CLOSED

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    peter wrote: »
    This is a war of values, and those in the West better dig down and get a little nasty.

So the West is the only area of the world where the such attacks happen?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No, not saying that
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    As I said after the Manchester attack, all these perpetrators (whether in the UK, France, Belgium, etc) were on terrorist watch-lists. The main problem is right there. The police/intelligence services should start by dealing with everyone on those lists.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    absolutely-- or those that spew hatred via the mosques they preach in. If they talk about killing or maiming anyone in their host country, could that not be an example of renouncing one's citizenship?

Perhaps the PiecesOS from last night would have preferred the free living ways in the caves of Afghanistan instead of seeing and living all the evil the West is offering?
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,602
    From The Guardian, 3 mins ago:

"Meanwhile signs with the hashtag #turntolove have been taped to bollards, alongside bouquets of flowers. "

This is exactly the type of stuff that the media and religious leaders lap up and have been for years and yet we still dont seem to have realised (like praying or lighting up buildings) that it may help in the short term but it does nothing to save lives in future and provides a distraction from serious debate.

As I said after the Manchester attack, all these perpetrators (whether in the UK, France, Belgium, etc) were on terrorist watch-lists. The main problem is right there. The police/intelligence services should start by dealing with everyone on those lists.

See, no one goes through my post into detail. We all still think: The tougher we are with this war on terrorism, the more terrorist attacks are being prevented. It's a foolish notion. And I don't bother anymore diging into the deeper non-visible causes of this terrorism. Enjoy discussing in here you folks :-).

See, no one goes through my post into detail. We all still think: The tougher we are with this war on terrorism, the more terrorist attacks are being prevented. It's a foolish notion. And I don't bother anymore diging into the deeper non-visible causes of this terrorism. Enjoy discussing in here you folks :-).

Hello? Name all the major attacks in Europe in the last 2 years - the Bataclan attack, the Manchester attack, the Brussels attack, the Nice attack, the Charlie Hebdo attack. ALL the perpetrators of these attacks were on terrorist watch-lists.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature, they will like the strong horse."

Osama Bin Laden

So all of these lovey dovey hashtags, and the like, only weaken us in the eyes of these wicked, little people.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,119

Hello? Name all the major attacks in Europe in the last 2 years - the Bataclan attack, the Manchester attack, the Brussels attack, the Nice attack, the Charlie Hebdo attack. ALL the perpetrators of these attacks were on terrorist watch-lists.

You just don't get me, do you :-(. Never mind....
    It all sounds so simple. We need to be tougher on this kind of terrorism. We need to be stricter with internet. We need to have better intel. We need to 'cut down their throats'.

But in here there's barely a discussion about the real cause of it all. There's a reason most Islamic State terrorists are from Saudi-Arabia. It's because that damned King refuses to -financially- invest in the future of young kids and teenagers. He refuses to give the youth a sense of purpose and a chance to do well in society, by heavily investing in education, health-care and social security.

And you know? You slowly see similar things happening in many Western countries. In here Muslims have already been made the paria's of today's western society. Nobody thinks that there perhaps are Muslim Bond fans? Just imagine how it must feel for those well-integrated, well-educated Muslims who receive the blame finger all the time? Anyway, that's besides the point. For decades subsequent governments, both Tories and Labour, refused to shrink class differences in society, refused to heavily invest in education, refused to give those youngsters in poor suburbs, both Muslims and non-Muslims, a real chance to excell in their careers, a purpose in their lifes. They refused to raise taxes on the rich, refused to lower them from middle class all the way down to the poor people. THAT'S a big indirect part of this problem!!

If we do not properly create an all-inclusive society for everyone, one eventually creates the seeds for a poisonous society in which western democratic ideals are already being thrown in the dustbin, because only a small number of people can profit from them. Then obviously the more civilized Muslims dig online into anti-Muslim propaganda from Islamic State, instead of necessary schoolbooks, which are already way too expensive for many! Because make no mistake, the people in here who think Islamic State terrorists are the personification of the real Islam religion are dead wrong. These terrorists are the personification of the devil, they are not Muslims, they are the anti-Muslim....just like the Nazi's in WW II were the personification of the anti-Christ.

