To PPK, or to PPK/S- that is the question.

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited August 2017 in General Discussion Posts: 17,687
I have both a PPK, and a PPK/S (disclosure here- bb versions), and I find that the PPK/S is SO much more comfortable in my hand that I could never even conceive of purchasing the actual gun in PPK.
ppk15.jpg
walther_ppk_21.jpg

Thoughts?

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I've never handled either.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

*weeps*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The PPK/S feels better in the hand however I prefer the standard PPK.
    Murdock wrote: »

It's the purist in you, yes? I get that. A PPK/S would not have fit into the case Bond smuggled into Republic of Isthmus, would it?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »

It's the purist in you, yes? I get that. A PPK/S would not have fit into the case Bond smuggled into Republic of Isthmus, would it?

I wouldn't say I'm a purist but I feel the standard grips look better. As a collector it feels more authentic to Bond. :)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Some folks want a big PP.
    1_ms14442_600.jpg
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

*weeps*

Sorry to disappoint.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Neither have I in fact never had a replica gun
    edited August 2017 Posts: 17,687

I wouldn't say I'm a purist but I feel the standard grips look better. As a collector it feels more authentic to Bond. :)
    They LOOK better yes. More accurate to the screen, yes. But if I were to own one, as a REAL gun firing REAL bullets I'd opt for the more solid grip.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I've never held either, but given a choice I'd probably take the PPK to be true to Bond. That's really the only reason that you'd buy one of these, as they aren't the greatest guns. While they are very beautiful and exceedingly accurate, they've suffered from reliability issues due to less-than-stellar manufacturing for years now. Plus, .380's in general are comparatively under-powered when held up to today's great 9mm options. And for me, PPK's aren't legal for new sale in California anyway, and used examples from when they were legal are quite expensive (I don't know what contrived reason CA's government has that these aren't on the roster of handguns, yet many similar guns are).
    Some folks want a big PP.
    1_ms14442_600.jpg
    The PP is too long in the snout IMO. Just get a Sig Sauer then...
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I own a PP in .380. Its not as attractive as the PPK or PPK/S but the longer sight radius and extended grip certainly makes it the most fun of the 3 to shoot.

While I do plan on purchasing both a PPK and PPK/S someday, the PPK would be bought mostly as a collector's item (especially if I could find a blued .32acp version).