In light of the ongoing current allegations of sexual misconduct in the film world....

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If craig was accused of that harrasment let’s say tomorrow, would he be fired off bond 25,
    Also, what if he was accused let’s say 8 months down the road

The same would likely happen in that case as it has with Spacey, basically that EON would distance themselves from their actor and move on after taking some time to think about where to go next. But of course any actor accused with credibility would be terminated, not only from a moral standpoint but more importantly for studios, because keeping them hurts their box office returns and attaches a bad stink and scandal to the project if they don't step in and do the right thing.

Thankfully, Dan doesn't seem to be a major creep and I'd like to hope that he's one of the few left in that shallow Hollywood ecosystem who isn't full of shit and who is who he presents himself as. The thing about him is that, despite being a damn good actor, he appears to take that acting out of his personal life and is perhaps a bit too honest about his opinions in the public eye which point to him being the real deal. People like Spacey and Weinstein however seem to have to constantly put on an act even outside their film connections (or performances, in Spacey's case) to distract from their personal demons and creep behavior.

But I really don't even want to have this kind of discussion, as it's not relevant at the time and I hope there's never a time when a Bond actor of any stature, lead or supporting, is accused of such immoral and disgusting acts. It reminds me of the crass prick who had the temerity to create a thread here where we were asked to place bets on which Bond would die next after Roger had just passed. I mean, really?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

Is that Valerie Leon on the left of that woman in pink?
    Yes.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Yes.

Thought she looked familiar! Regarding the video clip, I might agree with Piers Morgan for once. I wonder if Honor Blackman has ever commented on that scene – giving her opinion on the subject?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I probably said this before earlier in this thread, but Bond is NOT PC, he's NOT someone to aspire to be like in all fascets of his personality- he's conflicted, difficult, and a person that is trying to be a hero despite his dark side. He's almost everything Ethan Hunt is not. Even Brosnan's Bond, arguably the closest to PC Bond has ever gotten, is STILL a character I'd not want to be. THAT'S what makes him interesting- like in another world he'd be the perfect villain. Once again, he did not rape Pussy (Galore), she could have tossed him off her in that vulnerable position of his, rather, she was a bad girl with an almost equally bad boy who decided she'd made him work hard enough for what they both wanted. This is fiction, not reality.
    Well said.

It's ridiculous to even discuss this, but here we are.