Sadly, now many western societies are slowly hanging their heads to Trump's 'ideal vision of a Western world', the internet and the Islam are merely facilitators of all this terrorism, and are by far not the real causes. Once we don't have the financial and psychological will anymore to create an all-inclusive society, the outcasts of that society sooner or later will find the devil itself and turn to poisonous ideologies like Nazism...or Islamic State.

Sadly, I am quite a lonely person in here addressing this very core problem, the core cause of all this shit. So nothing changes anyway. 9/11 is now 16 years old....and look where we are now. All that 'gutsy anti-terrorism talk' from politicians.......it didn't get us anywhere close to the annihilation of terrorism huh?!?!? Instead we keep generalizing people, by blaming all Muslims. We keep forgetting the bigger, more complex picture! This will only make things worse.
    Yes there are long-term solutions that @Gustav wrote in his posts. But there also short terms solutions, and none of them are being implemented apart from stupid praying, flag-profile pics on social networks and whatnot. Someone please explain to me why NOTHING was done in France since the State of Emergency was implemented after the Bataclan attack happened. Everyone knew then that the Bataclan attackers were on terrorist watch-lists, and we also also knew that 10 months before that attack, what happened at Charlie Hebdo was also made by people on these watch-lists. But 8 months into the State of Emergency, the Nice attack was once again done by people who were on those watch lists. We don't need to be tougher against terrorism, because factually nothing is being done by our respective Governments or intelligence services.
    Yes there are long-term solutions that @Gustav wrote in his posts. But there also short terms solutions, and none of them are being implemented apart from stupid praying, flag-profile pics on social networks and whatnot. Someone please explain to me why NOTHING was done in France since the State of Emergency was implemented after the Bataclan attack happened. Everyone knew then that the Bataclan attackers were on terrorist watch-lists, and we also also knew that 10 months before that attack, what happened at Charlie Hebdo was also made by people on these watch-lists. But 8 months into the State of Emergency, the Nice attack was once again done by people who were on those watch lists. We don't need to be tougher against terrorism, because factually nothing is being done by our respective Governments or intelligence services.

Let's shift the picture a bit then. These long-term solutions are entirely pivotal! Damn important. Actually, Prime Minister May referred to them today as well: "We have to make sure these people become part of our society again, and not part of a sick internet world". I agree policemen, Scotland Yard and MI6 need to do better. But it's naive to think that strengthening anti-terrorism squads will make our societies clean of terrorism. The examples are endless and you know that that alone won't do it!

I mean, I hear it for example on public schools in big cities like Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Kids there are openly criticisng Dutch history, ignore facts like the Holocaust, and actually think that gays need to be slaughtered. THERE it goes wrong. And part of the problem is, that these classrooms are way way too big. And that they don't have fierce parents educating them in Dutch history. BUT, the Dutch government isn't investing at all in a better educated youth. It actually keeps cutting down costs on education. Only recently, the Dutch government sees the importance of having new subjects at school like "Social Media Use", but IMO it's already a quarter past 12!

edited June 2017 Posts: 15,696

It all sounds so simple. We need to be tougher on this kind of terrorism. We need to be stricter with internet. We need to have better intel. We need to 'cut down their throats'.

But in here there's barely a discussion about the real cause of it all. There's a reason most Islamic State terrorists are from Saudi-Arabia. It's because that damned King refuses to -financially- invest in the future of young kids and teenagers. He refuses to give the youth a sense of purpose and a chance to do well in society, by heavily investing in education, health-care and social security.

And you know? You slowly see similar things happening in many Western countries. In here Muslims have already been made the paria's of today's western society. Nobody thinks that there perhaps are Muslim Bond fans? Just imagine how it must feel for those well-integrated, well-educated Muslims who receive the blame finger all the time? Anyway, that's besides the point. For decades subsequent governments, both Tories and Labour, refused to shrink class differences in society, refused to heavily invest in education, refused to give those youngsters in poor suburbs, both Muslims and non-Muslims, a real chance to excell in their careers, a purpose in their lifes. They refused to raise taxes on the rich, refused to lower them from middle class all the way down to the poor people. THAT'S a big indirect part of this problem!!

