24 (2001 - 14) / 24: Legacy (2017) / Designated Survivor (2016 - 19)

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    HELL YEAH! I loved those news. Thx @bondbat007.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    bondbat007 wrote:
    BREAKING:
    http://m.deadline.com/2013/05/24-eyes-return-as-limited-series-on-fox-kiefer-sutherland-in-talks/

24 to possibly return!

I for one, would be all for this as a movie is obviously not happening at this point and they CAN'T leave the end of season 8 as the series finale

This would be a great relief.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2013 Posts: 4,441
    homeland%208.jpg 6016499a16d626d8d875d6e02e7793f4

Comingsoon: The Homeland 24 crossover..

But it is less then 3 years a go it end, to soon for the 9th season i think. Besides that i try to vergot Kiefer a litle bit in the role. I hope some Dutch tv channel wil buy ''Touch'' a new tv series with Kiefer Sutherland who isn't show yet on Dutch tv yet. But Fox is slow, there let us wait 2,5 years before there final contune with Burn notice season 3 and we wait now on Season 4.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    To make this fresh they should do away with a few things but a Series 9 may be worth watching.
    A 9th season would be great news indeed! Seeing as a movie is not forthcoming at the minute? Yeah bring it on! <:-P
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I do admit, I would like to see a ninth season, now that Touch has been cancelled.
    It will be for 12 episodes, likely spanning two hours each.

The question is, series 8 was not a ratings winner, I guess the return will gather interest but how long will it last after that? Either way it seems, it's coming back.
    Season 8 did not get great ratings compared to previous season but it still did well. But if the quality of the first few seasons returned (I'm not expecting another season 5 here), then it should do very well.
    Hopefully we will hear something concrete very soon! [-O<
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    It's coming back? Brilliant!

This way we don't have season 8's ending as the end of the show and we don't sacrifice what made the show unique (the real time) by finishing things off with a movie.

Another season is a great idea. I can't wait. Oh, and my favourites are 1, 3 and 6.
    I loved the first season, season 2 as well, in spite of its flaws, which irritated me, but the overall quality of the show remained. Season 3 I thought was utterly weak and I had lost interest, but decided to give season 4 a chance. Oh how I was mistaken. I lost interest at season 4.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I think 24 deserves a ninth season instead of a movie, though I would have loved to see Jack Bauer on the big screen.
    Ludovico wrote:
    I loved the first season, season 2 as well, in spite of its flaws, which irritated me, but the overall quality of the show remained. Season 3 I thought was utterly weak and I had lost interest, but decided to give season 4 a chance. Oh how I was mistaken. I lost interest at season 4.

You should have stuck around for season 5
    Agreed. Season 5 was exceptional.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

You should have stuck around for season 5

That's what some say. Others say season 6, 7... I couldn't be bothered to be honest.
    Season 6 was so poor in the early going that the story arc was thrown out after only a few hours and early planning for season 7 scrapped. Season 5 was the last really great entry.
    Yep. 24: Live Another Day is 12 episodes and will start next May. It will skip hours in the 24 hour time period.

They're open to doing more as well, though a 24 per year has been ruled out.

I wonder who else is coming back for it.
    The title is Live Another Day? :-?

That sounds like some sort of Bond movie ;)
    I remember the promos for season 6 gave Jack Bauer the title of "America's answer to James Bond". As an American Bond fan, I disagree with that (as I think Bond is just as much America's/the worlds) but wow that title is very Bond like. I'm just very happy we're going to get closure. I would hope the people coming back are Chloe and Aaron Pierce and President Taylor
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    All right with this sounding like it's going to happen I need to get back to watching the last two seasons, as I haven't watched them yet. I only watched the first few episodes of season 7 then stopped, that's the one when Tony comes back a villain right?
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Not sure if I like the new 12 episode deal but we'll see how it plays out I suppose.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    (as I think Bond is just as much America's/the worlds)

Think that all you want but at the end of the day it's the Union Jack on his parachute, it's Britain that gave him to the world and it's the UK where he's most popular.
    bondbat007 wrote:

Happy days indeed! :-bd
    Not sure if I like the new 12 episode deal but we'll see how it plays out I suppose.

Why not? 24 episodes never worked well.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Why not? 24 episodes never worked well.

Hmm...I wouldn't say it NEVER worked well but sometimes it worked better than others. Isn't 24 episodes the standard number for an American TV series?
    22 is the standard number. But 24 is different as it's basically shooting 12 movies
    Why can't they have 12 2-hour episodes? That would be awesome.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 11,189
    I suppose HBO often have 12 or 13 episodes per season but didn't Friends always have closer to 24?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Jack Bauer will return in 2014.

"The only reason your still conscious, is because I don't feel like carrying you....now move!!!!"
    Jack Bauer

I cannot wait!!!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Think that all you want but at the end of the day it's the Union Jack on his parachute, it's Britain that gave him to the world and it's the UK where he's most popular.

That's like saying Star Wars, or MARVEL, or Jack Bauer is mostly America's because the men who made those are American. All of them are the worlds if the world will have them. If you are a fan then they are yours, if you're not then move along.