Berenice Marlohe

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 774
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Volante wrote:
    I think she's reminiscent in the way that she's European and she's more classically attractive. Maybe the facial structure? It's like Denise Richards as a Bond girl was in no way similar to the early Bond girls. I'm not sure what it is about Berenice, she just reminds me of the early girls. Though you're right, nothing holds up to them.

Fair enough, but then the same applies to the likes of Sophie Marceau and Eva Green, no? :)

It sure does. They're both in my top 10.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Looks alone do not make a Bond girl, as Denise Richards demonstrated.

I don't see anything here to recommend her. The chocolate face looks plain disturbing. Although it's preferable to Brozza's pain face.

However, if Mendes cast her she must have something going for her.

You argued having a womans opinion is nice (maybe it was sarcasm, though) - well, I am quite underwhelemd by her. She looks terribly artificial, comes across as very insecure and just all smiles, nothing else...still, like you said, Mendes is no idiot and must see something in her, that fits the part.

Many people come off as shy and insecure but when it comes to doing their job of what ever profession they're in, they're pretty amazing it, especially actors and singers. Michael Jackson was the greatest performer that ever lived and on stage he was forcefully colossal; off the stage he was astonishingly shy and insecure.

And what would be wrong with a shy, insecure, vulnerable Bond girl?
    Ludovico wrote:

And what would be wrong with a shy, insecure, vulnerable Bond girl?

Nothing, but from what she said herself, that is not the part, she is playing. Enigmatic was one word used...like I said, I hope, she will surprise me...

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Looks alone do not make a Bond girl, as Denise Richards demonstrated.

I don't see anything here to recommend her. The chocolate face looks plain disturbing. Although it's preferable to Brozza's pain face.

However, if Mendes cast her she must have something going for her.

You argued having a womans opinion is nice (maybe it was sarcasm, though) - well, I am quite underwhelemd by her. She looks terribly artificial, comes across as very insecure and just all smiles, nothing else...still, like you said, Mendes is no idiot and must see something in her, that fits the part.

Many people come off as shy and insecure but when it comes to doing their job of what ever profession they're in, they're pretty amazing it, especially actors and singers. Michael Jackson was the greatest performer that ever lived and on stage he was forcefully colossal; off the stage he was astonishingly shy and insecure.

Yes, Freddie Mercury comes to mind as well. Great performers, private lives. I respect that.
    She maybe a mute assassin! joking aside whether she is good or not is relative to how demanding her role is. she may only be in the film for 20 minutes.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    She maybe a mute assassin! joking aside whether she is good or not is relative to how demanding her role is. she may only be in the film for 20 minutes.
    No. She's got to have a bigger part than that. Why else would she be given all this press attention and stand alongside Dan, Javier, and Judi, not to mention getting a seat at the press conference.
    No. She's got to have a bigger part than that. Why else would she be given all this press attention and stand alongside Dan, Javier, and Judi, not to mention getting a set at the press conference.

I sure hopes she gets good screen time. Hell, I'd like Bond to steal her from Bardem and end up with her. But lets remember Fields only had about 4 scenes in the last movie! And Solange had a couple scenes in CR. We just can't tell at this stage.

slyfox wrote:
    No. She's got to have a bigger part than that. Why else would she be given all this press attention and stand alongside Dan, Javier, and Judi, not to mention getting a set at the press conference.

I sure hopes she gets good screen time. Hell, I'd like Bond to steal her from Bardem and end up with her. But lets remember Fields only had about 4 scenes in the last movie! And Solange had a couple scenes in CR. We just can't tell at this stage.

Yes, too soon to tell. It is also hard to tell whether Severine will be good or bad. We know Eve is on the good side, so is Severine going to be bad to balance it out? Then turn good after she gets involved with Bond?? So many questions... :-?
    ...all I mean is every time I think of Harris I think of johnny Depp in the Pirate movies...Harris is a character actress not a beauty to speak of ...not a femme fatale the French babe has that award.....
    sohot2 wrote:
    ...all I mean is every time I think of Harris I think of johnny Depp in the Pirate movies...Harris is a character actress not a beauty to speak of ...not a femme fatale the French babe has that award.....

Those, wo hired her, must be aware of the fact, that she is not the great beauty. There must be a reason for it, which brings me back to MP, can't help it.
    Eva Green, for me, transcends the eras. She is perhaps a little reminiscent of the early Bond girls up front, but is also completely contemporary. IMHO, inspired casting which helped lift the film above the mediocre. I think her vulnerability harked back to the early days - Ursula, Daniela Bianchi - while her sharp wits mark out out as very much of today.

