HASEROT's ART COLLECTION...***(UPDATED 1/22/14)!!***

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That cover gives off a great sense of style, I love the colour choices, they go together really well. Great work @haserot.
    Phenomenal stuff!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The book covers are explosive and pop. My favorite are the covers for FRWL. The balance of the reds,blacks and whites balance it beautifully and the titles pop in both.
    That Bond 23 teaser is just phenomenal!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    bumpy bump

new additions include...

Zorin "HOPE" poster... Everything Or Nothing movie poster... and 5 cover designs for Carte Blanche
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Absolutely love "DEVIL MAY CARE".

How beautiful. Great work ;)

True inspiration.

Oh and the green LIVE AND LET DIE one.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome work as always, Haserot!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    added a new banner!

The World Is Not Enough.... in the vein of the banners used on the film pages here on MI6
    Nice banners, haserot! The title is spot on 90's! Still love that Dalton one.
    added a new banner!

The World Is Not Enough.... in the vein of the banners used on the film pages here on MI6
    If you were to add in the official logo, that'd be much more to my liking than what we got. Good job @haserot!
    added a new banner!

If you were to add in the official logo, that'd be much more to my liking than what we got. Good job @haserot!
    Thank you very much... i had some spare time today, so I did a quick one for Tomorrow Never Dies as well..... enjoy

added a new banner!

Thank you very much... i had some spare time today, so I did a quick one for Tomorrow Never Dies as well..... enjoy

Very good as well and you've left room for any extra sparkle if it's needed.

I hope you've contacted someone like @JamesPage to see if they're interested in using your designs.

What do you think of the current ones up on the site by the way? From a designer's perspective?
    added a new banner!

Very good as well and you've left room for any extra sparkle if it's needed.

I hope you've contacted someone like @JamesPage to see if they're interested in using your designs.

What do you think of the current ones up on the site by the way? From a designer's perspective?
    i have contacted @JamesPage - i sent a message this past weekend.. still awaiting on a response though..

in terms of what is up there now... there are some I like, and some I think could be better (ie: TWINE), but I like the one used for FRWL, and even the TB one as well.... I now understand how difficult it is to create them while trying to use copyright free images... especially with some of the older ones like Connery or Moore
    I now understand how difficult it is to create them while trying to use copyright free images... especially with some of the older ones like Connery or Moore
    That's something I'd never even considered. Now I feel rather guilty...
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    I now understand how difficult it is to create them while trying to use copyright free images... especially with some of the older ones like Connery or Moore
    That's something I'd never even considered. Now I feel rather guilty...
    lol - i have found a couple "stills" of Connery from the Dr. No days - but I am not sure if they would be usuable.... those are the hardest to find, and considering how many films each man has done...

i had thought about creating these banners, and using my "cut out" style of art to create a very graphic/print look to them (ie: like my Zorin parody poster)... but... i would have to use copyright images as the stencil or point of reference... it's a catch 22 really lol.
    i'm on a roll.... just added a banner for "Goldfinger"
    The Goldfinger one is both sexy and stylish.

Catch-22 is very funny considering the number of films!
    The Goldfinger one is both sexy and stylish.

Catch-22 is very funny considering the number of films!
    check out my latest.... i had an epiphany today at work, and had to come straight home and throw this together...

should the mods here at Mi6 let me redo the film page banners... i really want to do them in this style... it's a mixture of both the original movie posters, and the opening titles... it's my little nod to the 50th anniversary of 007 on the big screen...... let me know what you think...

Photobucket

I'm also adding the link to the directory (lol) on the first page.... enjoy.

@haserot yes some nice work.
    @haserot I like how in the Goldfinger Banner, you found a better bond girl... rofl.. Nice.
    thank you.
    Yes, the mods should let you do the banners. Nice work. :-D
    Nice adding of the original posters to the banners. I've always thought on the film pages, the theatrical posters would be better than the DVD covers, so this ties in with that idea. I do worry things look a bit cluttered, mind.

If you do another though, we should get an idea of where this - quite great - concept will head.
    Nice adding of the original posters to the banners. I've always thought on the film pages, the theatrical posters would be better than the DVD covers, so this ties in with that idea. I do worry things look a bit cluttered, mind.

If you do another though, we should get an idea of where this - quite great - concept will head.
    do you mean other one for Goldfinger?.. or just one for another film?... because i am already working on ones for Dr. No and From Russia With Love.
    No, another film. I wait with baited breath and look forward to seeing how the new two go.

Just to clarify my earlier post when I said "I do worry things look a bit cluttered, mind." I was refering the banners hence my need to see more, not the theatrical posters replacing the DVD covers. Sorry for any confusion.
    Photobucket
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It's different to what's up there that's for certain but I personally think better. If the majority agree, they should be used in my opinion.

EDIT: I've just copied the banner into a screencap of the From Russia With Love page in Paint and replaced the current banner with yours and it really works I think. Have you tried this @haserot? It's always a good way to test these things.
    and if they don't decide to go with them, that is okay... i don't mean to step on the toes of the person who has done the others... but I felt like a nice change/update would be in order, to coincide with the 50th anniversary celebration... and not to mention, a lot of the films don't even have banners....

in my personal artistic opinion, doing them this way showcases the individual look and feel of each film - by combining (or taking influence) from the movie posters and opening title sequences - which as you can see, is clearly what i did with both Goldfinger and From Russia With Love.... it may be drastically different than what is up there, but i think that is a good thing.... when i was doing the TND and TWINE ones, I wanted to do something different, but felt like I was staying inline with what was already there...

these are essentially laid out exactly the same, just with more flair ;-)
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    You could really redo those two if you wanted to now, as they could be brought out more using this new style.

Some films though, say On Her Majesty's Secret Service have mainly purple titles but a blue/white colour theme. How would that work? Though it's the same thing for Dr. No and that's being done next, so I'll what you come up with.

And yes either way, even if that are not used it's a great experiment to see how a film can be really well conveyed in such a small, tight space.
    with DR NO.... much like my FRWL, i will probably take a lot of influence from the opening titles - with some use of the multicolored dots - and thats something i can bridge over to the movie poster as well, as that was very colorful as well.. it's something i'm still trying to figure out how i want to do it