Children's TV you grew up with

Comments

OMG!!! I remember all of these, plus the ones I had completely forgot about! Happy memories indeed!!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 11,189
    One of my favourites as a kid growing up in the 90s. Used to watch the repeats on BB2 every Friday night.

Always enjoyed this series more than Thunderbirds to be honest.

My favourite episodes were "Winged Assassin" and "Operation Time".
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Thank God for youtube. I can relive many of these amazing cartoons and shows of yesteryear.
    I don t think so. The heroine always got tied to the railway as far as I can remember by the mustache twirling villain, and was rescued by the same hero every time. He may have been in a mountie uniform, but my memory is fuzzy.
    Dudley Do-Right?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think the Muttley spin-off that aired within Dastardly & Muttley in Their Flying Machines was called Magnificent Muttley, in which Dastardly often the played the villain to Muttley's heroic character in the latter's daydreaming imaginative mind.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Stingray was my favourite Gerry Anderson series; I loved the aquatic setting.

...I also found Troy Tempest a bit fanciable. That raised eyebrow.
    Animaniacs
    Babar
    Captain Planet
    Chip'n Dale - Rescue Rangers
    Darkwing Duck
    Merry Melodies (Disney shorts. Loved Donald Duck and Goofy ones)
    Nick Knatterton
    Duck Tales
    Lucky Luke
    Looney Tunes
    Power Rangers
    Robin Hood, that Disney one with animals.
    Tiny Toons
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Tom & Jerry

And too many to name here.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    BAIN123 wrote: »

Stingray was my favourite Gerry Anderson series; I loved the aquatic setting.

...I also found Troy Tempest a bit fanciable. That raised eyebrow.

Anything could happen in the next half hour !.....
    Iirc one of the characters in stingray was voiced by our very own Lois Maxwell aka Miss Moneypeny. Atlanta Shore was her name I think.
    Not to forget this classic series which has one of the best theme tunes of any kids tv.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 3,000
    Pinky and the Brain

Political Jokes (I love 3:42);

0:14;
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Milovy wrote: »
    I don t think so. The heroine always got tied to the railway as far as I can remember by the mustache twirling villain, and was rescued by the same hero every time. He may have been in a mountie uniform, but my memory is fuzzy.
    Dudley Do-Right?

@Milovy, I love you! Thanks a bunch. Guess I have some Yotube time ahead of me next weekend.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Milovy wrote: »
    Dudley Do-Right?

@Milovy, I love you! Thanks a bunch. Guess I have some Yotube time ahead of me next weekend.

I'm so happy for you that you finally found It, Thundy. Happy viewing old pal!
    Thank you, It s fun to rediscover old childhood memories.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 17,730
    Thank you, It s fun to rediscover old childhood memories.

It certainly is!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Inspector Gadget:

Scooby Doo:

And of course, Sesame Street!:
    I was a big fan of Inspector Gadget! However, it was years before I worked out that he was voiced by Maxwell Smart. Duh.

("Inspector Gadget!" is also what people shout at me in the street for having the temerity to wear a trenchcoat in public.)
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Iirc one of the characters in stingray was voiced by our very own Lois Maxwell aka Miss Moneypeny. Atlanta Shore was her name I think.

Yes! Poor lass, she had no more luck with Tempest than she did with Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    ("Inspector Gadget!" is also what people shout at me in the street for having the temerity to wear a trenchcoat in public.)
    And not Columbo?
    bondjames wrote: »
    And not Columbo?

Or one of those shifty watch-sellers?
    I did once get "Where's your violin case?", so I must have a touch of the mobster.

(Columbo is probably more accurate, because I dress as if I'd never heard of ironing.)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    It was the 80's that I remember really for childrens tv that I watched. I started the 80's at 7 years old, I don't really remember much before that.

Anyway, I was always a massive fan of the Hanna Barbera cartoons; The Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Wacky Races etc. Also a big fan of the He-Man cartoons, along with Dangermouse and Count Duckula.

One of my all time favourites was this:

250px-Bf%26karate.jpg

Batfink is one of my favourite cartoons of all time. I know it was a 60's cartoon but one of the terrestrial channels showed them all and I loved it. His Battillac, Wing of Steel and his Super Sonic Sonar Radar, along with his battles with Hugo A-Go-Go all added to the joy. I actually have the complete boxset of all 100 episodes.
    I did once get "Where's your violin case?", so I must have a touch of the mobster.

(Columbo is probably more accurate, because I dress as if I'd never heard of ironing.)

I love Columbo, so that's fine in my book!
    As we are looking back at horses and black beauty and if you've ever wondered what dear old Q got up too when he wasn't making Bond Films try this
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Some of my childhood's favourites:

The Jetsons ... aah, the Space Age! Why are we not there yet?

The Flintstones ... the stone age, guess that's where we are heading again.

Pan Tau (Czech children's programme on German TV)

And finally: Pippi Longstocking, possibly the best theme song ever.
    I loved all of those.
    edited February 2 Posts: 17,730
    Thanks to @MajorDSmythe who reminded me of this classic children's TV series, The Trap Door. I recall seeing as a child in the late 1980s:

I've been inspired to order the series on DVD from eBay.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Thanks to @MajorDSmythe who reminded me of this classic children's TV series, The Trap Door. I recall seeing as a child in the late 1980s:

It's actually impressive how much they have happening on screen in the second series episodes. All manner of creepy crawlies come out of the trap door, and they're all moving around at the same time. Must have been a nightmare to animate.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It's actually impressive how much they have happening on screen in the second series episodes. All manner of creepy crawlies come out of the trap door, and they're all moving around at the same time. Must have been a nightmare to animate.

That's good to know. I've not seen any of it since childhood so I can't recall too much about it. That claymation kind of animation was very popular at the time. As you say, it must've taken an insane amount of patience, dedication, skill and time to produce for just a few minutes on screen. I do recall that as a child I had a little Trap Door story book that I recall had something to do with the castle coming down with eggs! I may still have it somewhere in the house but I haven't seen it for years.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 3 Posts: 23,105
    Metal Mickey - Opening Titles - Classic UK Kids TV

Mighty Mouse

SPACE GHOST