Some of the early posts in this thread slate Barbara Bach, which I consider grounds for a duel. What kinds of caddish fellows make such remarks? Tomorrow - pistols at dawn!
    Getafix wrote:
    Eva Green, for me, transcends the eras. She is perhaps a little reminiscent of the early Bond girls up front, but is also completely contemporary. IMHO, inspired casting which helped lift the film above the mediocre. I think her vulnerability harked back to the early days - Ursula, Daniela Bianchi - while her sharp wits mark out out as very much of today.

Some of the early posts in this thread slate Barbara Bach, which I consider grounds for a duel. What kinds of caddish fellows make such remarks? Tomorrow - pistols at dawn!

Oh, duels are so foolishly simplistic. It's bare-knuckles or nothing. Not at dawn, but at dusk. Make sure your mom and dad have a flashlight so they can watch you lose. This is all so ironic, as Eva is my favorite, but a challenge is a challenge.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Does anyone remember if Caterina Murino participated in the production launch press conference for CR?
    Getafix wrote:

Oh, duels are so foolishly simplistic. It's bare-knuckles or nothing. Not at dawn, but at dusk. Make sure your mom and dad have a flashlight so they can watch you lose. This is all so ironic, as Eva is my favorite, but a challenge is a challenge.

Well I'm all with Roger when it comes to this kind of thing, so expect a good pasting from my stunt double.
  • Green was sophisticated and intelligent and had a brain, something of an improvement on some previous additions who were all hair and nice face and with less than nothing between the ears. It's a shame they decided to kill her off in Royale as I would of liked to have maybe seen her again at least for one more time

As for Bach, she's in my top three of all time Bond girls and I won't have a bad word said against her, OK she wasn't overly convincing as a Soviet agent but she was nice to look at, I'll give her that. On the whole of it, she didn't do that bad a job and was a massive improvement on the disaster to come that was Holly Goodhead in the next picture
    Ah, Babs. James Bond and a Beatle can't both be wrong.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Well I'm all with Roger when it comes to this kind of thing, so expect a good pasting from my stunt double.

The joke, my friend, is on you. I AM Rog's stunt double. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Green was sophisticated and intelligent and had a brain, something of an improvement on some previous additions who were all hair and nice face and with less than nothing between the ears. It's a shame they decided to kill her off in Royale as I would of liked to have maybe seen her again at least for one more time

Oh no no no. That wouldn't have worked. CR followed the book with Vesper dying, and as much as I love her, I prefer it. It added an emotional aspect to CR where Bond trusts someone else, opens up to them, and then gets attacked and betrayed. It adds an important layer to the film and it wouldn't be as brilliant without it.
    Agreed. Is the fight still on then? Think I have an appointment tomorrow so might not make it I'm afraid...
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 62
    Germanlady wrote:
    sohot2 wrote:

Those, wo hired her, must be aware of the fact, that she is not the great beauty. There must be a reason for it, which brings me back to MP, can't help it.

I think she is a great beauty.
    Is there a script they give Bond girls? I'm sure I've heard (all) of this before, every time they cast another bimbo 'actress' : http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_report_jan12b_bernice_marlohe.php3?s=bond23&id=03066
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Getafix wrote:
    Is there a script they give Bond girls? I'm sure I've heard (all) of this before, every time they cast another bimbo 'actress' : http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_report_jan12b_bernice_marlohe.php3?s=bond23&id=03066
    Interesting that she mentions Famke Janssen and then says, "In my character I’ve tried to bring a different kind of complexity." Maybe I'm reading into it, but do you think we're getting another truly evil Bond girl? (Evil from the get go a la Luciana Paluzzi from TB, not some tosh traitor a la Elektra King)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 940
    She obviously does kiss Bond, otherwise she wouldn't tease the idea. Question is whether its as a straight-out villain like Onatopp (GE) and Fiona (TB) or the villains want-away girlfriend like Lupe (LTK).
  • Hope this isn't too off-topic, but I did some research on the gun. The Beretta 70 is used by the Mossad and.... sky marshalls. Wonder if they picked the weapon on puropose!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've already posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate here.

"I totally heard by chance that they were doing the casting for a James Bond movie, and that one of the auditions was taking place in Paris. So I tried myself to contact every name involved in the movie I could possibly find on the IMDb!

It seems IMDB does come in handy then. ;)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a361587/skyfalls-berenice-marlohe-used-imdb-to-land-james-bond-role.html
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 100
    Kerim wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    Since this was posted by germanlady, I am trying to think if there has ever been a German Bond girl. If not, why not?!

Karin Dor (Helga, YOLT)

There was one other: Ilse Steppat. OK, maybe not a Bond girl exactly...
    I think Ilse is not a genuine contender.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Using Bond to her advantage I see. Hopefully success lasts for her post-Bond.
    Somehow doubt it...