an MI6-HQ podcast?

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
forgive me if i am retreading a previous topic, i haven't been around for a long time..

.. but i wanted to present this idea to the mods and/or top people here at MI6-HQ, has there ever been any discussion of doing an official podcast, or tubecast? (similar to what Collider does on Youtube).. where maybe once a month some mods mixed with regs here on MI6 get together to talk Bond?... i think it would be a great way to expand MI6-HQ audience, or outreach...

i've been wanting to organize something like this for some time now, but since we are so spread out across the globe, it would be a challenge to pull off..

Comments

Sounds good to me @haserot .
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    That would be, incredible
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    A far more intriguing (and viable) option than petitioning EON.

Although tricky to organise logistically.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I mirror these sentiments: a wonderful idea, but could prove very tough to organize on a monthly basis.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,544
    It takes a monstrous amount of editing time provided one doesn't want to hear all the "uhms" and lapses. But it would be great.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It takes a monstrous amount of editing time provided one doesn't want to hear all the "uhms" and lapses. But it would be great.

You forget I've done that kind of editing professionally before. Lol.. I think if it were to be limited to say a 1 hour discussion about new topics, or even retrospectives on the films.. I would lend my time and services to edit.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That's a fabulous commitment, @haserot. Thank you. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd definitely be up for something like this, if we could figure out how to do it reasonably. I think we'd all have some interesting discussions once we were recording.

I especially like the idea of going through each film and doing retrospectives where discussions are focused on just one movie each "episode."
    I'd definitely be up for something like this, if we could figure out how to do it reasonably. I think we'd all have some interesting discussions once we were recording.

I especially like the idea of going through each film and doing retrospectives where discussions are focused on just one movie each "episode."

Yeah, I really hope we can kick something like this off, provided I get to do the skyfall episode
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,399
    I know there is a way to do it.. meaning like get all of us into the same place via internet and recording the audio - a friend of a friend has done it before.. I'll research a little more what it needs to be done... I just think it would be a fun monthly or even bi-monthly get together- plus you could use it as a vehicle to push the magazines, and website articles, and the community boards themselves.
    Exactly.. I would love to be a part of the panel.. But we'll see, I am not the best talker at times lol.. But I figure we would try and get as many regs from the community on there as possible.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Podcast, good idea!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    OMG!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sounds like an awesome idea!
    Depending on recording time, I wouldn’t mind being on the panel
    We have to do this somehow.
    i picture the style being similar to this... except, obviously we cannot all be in the same room - but something like this, podcast style - and obviously, dedicated to James Bond...

since Bond news is slower than usual films, it would be tough to find things to talk about if we did a show monthly - or bi-monthly.. but thats where i figure doing retrospectives on the films in the series, the novels, comics, stuff like that.. it would help fill in some episode fodder during slow news cycles.. plus like i said earlier, we could use the podcasts to help promote issues of the magazine as well.. i actually like naming the podcast 'MI6 Confidential' as well, to tie into the magazine.. but, thats above my pay grade to decide lol
    i guess its a lot simpler than i thought it would be... essentially - as long as whoever is doing the show has Skype - a microphone - and a way to record / save / and email their audio file, thats all you need...

Skype - obviously it's used to talk and converse.. but the sound recording wouldn't be from Skype itself, but from everyone's own separate mic (so instead of recording Skype audio, everyone's own mic will be recording their own audio into it's own program like Audacity - which is free btw).. then once the recording is over.. it just needs to be emailed - or you could use google drive to send the files over..

yeah, this doesn't sound too difficult to do at all.. it's just everyone needs Skype - or something similar, and their own way to record their own sound... thats it.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2017 Posts: 2,721
    I'm keen! I have been doing a film podcast for about six years now (called ***Spoiler Alert***) - so would be keen to get involved in anyway - regular panel or recurring guest.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    i guess its a lot simpler than i thought it would be... essentially - as long as whoever is doing the show has Skype - a microphone - and a way to record / save / and email their audio file, thats all you need...

Skype - obviously it's used to talk and converse.. but the sound recording wouldn't be from Skype itself, but from everyone's own separate mic (so instead of recording Skype audio, everyone's own mic will be recording their own audio into it's own program like Audacity - which is free btw).. then once the recording is over.. it just needs to be emailed - or you could use google drive to send the files over..

yeah, this doesn't sound too difficult to do at all.. it's just everyone needs Skype - or something similar, and their own way to record their own sound... thats it.

What would Skype be used for?