If we do not properly create an all-inclusive society for everyone, one eventually creates the seeds for a poisonous society in which western democratic ideals are already being thrown in the dustbin, because only a small number of people can profit from them. Then obviously the more civilized Muslims dig online into anti-Muslim propaganda from Islamic State, instead of necessary schoolbooks, which are already way too expensive for many! Because make no mistake, the people in here who think Islamic State terrorists are the personification of the real Islam religion are dead wrong. These terrorists are the personification of the devil, they are not Muslims, they are the anti-Muslim....just like the Nazi's in WW II were the personification of the anti-Christ.

Sadly, now many western societies are slowly hanging their heads to Trump's 'ideal vision of a Western world', the internet and the Islam are merely facilitators of all this terrorism, and are by far not the real causes. Once we don't have the financial and psychological will anymore to create an all-inclusive society, the outcasts of that society sooner or later will find the devil itself and turn to poisonous ideologies like Nazism...or Islamic State.

Sadly, I am quite a lonely person in here addressing this very core problem, the core cause of all this shit. So nothing changes anyway. 9/11 is now 16 years old....and look where we are now. All that 'gutsy anti-terrorism talk' from politicians.......it didn't get us anywhere close to the annihilation of terrorism huh?!?!? Instead we keep generalizing people, by blaming all Muslims. We keep forgetting the bigger, more complex picture! This will only make things worse.

So today we have the proof that @Gustav_Graves is a Trump supporter. I said 'we need deal with people who are on terrorist watch-lists', and you jump to the conclusion that I am talking about Muslims and that I'm being anti-Muslim. You are just like Trump, or Le Pen, who systemically mention muslims and terrorism in the same sentence. I said 'terrorists', not 'Muslims'. I don't care if people on these watch lists are Catholics, Buddhists, Jedi knights or friggin Scientologists. Anyone who's on those lists must be taken care of. There are even people who shouldn't even be on those damn lists, but no one knows for sure since nothing is being done by our intelligence services.

Let's shift the picture a bit then. These long-term solutions are entirely pivotal! Damn important. Actually, Prime Minister May referred to them today as well: "We have to make sure these people become part of our society again, and not part of a sick internet world". I agree policemen, Scotland Yard and MI6 need to do better. But it's naive to think that strengthening anti-terrorism squads will make our societies clean of terrorism. The examples are endless and you know that that alone won't do it!

I mean, I hear it for example on public schools in big cities like Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Kids there are openly criticisng Dutch history, ignore facts like the Holocaust, and actually think that gays need to be slaughtered. THERE it goes wrong. And part of the problem is, that these classrooms are way way too big. And that they don't have fierce parents educating them in Dutch history. BUT, the Dutch government isn't investing at all in a better educated youth. It actually keeps cutting down costs on education. Only recently, the Dutch government sees the importance of having new subjects at school like "Social Media Use", but IMO it's already a quarter past 12!

Read the damn post. I didn't say short term solutions are the only ones that are important. Of course long-term solutions like you mention are important. But the fact is that NEITHER short term or long term solutions are being implemented. How many f*cking times do we need to make stupid hashtags on Twitter, or Facebook or light up important buildings and monuments in special colours in prayers?

So today we have the proof that @Gustav_Graves is a Trump supporter. I said 'we need deal with people who are on terrorist watch-lists', and you jump to the conclusion that I am talking about Muslims and that I'm being anti-Muslim. You are just like Trump, or Le Pen, who systemically mention muslims and terrorism in the same sentence. I said 'terrorist', not 'Muslims'. I don't care if people on these watch lists are Christian, Buddhists, Jedi knights or friggin Scientologists. Anyone who's on those lists must be taken care of. There are even people who shouldn't even be on those damn lists, but no one knows for sure since nothing is being done by our intelligence services.

I think you make it all sounds so simple. I didn't mean to portray you as a person who dislikes Muslims. On the contrary. But there's no bigger picture to be found in this topic sadly. You make it all sound so ff-ing simple, but you fail to see how complex this problem is and that more needs to be done than "deal with every person on these watch lists", or twittering about how wrong the mayor of London is. That doesn't help things at all. Moreover, you tend to forget the incredible burden there is on police squads across the globe these days. Yes, you can chase more people if you like, but that equals a big financial injection from the government.

