Although it's not clear when it's coming to the US. Amazon says November :(
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    BMWTREKPSE wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    When is this coming out again

May 31

Although it's not clear when it's coming to the US. Amazon says November :(

You can order it from Amazon.co.uk and have it shipped to the US you know.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That's always my plan, to possess both editions.

But the apparent 6 month gap in unexplained.

It happens with lots of books my favorite writer John Connolly has his UK releases always months earlier than the US releases.

Not sure why that is, but it is more common than you would expect.
    SaintMark wrote: »

It happens with lots of books my favorite writer John Connolly has his UK releases always months earlier than the US releases.

Not sure why that is, but it is more common than you would expect.

It happens frequently when the author (or in this case IFP) has different publishers who have different business plans and priorities for the year.

• BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado

Can you still 2 day Prime it from the UK to the US?? I'm kind of holding off from ordering it from the UK to see if the US updates the date. I want to get it as soon as possible. Are there extra charges when order from the UK to the US?
    Update from the US Amazon. I'm also watching eBay for US and UK versions.
    no-img-sm._CB1275522461_AC_US218_.gif
    Forever and a Day: A James Bond Novel - Nov 6, 2018
    by Anthony Horowitz
    Hardcover
    $26.99 $ 26 99 Prime
    Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on November 6, 2018.
    Kindle Edition
    $12.99 $ 12 99

61lmMz3-nQL._AC_US218_.jpg
    Forever and a Day - Jun 7, 2018 | Audiobook
    by Anthony Horowitz
    Audio CD
    $14.59 $ 14 59 Prime
    Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on June 7, 2018.
    Hardcover
    $16.56 $ 16 56 Prime
    This item will be released on May 31, 2018.
    Update from the US Amazon. I'm also watching eBay for US and UK versions.
    no-img-sm._CB1275522461_AC_US218_.gif
    Forever and a Day: A James Bond Novel - Nov 6, 2018
    by Anthony Horowitz
    Hardcover
    $26.99 $ 26 99 Prime
    Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on November 6, 2018.
    Kindle Edition
    $12.99 $ 12 99

61lmMz3-nQL._AC_US218_.jpg
    Forever and a Day - Jun 7, 2018 | Audiobook
    by Anthony Horowitz
    Audio CD
    $14.59 $ 14 59 Prime
    Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on June 7, 2018.
    Hardcover
    $16.56 $ 16 56 Prime
    This item will be released on May 31, 2018.

That is so confusing. The top portion says November 6 but the bottom says June 7. WE NEED ANSWERS!!!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3,675

Can you still 2 day Prime it from the UK to the US?? I'm kind of holding off from ordering it from the UK to see if the US updates the date. I want to get it as soon as possible. Are there extra charges when order from the UK to the US?

Unfortunately not, which does mean you will have to pay a bit to ship (however, in my experience, it's usually super reasonable prices, and some even offer it free.)

Plus you get it like 3 months ahead of time.

Plus you get it like 3 months ahead of time.

True, but I guess that depends on if the Nov. 6 date is correct or the June 7 is. I think if I prime it on June 7 it will get here sooner than shipping from the UK on May 31.
    The US Amazon page has now been updated for a release on May 31. I think I'm going to go ahead and pre-order it now!

LINK HERE
  • mybudgetbondmybudgetbond The World
    Matthew Goode will be the audiobook narrator. Good choice!

http://www.ianfleming.com/forever-day-audio-narrator-announcement/
    Matthew Goode will be the audiobook narrator. Good choice!

http://www.ianfleming.com/forever-day-audio-narrator-announcement/

Interesting!
    I'd actually like to hear that!
    Finally preordered my copy. Missed the boat on Goldsboro’s and ordered from Waterstones again. Hope it’s worth the $42 after international shipping to the States!
    In today’s Saturday Telegraph there is a two page interview with Horowitz conducted by Jake Ketteridge in which they do nothing but discuss how difficult it is to write in Fleming’s voice in these politically correct times.
    What a complete bore ! PussyNoMore was not amused!
    In today’s Saturday Telegraph there is a two page interview with Horowitz conducted by Jake Ketteridge in which they do nothing but discuss how difficult it is to write in Fleming’s voice in these politically correct times.
    What a complete bore ! PussyNoMore was not amused!

Is the interview published online?
    I gotta agree.

Bond being Bond (or Fleming being Fleming) aren't things to agonize over. They're to relish. Enjoy the contrast to modern times, doesn't have to be offensive. While recognizing there will always be some parties offended.

