James Bond Film Budgets

2»

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great @BondJasonBond006, I look forward to it, even if SP did well there (*shakes head in disbelief*).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Some major differences between the total World-Wide box office and France:

1. SP outperformed both Avengers: Age of Ultron and Furious Seven.
    2. SF outperformed The Avengers and was the #1 film in 2012.
    3. QOS outperformed The Dark Knight.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    SP's performance in France is even more remarkable since it followed a terrorist attack @DaltonCraig007.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited June 2017 Posts: 9,020
    I will do several posts, let me start with SPECTRE just to give you an idea about the real success of it. This is ticket sales = number of tickets sold, the only real way to measure success of a film with the audience.

SPECTRE in Switzerland, Austria and Germany:
    All three countries combined Star Wars TFA, Spectre, Minions were the top 3 in 2015.

SPECTRE 2015, Ticket Sales:
    Switzerland: 1.028.363
    Austria: 768.554
    Germany: 7.089.019

in comparison: Star Wars The Force Awakens 2015, Ticket Sales:
    Switzerland: 707'341 (321.022 less tickets sold than SPECTRE)
    Austria: 787.908 (19.354 more tickets sold than SPECTRE)
    Germany: 9.018.037 (1.929.018 more tickets sold than SPECTRE)

in comparison: Minions 2015, Ticket Sales:
    Switzerland: 638.685 (389.678 less tickets sold than SPECTRE)
    Austria: 787.800 (19.246 more tickets sold than SPECTRE)
    Germany: 6.944.015 (145.004 less tickets sold than SPECTRE)

Fast & Furious 7 has sold 498.840 tickets in Switzerland, that's less than half of SPECTRE
    In Germany slightly better ratio with 4.186.302 tickets sold, almost 3 Million less than SPECTRE
    Same picture for Jurassic World, even worse.

I will do the comparisons for all Bond films available later in a chart that is easy enough to read.

I posted this in the appropriate thread as well where I will continue to post the stats.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/5523/box-office-wise-how-does-bond-compare#latest
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I think 150 million for a Bond film is completely doable, even in this age. The tricky is to keep dialogue heavy scenes to a minimum, and keep the run time down where possible. There's a reason why the Connery and Moore films feel like the most breezy, despite having the least action. It's because they rarely get bogged down with melodrama or overly complicated narrative. The plots are simple and the characters likewise. If we were to return to that nowadays, EON could save a lot of money on production. Not to mention that a film of 2 hours gets more plays in the cinema than a bloated 150 minute epic.

I would really love to see EON rediscover it's roots, as it has yet to do since Babs and Micky G took the reins IMO. I'm not asking for things to return to a FRWL level of scale, I realise that's a virtual impossibility at this put, but it would be cool to see them regained that sense of measure and proportion that they had for so long. Make an old school movie, where Bond is Bond from the start and we are invited along on his escapades in the field. Put aside this "we need to be modern, we need to second guess ourselves" mantra that they seem to be preaching from the past 25 years and just have fun with it.
    +1
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    +2