And me a Trump-supporter? I will never support a con-man who thinks problems will be solved be initiating immigration bans, when it are actually American Muslims who have been cornered increasingly. Just look at the Florida terrorist attack from last year. The terrorist was.....an American! Trump only makes things worse. If you really want to fight terrorism, then it needs to be done in a smart way, like I said, and not in a incredibly dumb-ass way like Trump does.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,696

I think you make it all sounds so simple. I didn't mean to portray you as a person who dislikes Muslims. On the contrary. But there's no bigger picture to be found in this topic sadly. You make it all sound so ff-ing simple, but you fail to see how complex this problem is and that more needs to be done than "deal with every person on these watch lists", or twittering about how wrong the mayor of London is. That doesn't help things at all. Moreover, you tend to forget the incredible burden there is on police squads across the globe these days. Yes, you can chase more people if you like, but that equals a big financial injection from the government.

And me a Trump-supporter? I will never support a con-man who thinks problems will be solved be initiating immigration bans, when it are actually American Muslims who have been cornered increasingly. Just look at the Florida terrorist attack from last year. The terrorist was.....an American! Trump only makes things worse. If you really want to fight terrorism, then it needs to be done in a smart way, like I said, and not in a incredibly dumb-ass way like Trump does.

Oh, it would cost a big load of money to 'chase more people'? So, by your definition, how about you stop talking about 'BUT, the Dutch government isn't investing at all in a better educated youth. It actually keeps cutting down costs on education.'? Stop contradicting yourself and start talking seriously, please.
    I think I will leave this topic now. Seems far better to me....and to the 'peace' in this topic. I hope all of you stay nice to each other. Kind regards, Gustav.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote: »
    Nothing yet. Could be a nutter or a pissed idiot.

But it wasn't was it.

By nutter i meant Islamist but appreciate this was not immediatley obvious, although I confirmed it Was so a couple of posts later
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Gustav has explained the root cause of the whole problem! (quote):

I see the light! Of course most Islamist terrorists are drawn to the cause because they have been denied the chance to do well in society, to have a sense of purpose etc.

Hold on a mo. What about the millions of disaffected non Muslim youths from across Europe who (because of the EU and globalisation?) have been denied a sense of purpose and a chance to do well? How many choose to attach themselves some some warped ideology - a perversion of Christianity - and conduct terror attacks? I'll check on google and see if I can find any examples.
    Cause and effect - the apologists/handwringers can argue about root causes all they like, it's just laying a smokescreen for the fact that we have enemies within our respective societies whose sole aim is to do us harm. Tackle the effect first, and tackle it in the only language those who undertake it understand. Cause has already happened, we cannot turn back the clock for our meddling in other peoples affairs, effect is happening right now, so something can be done.

This is the point where I am accused of being anti Muslim...............
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Nothing yet. Could be a nutter or a pissed idiot.

But it wasn't was it.

By nutter i meant Islamist but appreciate this was not immediatley obvious, although I confirmed it Was so a couple of posts later

Really? Not like you to leap to the obvious assumption without proof old chap. I guess it's getting so repetitive these days that even you are losing heart in the multiculturalist mantra. For every Breivik there's a thousand jihadists so it's a foolish man who'd bet on anything else.
    stag wrote: »
    Gustav has explained the root cause of the whole problem! (quote):

I see the light! Of course most Islamist terrorists are drawn to the cause because they have been denied the chance to do well in society, to have a sense of purpose etc.

Hold on a mo. What about the millions of disaffected non Muslim youths from across Europe who (because of the EU and globalisation?) have been denied a sense of purpose and a chance to do well? How many choose to attach themselves some some warped ideology - a perversion of Christianity - and conduct terror attacks? I'll check on google and see if I can find any examples.

Quite. So the King of Saudi Arabia is to blame for not giving hand outs to teenagers on Bolton because sorry Gustav, although Saudi is an odious regime, all of the recent attacks are 'UK citizens' (in the loosest sense obviously) and have nothing to do with Saudi at all.

In the immortal words of Sgt Al Powell himself 'Why don't youwake up and smell what you're shovelling?'

And as for being disaffected, downtrodden persecuted, held backby the system blah blah as excuses - there are plenty of people like that who don't resort to murder.

Take the Black Lives Matter movement; making their point forcefully but without recourse to killing children.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    stag wrote: »
    Cause and effect - the apologists/handwringers can argue about root causes all they like, it's just laying a smokescreen for the fact that we have enemies within our respective societies whose sole aim is to do us harm. Tackle the effect first, and tackle it in the only language those who undertake it understand. Cause has already happened, we cannot turn back the clock for our meddling in other peoples affairs, effect is happening right now, so something can be done.

