The 007 Weather Channel...where you are,or re the Bond novels/films ..comments ?

1235»

Comments

Hahaha nice one Torg !!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Anybody in Europe caught fire in the heat yet ?!?!

Screen-Shot-2018-04-09-at-6.52.18-am.png
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,235
    Heat? What are you on about, @barryt007?

giphy.gif

Although not that cold, it's only 9° here right now. Not getting much warmer either, according to weather reports.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Poor @Torgeirtrap. North German summer this year has been probably warmer and drier than normal, but not as dry as 2018. Still, June was even warmer than last year (by average), and while today was only a max of 20 C, we will be back to about 35 by Sunday, and then it will go down again to the low 20s for a while.

In my view, a rather normal summer over here so far, but there's more to come.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,235
    The low 20's is my preferred summer weather, @j_w_pepper. Make sure to enjoy it!

I have a feeling that this might be one of those summers where we never get the proper summer weather (where I live). Hope I'm wrong about this though.
    We're getting some high temps here : between 35 and 40° Celsius. Some hear fear a remake of the 2003 heatwave. Let's hope it won't come to that.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Fake news, if you believe the media.
    echo wrote: »

Ask the people of France if it's 'fake news' ( @Gerard @DaltonCraig007 )
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Our own @barryt007 is coming over to New Orleans in the next couple of days and terrorizing it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1712506001
    My God I’m a nightmare,my latest curry could destroy New Orleans?!?!?!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    I'm afraid it's true.
    Well don't blame me if its a serious damage situation !!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    barryt007 wrote: »

@barryt007 I wish it was 'fake news'. ;-) The highest temperature ever recorded in France was 46°C (114.8°F for our Americans members), which occurred on June 28, 2019.

The current weather forecast in my city for this Thursday (July 25th) is expecting a peak temperature of... 47°C (116.6°F), which would already beat the all time record.

@barryt007 I wish it was 'fake news'. ;-) The highest temperature ever recorded in France was 46°C (114.8°F for our Americans members), which occurred on June 28, 2019.

The current weather forecast in my city for this Thursday (July 25th) is expecting a peak temperature of... 47°C (116.6°F), which would already beat the all time record.

Wow DC007 that's bloody hot,you poor people.
    Its supposed to feel like 44c here today,which in stuffy London is going to be horrible,let alone the underground.

giphy.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    giphy.gif

How hot is it up there today? Down here it s 35 C now, warmest day so far this summer.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,235
    giphy.gif

How hot is it up there today? Down here it s 35 C now, warmest day so far this summer.

I haven't kept a close eye on the thermostat, but it's been up to about 32 °C at least, but probably more throughout the day. It will be just as warm tomorrow by the looks of it.
    giphy.gif

I haven't kept a close eye on the thermostat, but it's been up to about 32 °C at least, but probably more throughout the day. It will be just as warm tomorrow by the looks of it.

I hope you survive.
    I'm glad I live in San Francisco--today's expected high is 64 F.
    giphy.gif

I hope you survive.

Likewise!
    Revelator wrote: »
    I'm glad I live in San Francisco--today's expected high is 64 F.

Is that cold for the San Francisco area this time of the year?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The highest temperature yesterday in the city of TND was about 36° C. We had 38 in 2015, but it's still considerable. But in some places in the Northwest of Germany the thermometer went up do supposedly 42.6°C... which would be the highest temperature ever recorded in Germany by far, pending official recognition. The highest before was 40.3°C recorded in 2015 (and in fact twice at the same place, four weeks apart).
    Just took a stroll outside and saw several women and even a couple of small girls covered up in big shawls and hijabs. No men or boys suffering like that. Wonder what the poor creatures did to deserve this kind of abuse.

It's not abnormal. Summer tends to be foggy and overcast--fall is the best season over here.

It took me 4.5 hours to get home yesterday,rails buckled,overhead wires caught fire 🔥 and 2 power failures, I got the 2nd last train out of London x everyone else was stuck all night x needless to say I didn’t go to work today or come on here.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 17,235

It's not abnormal. Summer tends to be foggy and overcast--fall is the best season over here.

Interesting, I'll remember that if I get around to visiting San Francisco at some point! ;-)

Interesting, I'll remember that if I get around to visiting San Francisco at some point! ;-)

It took me 4.5 hours to get home yesterday,rails buckled,overhead wires caught fire 🔥 and 2 power failures, I got the 2nd last train out of London x everyone else was stuck all night x needless to say I didn’t go to work today or come on here.

Boy mate I feel for you there! I am fortunate enough to have roughly a 20 minute walk to work and vice versa back home. So commuting for me if you like is pretty straight forward.
    Never do it my friend....it destroys you