SPECTRE: So who's going to play Ernst?

Comments

Well, not so much a big name actor but an actor who would have the same stature as Waltz and Bardem. Not a celebrity per se, but a veteran actor revered by the critics and his peers and the public. Someone who could be seen as giving orders to Waltz's character. And keep it a complete secret. Not impossible, but somewhat unlikely.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Well, not so much a big name actor but an actor who would have the same stature as Waltz and Bardem. Not a celebrity per se, but a veteran actor revered by the critics and his peers and the public. Someone who could be seen as giving orders to Waltz's character. And keep it a complete secret. Not impossible, but somewhat unlikely.

Uhm...isn't that a variation of what I have been saying all along? That Waltz could be the main villain, just not necessarily Blofeld?

Uhm...isn't that a variation of what I have been saying all along? That Waltz could be the main villain, just not necessarily Blofeld?

Yes, I know this is your thesis. I just find it unlikely, given the evidence we have been receiving so far.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I like this idea of Blofeld being like Keyser Soze, it's possible this could be the direction.
    Does anyone wonder that some of these leaks could all be misdirection?

Look they obviously been wounded by some early drafts getting out, if I was EON I'd use this to my advantage and start some controlled leaks of total BS, no one would know what was true and what was not as some here seem to think they have the upper hand of others having read the script, I've seen an outline and looked the spoilers but I'm hoping even those who've read are going to get some pleasant shocks when they see the film in November.

It's unlikely because for some reason if recent history tells us anything, when they deny it, its' all most definitely true, you only need to look at TDKR, Star Trek Into Darkness and of course our own Skyfall.

Just a part of me hopes they might throw a curve ball and surprise us all with something we weren't expecting but I'm not too optimistic, I'm just looking forward to the finished product but in hindsight probably should have not have been so like the child that goes hunting for their Christmas presents and spoils the surprise before the day itself but hey ho!
    Something I noticed since the beginning of the Craig era: the villain has always been played so far by a non Anglo Saxon veteran actor. Hence I think this will be the case for Blofeld, strengthening the Waltz hypothesis.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 14,834
    I think we might add to the list of potential Blofelds the bald German actor that has showed up on shooting. Not that I think or wish he will be Blofeld, but we have to consider him. His name is Detlef Bothe. IMO he is merely a red herring.
    I think he's a bit part, according to the report
    JCRendle wrote: »

Bit part or big part?
    Look in the Production Timeline thread - I've given a bit more detail in relation to your question there
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 625

Bit part or big part?

Bit part.
    He said on his own facebook page, that he finished shooting for Skyfall last week, and that he's only shooting with Ben Whishaw. So that won't be a big part. :-)
    My guess is that the baldness if to give a red herring.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,552
    I doubt it, I wouldn't have thought his baldness came into mind when they cast.
    He may even be wearing this hat, so whether he has hair or not wouldn't be addressed... 10926411_10153069783172125_6101046287896391573_n.jpg
    I was thinking this about his baldness because according to his pictures he is not always bald and well, that would be a neat red herring.
  • RC7RC7
    I was thinking this about his baldness because according to his pictures he is not always bald and well, that would be a neat red herring.

I have to say, I thought the same thing as you. Seems like an intentional red herring for the benefit of the average movie-goer.
    He may even be wearing this hat, so whether he has hair or not wouldn't be addressed... 10926411_10153069783172125_6101046287896391573_n.jpg

He reminds me of Ade Edmondson out the Young Ones and Bottom! People here in the UK will know who I refer too. :))
    I don't see it ;)

news-ade-edmondson.png
    I don't see it ;)

news-ade-edmondson.png

Obviously he has aged and changed nationality! :))
    Same glasses though lol
    We will have to wait and see if their are any humourous sound effects during the fist fights! lol
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    A great frying pan to the Gasman's head scene ! :))
    DrGorner wrote: »
    A great frying pan to the Gasman's head scene ! :))

I think I would wet myself if there was! =))
    On the subject of Ade, RIP Rik Mayall :(
    On the subject of Ade, RIP Rik Mayall :(

Always regretted never going to see the Bottom live shows!
    So do I, had all the videos of the series and the live shows . :)
    DrGorner wrote: »
    So do I, had all the videos of the series and the live shows . :)

One of the funniest episodes of Bottom for me was when we all thought Rik was finally gonna get laid? Only to be pipped by a heart attack and Eddie!!!

:))
    I have often used the quote.
    " I'll be back in a mo , a Sex Mo ! " ;)
  • I know from the start introduce Blofeld start big and make him bad ass and this sets Bond after him and Waltz turns out to be a Largo type Character. Why I think this, Silva introduced to late. Ultron in AA2 will be introduced later on. So like Darth Vader or The Joker introduce early. I get the feeling Bond in SP will be sent on a quest and to protect something close to him and this makes sense for Blofeld at the start.
    I think we might add to the list of potential Blofelds the bald German actor that has showed up on shooting. Not that I think or wish he will be Blofeld, but we have to consider him. His name is Detlef Bothe. IMO he is merely a red herring.

Detlef Bothe? This name contains Blofeld! :-)

Another bald actor joins the cast, apparently: Wilhelm Iben. My bet: another red herring, but I thought it should be added to the list.