The 007 Weather Channel...where you are,or re the Bond novels/films ..comments ?

Comments

I know,and its going to get worse..it could hit 33-38c on Thursday...no rain forever now It seems.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I know,and its going to get worse..it could hit 33-38c on Thursday...no rain forever now It seems.

Tell me about it pal, Being a postman out there is pretty taxing!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I bet x so is being on the bloody tube !!

Lol! Yeah I bet that is not pleasant at all?
    Weather has cooled down a little bit where I live the past couple of days (even had some rain!), but it looks like it's getting warmer again towards the weekend.

Lol! Yeah I bet that is not pleasant at all?

Its a bloody nightmare...hence the reason I am battling to get away from it all !
    Scorching hot in France these days. Above 30° C. Let's hope it won't be like in 2003.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yes, it's still hot in Northern Germany as well...hottest summer since 2003 and already the driest and sunniest ever on record, at least in recent decades. We're pouring enormous amounts of water on our flowers and vegetables...fortunately, there is no water shortage in sight, although rain has been limited to some severe thunderstorms...none of which actually came down in our location, which is really nothing to complain about either. The forecast remains the same, over 30° C for most of the coming two weeks. Wonder when it will end.
    Apparantly the UK is the hottest country in the whole of Europe for the first time and is hotter than Miami atm.

It could hit 38c today and big thunderstorms forecast later and over the weekend.

Enough is enough now...come on rain we miss you !!!!
    26° C here this morning. Still early, so it will definitely get warmer throughout the day.
    The weather has finally gone mad...nearly as mad as the human race.
    The weather has finally gone mad...nearly as mad as the human race.

Haha, yes!
    Meanwhile in San Francisco it's currently 59° F and cloudy.
    30° C here now. Don't know if it will become even warmer (probably unlikely), but it's warm enough, that's for sure!
    COOL !!! IM COOL !!

It was 34c yesterday until the evening when rain came for about 20 mins and it broke the back of the heatwave..plummeted down to 18c .

And ,even though its still sunny,its windy and its COOL again..its finally over i think.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,279
    Still warm here, and 30.5° C right now. Too hot to stay outdoors, so sitting inside watching Arsenal play PSG!
    Still warm here, and 30.5° C right now. Too hot to stay outdoors, so sitting inside watching Arsenal play PSG!

Lucky you,i cant watch that !
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,279

Lucky you,i cant watch that !

It's not on TV in the UK? Found a stream here:
    Here in France, right now, it's crazy : Britanny was under wind and rain (I know, I was there this week-end, Paris (and other places in France) got temperatures over 25° C (the hottest temperatures in october since... ever), and parts of the south of France (the Var and the Aude) have known catastrophic floods. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?
    We are not far behind you here in the UK @Gerard !

Storm winds and rain last weekend and temperatures up to 22C .
    The world is going mad,i think Mother Nature is getting fed up with the human race,finally.
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 17,279
    Degrees have been somewhat normal where I live, lately, but there have been higher temperatures elsewhere in the country. There was a flood a bit further south here in Norway only a couple of days ago. The reason was a sudden change in weather, leading to melting of snow in the mountains, and rain.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Sunny and 50°F (10°C) in Maple Grove. We had our first snow of the season on Sunday.
    First snow of the season here today. Didn't hold (except a bit on the grass and more on the cars). First time I've seen it that soon.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,279
    We've had a bit of snow where I live too, a few weeks ago. It's since been warmer weather, and no more snowfall. Won't be surprised to see more snow again soon.

When does the snow usually turn up where you live, @Gerard?
    December at the earliest. Sometime we don't even get it until january, february at the earliest. And there were a few times in which it snowed in april. Once on april the first. No kidding here.
    Gerard wrote: »
    December at the earliest. Sometime we don't even get it until january, february at the earliest. And there were a few times in which it snowed in april. Once on april the first. No kidding here.

That late? That sounds terrific! Really hate snow myself. About four years ago we didn't have snow or cold weather until Christmas, and I could wear my regular shoes until then. Best winter ever!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I kind of hate winter too. For northern Germany, we have a relatively steep and long driveway, and I rate my winters based on how often I have to clear it by shoveling snow to leave home. Last winter it happened twice, I think, so that was relatively good...and for almost three years, we've had a four-wheel drive Jeep that allows us to ignore the snow cover most of the time. But there were other years while we have been living here, though the tough ones have been a while. Still, probably no comparison to Norway...

Anyway, not being a skier but fond of warmer temperatures, I can do without snow and ice. A "winter vacation" for me is a vacation FROM winter, not IN winter. Canary Islands and farther south is more to my liking.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    I kind of hate winter too. For northern Germany, we have a relatively steep and long driveway, and I rate my winters based on how often I have to clear it by shoveling snow to leave home. Last winter it happened twice, I think, so that was relatively good...and for almost three years, we've had a four-wheel drive Jeep that allows us to ignore the snow cover most of the time. But there were other years while we have been living here, though the tough ones have been a while. Still, probably no comparison to Norway...

Anyway, not being a skier but fond of warmer temperatures, I can do without snow and ice. A "winter vacation" for me is a vacation FROM winter, not IN winter. Canary Islands and farther south is more to my liking.

Oh, how I hate snow shoveling! Like with you, @j_w_pepper, there wasn't much need to do a lot of shoveling last winter (luckily!) – but I remember a few times having to shovel heavy snow due to shifting weather. Snow is at it's worst when it's icy and/or wet.

A winter vacation to the Canary Islands sounds lovely. Might have to do that sometime.
    First showing of ground frost today here,very late in the year.
    I think Winter is finally coming,and its going to come with a vengeance.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 17,279
    First showing of ground frost today here,very late in the year.
    I think Winter is finally coming,and its going to come with a vengeance.

*insert Die Hard joke here* :D

giphy.gif