But Horowitz likely (or hopefully) argues with his publisher on these things.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 849
    I don't read the interview, but I think it's a lame things to self-censored (and censored Bond) in view of pollitically correct. Beside the novel is set ine the 50's, they are no reasons at all to take in consideration of what is politicaly correct in our times. Fleming's Bond is racist, homophobic, and sexist, like lot of people in the 50's, we shouldn't pass this under silent that (especially in a 50's set up).

Yes, I totally agree that the author himself shouldn't be racist/sexist/homophobic in his prose (for exemple no "Domino drove like a man"), but his carracter should be ("Bond thinks that Domino drove like a man" -> that's okay). This kind of "offensive" lignes should be in the next novel cause first it is a part of the "true" Bond carracter and second it's strengthen the impression that the novel is set up in the 50's...

In the meantime, with the (unjustified) tsunami Horowitz had when he say that Elba was "too street" for Bond, I can understand his reluctance to do the right thing...
    Couldn’t agree more with RichardTheBruce and moneyofpropre2, it’s just painful and completely unjustified to keep banging on about this stuff.
    PussyNoMore has just finished ‘Red Sparrow’ (excellent book by the way) and the whole thing is shot through with sex, violence and ugly male Russians - if Fleming had written it, he would have been lambasted - as it stands nobody says a word.
    The Pussy just hopes that Horowitz hasn’t dumbed the thing down to placate these n’er-do-wells.
    “007 Forever, Politically Correct Never” should be our mantra going forward !
    More important than all of this however was the fact that beyond mentioning that it was a pre-quel and that it features a strong female character, they didn't discuss the book at all !
    Maybe Ketteridge hadn’t even read it ? What a missed opportunity.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    “007 Forever, Politically Correct Never” should be our mantra going forward !
    One of the most outstanding things I've read in the last few months.
    There is an in-depth review of FAAD in today's Sunday Times by David Mills.
    He clearly has read the book !
    He accuses it of being formulaic and clunky in parts but says if you can get beyond that it is a fun read with a well worked out plot that twists well and manages a big surprise at the end.
    Looks like it will work for The Pussy.
    "007 Forever, Politically Correct Never"
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I expect all my Bonds to be somewhat formulaic, i got no issues with that.
    Bond invented his own formula after all.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It is a Good Formula
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    It is a Good Formula

Exactly. We all wouldn't be here if it wasn't.
    00Agent wrote: »
    It is a Good Formula

Exactly. We all wouldn't be here if it wasn't.

Too true !
    We’ve had some terrible cooks interfering with the great man’s formula and The Pussy is pleased that Horowitz now has the chef’s hat on.
    TM was good and he can’t wait to get his paws on this one.
    Roll on The Royal Festival Hall. PussyNoMore can’t wait for that Amherst Villiers supercharger to be fired up and for some more gratuitous sex and violence!
    “007 Forever. Politically Correct Never”

• edited May 2018 Posts: 2,895
    00Agent wrote: »
    I expect all my Bonds to be somewhat formulaic, i got no issues with that. Bond invented his own formula after all.

Maybe, but Fleming was frequently happy to mess with his own formula--look at QoS, TSWLM, the endings of CR and MR and OHMSS and YOLT, or the beginning of TMWTGG. Conversely, the most formulaic Bond novel--Goldfinger--is now regarded as one of the weakest by many fans. Fleming worked with a limited set of character types, but he was never the type of author who writes the same book every time. The Bond films are far more formulaic than the books.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

It's here, but you need to register to read the full thing:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/anthony-horowitz-re-writing-james-bond-metoo-era-never-say-bond/

Under the stupid clickbaity 'are millennials killing James Bond?' tagline there's a decent, well-thought-out article by a real fan who knows his 007, and Horowitz's thoughts on writing Bond always reassure me that he's a safe pair of hands.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 17,279
    Agent_99 wrote: »

It's here, but you need to register to read the full thing:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/anthony-horowitz-re-writing-james-bond-metoo-era-never-say-bond/

Under the stupid clickbaity 'are millennials killing James Bond?' tagline there's a decent, well-thought-out article by a real fan who knows his 007, and Horowitz's thoughts on writing Bond always reassure me that he's a safe pair of hands.

Of course it had to be behind a paywall! All the good articles seems to be these days. Thanks for the link; maybe there will be a transcript available on fan sites eventually.