CLOSED

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
    nothing probably. The queen has made talking about nothing into an art form.

Does Trump like horses? If not he and the queen are unlikely to connect on any level.
    Hairdressers?
    patb wrote: »
    Hairdressers?

You mean they might share the same one?
    He must do his own hair
    So terribly sad and horrified to report there has just now been an active shooting in Maryland, U.S.A. - apparently people have died, killed in a newsroom, no further info yet. But more information will be forthcoming soon.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Once the details come out, I'm curious to see if it's just an employee going postal, or if this was escalated by Trump's war on the press. Dangerous times we're living in.
    Exactly. We all wonder, and of course we need facts. I think a lot of info will be available soon.
    And it seems that precautions for other newsrooms are taking place now.
    I have read in a couple of sources now that the shooter was apprehended alive and is a former employee. A few sources confirming four people are dead.
    I won't post a photo of the suspect; I don't feel right about giving him that kind of publicity.

I'm reading about 20 injured and an editor is in critical condition.
    So a disgruntled employee then. A terrible situation no matter who it is or how it happened - RIP to those killed.
    He looked like every unibomber/mass shooter stereotype.
    Long hair
    I think I saw a different photo that you did, Master_Dahark. Nevertheless, I won't post his photo; he is still alive and in custody, but I don't want to give him that kind of recognition.

So about 1:30 pm (I assume Eastern Standard Time) is official news conference by law enforcement

I cannot watch the news conference, so I would appreciate it if others would update info here after that. Thank you.
    Yes, I know it came after Milo's declaration to incite violence against the media. He was specific. Hannity is now blaming Maxine Waters for this violence. So I just want the police to give us info. This deranged murderer is at least alive and in custody so hopefully we will get to know his motives.

This is from a reporter on the scene; he is now being interviewed by police. Elsewhere I have read the shooter used a shotgun ...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    He looked like every unibomber/mass shooter stereotype.
    Long hair

So, every guy from the seventies-? ;)
    We will get a photo of him during the press conference ... maybe.
    I am not overly concerned about that; just want nobody else to die and for the police to get his motivation correct.

Well ... it seems 5 confirmed dead now (I do not know if fifth is the editor who was critical).
    It seems the shooter may have thought he would not live through his own murderous event. I read that a K9 officer apprehended him. from this info, it looks like he was trying to hide his identify as much as possible.

Guns guns guns....its so easy in the US to just ,basically,shoot the shit out of anyone.
    I won't argue against you, Barry; it is very easy to own a gun.
    Ongoing major issue in my country ... and meanwhile, when you think of all the guns currently owned (or just knowing that tomorrow someone can fairly easily attain one), chances are very high that random attacks, and coordinated attacks, using guns to murder and maim will continue.

Not to say we do not have laws, federal and state, but they can be got around. I am sure others on here are more knowledgeable about that than I am. It is a huge issue and we must deal with it better.
    I won't argue against you, Barry; it is very easy to own a gun.
    Ongoing major issue in my country ... and meanwhile, when you think of all the guns currently owned (or just knowing that tomorrow someone can fairly easily attain one), chances are very high that random attacks, and coordinated attacks, using guns to murder and maim will continue.

Not to say we do not have laws, federal and state, but they can be got around. I am sure others on here are more knowledgeable about that than I am. It is a huge issue and we must deal with it better.

Just out of interest ,at this once again sad time my friend,do you think it is a North/South situation there ?
    Not sure what you mean entirely - but my first thoughts are no, to every scenario I can think of from your sentence.

And I'm off for several hours. Back later and thanks for ongoing info that people post (on this and other current world events).
    Just got home. Shotgun, smoke bombs in the backpack, all that's true. I had not heard about him damaging his fingerprints though
    And a quick posting as I run out the door ...
    Shooter is identified and his home being searched now.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 1,296
    I remember reading once that there is an average of one mass shooting (3 victims or more) per day in America. Something like that, far more shootings than the media has time or interest to report. Something must be done.
    Caught this little nugget from a CNN article:

"Krampf said the suspect’s intent was to cause harm."

You think?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    I remmember reading once that there is an average of one mass shooting (3 victims or more) per day in America. Something like that, far more shootings than the media has time or interest to report. Something must be done.

As Always, more guns! that helps so much, as we've seen so many times before!
    Perhaps, as with teachers, all newspaper journos should carry a gun at work?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Once the details come out, I'm curious to see if it's just an employee going postal, or if this was escalated by Trump's war on the press. Dangerous times we're living in.

That was my first thought also.

This discussion has been closed.