Mi6 members from around the World - where are you from ?

Comments

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    I come from Belgium (the french speakers part called Wallonia, more exactly) ! I wish 007 will come here some day...
  • hulk-hogan-real-american-o.gif#real%20american%20gif%20320x240

One more American, this one from Long Island, New York.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Sandy wrote:
    Were you born in Austria? Do you currently or ever lived in Austria?

I was born in England & never actually lived in Austria, but I am very close with my Austrian family - I go there on holiday a few times a year, to Vienna and for Skiing in Tirol/Salzburg... wieso - hast du irgend eine Verbindung zu Österreich..?
    I come from Belgium (the french speakers part called Wallonia, more exactly) ! I wish 007 will come here some day...

Where in Wallonie are you from? I live just outside Brussels (though I'm not Belgian).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm from America. I live in the state of Ohio.
    It is great to see members on this forum quite literally from around the world! Awesome!
    I'm from New York, and still currently live here for no plans of moving anytime soon.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Tokoloshe wrote:
    I'm in Northern Ireland, which is not the same as Ireland and not part of Great Britain either. Change GB to the UK and stick me in there, please.

I'm another one from Northern Ireland. This country needs to be added to your list although it is a part of the UK.

He did go there in Raymond Benson's High Time to Kill (1999) if you care to give that a read.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Time to update, I think:

Australia: 3
    Austria: 1
    Belgium: 3
    Brazil: 2
    Canada: 8
    Costa Rica: 1
    Estonia: 1
    Finland: 1
    France: 1
    Germany: 4
    Greece: 1
    Indonesia: 1
    Ireland: 3
    Italy: 1
    Lithuania: 1
    Luxembourg: 1
    Macedonia: 1
    Malaysia: 1
    Netherlands: 3
    New Zealand: 1
    Northern Ireland: 1 (This one might be controversial)
    Norway: 2
    Phillipines: 1
    Portugal: 1
    Russia: 1
    South Africa: 1
    Spain: 1
    Sweden: 3
    United Kingdom: 33
    United States: 31

I'm from Trondheim, Norway in case you wondered… The Scandinavian contribution to this site is overall not too bad, but where are all the Danish?
    ^ There are actually two members from Northern Ireland so far.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I think it might be easier to go with:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    Republic of Ireland

@Dragonpol do you agree?
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Tokoloshe wrote:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    Republic of Ireland

@Dragonpol do you agree?

Wouldn't 'UK' and 'Ireland' just cover all those bases..? No need to bring politics onto the forum.
    Tokoloshe wrote:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    Republic of Ireland

@Dragonpol do you agree?

Yes, either that or the UK. I'm easy.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Add another point to Australia. I was born in Brisbane; lived along the east coast of QLD for most of my life, and now I reside in Adelaide.
    QBranch wrote:
    Add another point to Australia. I was born in Brisbane; lived along the east coast of QLD for most of my life, and now I reside in Adelaide.

Put another beer on the...erm...barbie.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 17,804
    AceHole wrote:
    Tokoloshe wrote:

England
    Scotland
    Wales
    Northern Ireland
    Republic of Ireland

@Dragonpol do you agree?

Wouldn't 'UK' and 'Ireland' just cover all those bases..? No need to bring politics onto the forum.

I don't think in all honesty that anyone was bringing politics onto the forum. What @AceHole has suggested is a good breakdown. The constitutional position on Northern Ireland remains unchanged - it remains part of the United Kingdom. The Republic of Ireland has not been part of the UK since 1921.
    AceHole wrote:

Where in Wallonie are you from? I live just outside Brussels (though I'm not Belgian).

I'm from a small village in Province de Luxembourg, the nearest town is Marche-en-Famenne, where I actually lived during 19 years. And you where near Brussels ?
    Dragonpol wrote:

He did go there in Raymond Benson's High Time to Kill (1999) if you care to give that a read.

Oh thank you for that information ; I'll certainly read it when it'd be finished with the Fleming's ones that I haven't read all yet... BTW, I wish 007 would come in films, that was my first meaning (they only mentioned Namur's jail in FYEO during the Q scene, if I'm right ; I honestly can't remember other references to my country in films but if you do, please remind it to me ;) )
    Ah and I just remembered Emile Locque is a belgian villain. My poor memory... lol
    Ah and I just remembered Emile Locque is a belgian villain. My poor memory... lol

Yes, that's another one! It slipped my all too fallible mind too!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jobo wrote:

The Scandinavian contribution to this site is overall not too bad, but where are all the Danish?
    They are in Denmark.
    Maybe they do not have internet access?
    jobo wrote:

The Scandinavian contribution to this site is overall not too bad, but where are all the Danish?
    They are in Denmark.

That might be the issue.
  • I´m from Sweden. Many beautiful girls here, like Maud Adams, Britt Ekland, Kristina Wayborn, Izabella Scorupco.....
    jobo wrote:
    jobo wrote:

They are in Denmark.

That might be the issue.

Or they are too drunk to figure out how to create an account. But if someone from Trondheim can do it...
    jobo wrote:
    jobo wrote:

They are in Denmark.

That might be the issue.

Or they are too drunk to figure out how to create an account. But if someone from Trondheim can do it...

Though to be fair you are not the run of the mill Norwegian, so don't put yourself down.
    @jobo is from Trondheim. Not me.

But he knows I am kidding. They have a reputation for drinking heavily, like the Danes.
    The Finns are the worst though, and arguably the Northerners.

But the Russians beat them all.
    We might drink a lot, but we have fantastic stamina! I don't know if that implies to the Danes, though... ;)
    AceHole wrote:

I'm from a small village in Province de Luxembourg, the nearest town is Marche-en-Famenne, where I actually lived during 19 years. And you where near Brussels ?

A small village called Eppegem. Very rural :-)
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 23
    I live in Florida in the USA. It's known as the sunshine state due to the great weather we have here year round.