This is the point where I am accused of being anti Muslim...............

Dead right and my thoughts exactly. Enough of the waffle about causation. We need action and to be put on a war footing with immediate effect.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I believe it is automatic though. That's part of their software which tracks when demand increases and changes pricing accordingly.
    From the Guardian 20 mins ago: if true then you just shrug your shoulders and thing "whats the point"

Police were warned about the main suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago, a neighbour has revealed.

Erica Gasparri, an Italian mother of three who lives in the same complex said she confronted the man, known locally as “Abs”, after her son came home and said: “Mummy, I want to be a Muslim.”

Gasparri then went to the park, where she said a “Pakistani man” had stated: “I’m ready to do whatever I need todo in the name of Allah. I am ready in the name of Allah what needs to be done, including killing my own mother.”

She said: “I took four photographs of him and gave them to the police. They rang Scotland Yard when I was there and said the information had been passed on to Scotland Yard. They were very concerned. They told me to delete the photos for my own safety which I did but then I heard nothing. That was two years ago. No-one came to me. If they did this could have been prevented and lives could have been saved.

“He would go down to the park and talk to them about Islam and he also came to the houses and gave the kids money and sweets during Ramadam.”

patb wrote: »
    From the Guardian 20 mins ago: if true then you just shrug your shoulders and thing "whats the point"

Police were warned about the main suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago, a neighbour has revealed.

Erica Gasparri, an Italian mother of three who lives in the same complex said she confronted the man, known locally as “Abs”, after her son came home and said: “Mummy, I want to be a Muslim.”

Gasparri then went to the park, where she said a “Pakistani man” had stated: “I’m ready to do whatever I need todo in the name of Allah. I am ready in the name of Allah what needs to be done, including killing my own mother.”

She said: “I took four photographs of him and gave them to the police. They rang Scotland Yard when I was there and said the information had been passed on to Scotland Yard. They were very concerned. They told me to delete the photos for my own safety which I did but then I heard nothing. That was two years ago. No-one came to me. If they did this could have been prevented and lives could have been saved.

“He would go down to the park and talk to them about Islam and he also came to the houses and gave the kids money and sweets during Ramadam.”

Disappointing.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sounds about par for the course for the UK these days.
    Ah, so the blame lies with the police?

One step back a moment. Does anyone here seriously think that the person doing the reporting would afterwards be made privy to any subsequent SB/MI5 investigation? How could the reporter have prevented the attacks if the police had 'came to her'? Just because she heard nothing means nothing.

The sad fact of the matter is there are just too many terrorists/sympathisers/religious zelots roaming our streets to enable any form of effective surveillance/counter measures to take place. As I said before, there is a solution, but it's one which shakes the sensibilities of those who seek to uphold the rights of said terrorists.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Amazingly well done to the police in getting to the attack in just Eight minutes !
    Not trying to undermine the Police...but it undermines all the efforts we hear to get the public to report these things. If I understand your point, the Police dont need more intel as they are swamped with what they have already.

patb wrote: »
    Not trying to undermine the Police...but it undermines all the efforts we hear to get the public to report these things. If I understand your point, the Police dont need more intel as they are swamped with what they have already.

No, that wasn't my point. My point is that it has been reported that this lady 'heard nothing' from the police after making her report. This would be SOP in such an instance. Think about it, why would the police need to contact her? Had she not already told them all she knew? Any further response from the police to the lady would have been talked about and most likely that same gossip would have found it's way back to the subject himself. Acting on the information received, the police would make their own inquiries, passing any concerns they had to Special Branch, where it could then be shared with MI5 and the required reactive action taken.

This kind of story, or more correctly the misrepresentation of police reaction to such instances, by those who fail to grasp the basic principles of police SOPs, does nothing but perhaps serve to put off people from making reports. Yes the police will receive many reports, and many which will be spurious, but in this information age, when detailed intelligence profiles can be built up quickly from a variety of sources - including overseas - they can soon separate the wheat from the chaff.

People should never be fooled by irresponsible tabloid reporting such as this, and never be put off from reporting any concerns they have to the police.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 23,883
    This joker was talking about possibly killing his mother for Allah in front of children in a park? I wonder what she thinks of him now.
This discussion has been closed.