When to watch the BOND 23 press conference

edited November 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 1,894
Because people keep asking when the BOND 23 press conference is on in their local time zone (and because I'm sick of posting the same thing over and over again because those people are too lazy to read the thread where I posted the times fifiteen minutes beforehand), I'm creating this thread so that everyone can see when the conference is. Follow this link to find all of the local times for 11:45am GMT.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=BOND+23+press+conference&iso=20111103T1145&p1=136

Comments

• Thanks.
    And I'm very sorry to hear that you're sick of having to post the same thing over and over again.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Constructive and not in equal measure. Appreciate the info but cant understand the exasperated frustration that underpins the post. :-/
  • The timeanddate idea that this thread is based on is very clever.

But @Monsieur_Aubergine mentioned frustration, so let me also take this opportunity to suggest something to anyone here who might feel frustrated (and this is not directed at anyone in particular) :
    Frustration can cause you to have little patience, and this may show up in social occasions, say, on a discussion forum on the internet. You may become exasperated at anyone who doesn't think along the same lines as you, regardless of whether they've said anything wrong or not.
    A simple way to overcome this is to step away from the internet for a short while. Then, meet someone who you're VERY fond of (and who might just be fond of you too). Maybe meet them at a cafe, or a park on a nice day, or go to the cinema together to watch an intellectually stimulating film.
    Get into a discussion with this person that you're VERY fond of. Share a few laughs. Compliment the way their hair looks, the colour of their eyes and how nice they smell today (be genuine with these compliments, of course). Then, you might find that the two of you will be holding hands. You might find this makes you feel good internally and the feelings of frustration brought on by those degenerates on that internet discussion forum will slip away before you know it.
    If things go well, you and your friend (that you're VERY fond of) might begin hugging and kissing and seeing each other more regularly. And who knows what might happen after that? You might, just might, find yourself in bed with this friend (that you're VERY fond of) and, believe me, that can be a lot of fun.
    Later on, you'll probably be walking around with a huge smile on your face. Should you return to the internet discussion forum that was causing you such grief beforehand, you just might find yourself thinking "You know, normally I'd be lambasting these incompetent juveniles for discussing things without proper evidence. But instead, I'm gonna sit back and recall that fantastic time in bed with that friend that I'm VERY fond of. Gosh, life is grand!"

Hope this helps
    :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,934
    Just reading that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - and lonely.

I, for one am not bothered whether I see the conference live or not. I'll see it when fate wants me to see it.
    Hope this helps
    It doesn't - it feels like you're lecturing me. And I do not like it when people lecture me.
  • This might be slightly off subject but I saw this article and thought it might be an interesting read considering it's about GMT time:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-03/time-for-change-gmt-could-be-history/3617226
    Or one could just look at the BIG YELLOW BANNER on top of the forums that tells us the time :P
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 4,619
    [wrong thread - post deleted]
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The synopsis better mean Bond is going to get professional. The service and all the 00's care for M and Bond being the best, he shock have no trouble sorting the threat out without feelings getting in the way - all with Harris in tow, our 'English agent', Eve.
    Well, that was a massive FAIL by everyone who attened the press conference - not one single working live stream, which would have been the most effective way of getting coverage out.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Well, that was a massive FAIL by everyone who attened the press conference - not one single working live stream, which would have been the most effective way of getting coverage out.
    Sky News covered everything up to the questions from the press. It was something. Then the bloke said "if you have an i-pad you can watch the whole thing"...

Indeed, what a disgrace. I'd rather be in 2008, at least we had a stream then!
    I had a live stream of Sky News and all I got was Gemma Morris repeating the day's headlines.
    I had a live stream of Sky News and all I got was Gemma Morris repeating the day's headlines.
    That wasn't live then. Maybe it was some mucked up internation version?

In all, they spent about 10 minutes with the conference. Even the BBC had something for a few minutes - not a lot though, they went back to Greece very sharply.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    This is why we Live Blog :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Hope this helps
    It doesn't - it feels like you're lecturing me. And I do not like it when people lecture me.
    You sound like a Bond villain there shadow

;-)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited November 2011 Posts: 642
    Did anyone with sky not press the red button??! The whole press conference was on there..badly advertised but is was available in it's entirety. Live.
    I can't believe you can have Sky News but not be able to access the red button due to being with BT Vision and not Sky! Why? X(
    ^ I feel for you mate. Sack BT off and fill Rupert Elliott Carver Murdochs coffers...you can't argue with the perks. :-)
  • This is why we Live Blog :)
    Indeed...and much appreciated at work today by me!
  • Thanks for all the work done by MI6 today. The blog caught me up very nicely when I got out of class today. Much appreciated!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks for the good work, @JamesPage! On behalf of the mod team and the entire forum, thanks. =D>