Send in the "Killer Clowns"!

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    The American law enforcement are advising people against "killer clown" costumes this Halloween as people may confuse the reason your wearing it.

And you may send up shot. Dead. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I may be in the minority, but this is the first time since Dumbo that clowns have been funny.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So it's a dangerous time in America to be a Clown ..... Or Black !
    Big chance of getting shot..
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,009
    I may be in the minority, but this is the first time since Dumbo that clowns have been funny.

3fa959327b10642c06a2ef8a67af505a.jpg

This guy has haunted me since I was a runt.

About Roger playing a clown... I've always felt bad for Bond in those scenes: threatened by the ones he wanted to save. Luckily, Octopussy knew how crooked Kamal Khan could be. I love the look he gives to that soldier patting him when he defuses the bomb:

Soldier: "Hey, man, great! You saved us!"*shoulder pat**shoulder pat*
    Bond [to himself]: "No thanks to you, imbecile..."

It's easy to sympathize with Bond and hate on that clumsy General - man, a professional jewel smuggler has stolen your wallet for the lulz 8-} - here, but the greatest thing about this scene is that the two parts are quite right: Bond wanted to save Europe, and the soldiers were only doing their job.
    I was planning on going to a movie on Halloween and in costume but I'm not wearing a clown outfit. I don't want to get shot up.

What do you recommend? Zombie? Vampire?
  • If you go as a clown and wear kevlar underneath you might make it to November, but if you go as a zombie they will definitely aim for your head. Just saying.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Be a certain British spy. It couldn't be easier. ;)
    If you go as a clown and wear kevlar underneath you might make it to November, but if you go as a zombie they will definitely aim for your head. Just saying.

The double tap is very effective in the culling of zombies.
    It all seems to have faded away again like shimmer on the ocean.
    Yes, killer clowns is so 2016. So what now?
    Yes, killer clowns is so 2016. So what now?

Whatever, you know. Whatever. :))
    I am starting a killer bunny fad.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    2016 took our killer clowns from us. RIP.

2016 took our killer clowns from us. RIP.

One celebrity death that we all wanted!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,144
    I am starting a killer bunny fad.
    Time to deploy the Holy hand Grenade of Antioch ".
    comics-WUMO-patient-clown-692762.jpeg
    Clowns are scary. Never understood the appeal.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Clowns are scary. Never understood the appeal.

Yes, they can be very creepy indeed. I know of a lot of people who don't like them at the best of times!
    They are deformed, they don't act rationally, they dress weird, they play prank on each other and they smile and laugh all the time and not in a natural manner.They're just not funny at all.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 17,729
    I'm guessing that IT being released in the cinemas will see the Killer Clown craze return in time for Halloween! Aren't we lucky people?!
    I think that's guaranteed but I hope many are like me, if someone dressed as a clown
    tries to scare me, ..... he'll be the one leaving scared ! ;-)
    "There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." -- Lon Chaney.

That said, the rise of clowns as horror objects seems to arise from the fact that circuses are no longer as popular as they used to be. Going to the circus used to be something everyone did. Inside the big tent, clowns were a natural part of a garish, brightly colored world, the comic relief endlessly bumbling around the strong men and acrobats and animals. Viewed from a distance inside the circus or theater, clowns did not look scary to the mass audience. On film and TV they do, thanks to the power of the close-up and the more realistic demands of those media. With the decline of the circus, the clown has been deprived of his natural habit and has become unusual, unaccountable, and scary.
    Revelator wrote: »

That said, the rise of clowns as horror objects seems to arise from the fact that circuses are no longer as popular as they used to be. Going to the circus used to be something everyone did. Inside the big tent, clowns were a natural part of a garish, brightly colored world, the comic relief endlessly bumbling around the strong men and acrobats and animals. Viewed from a distance inside the circus or theater, clowns did not look scary to the mass audience. On film and TV they do, thanks to the power of the close-up and the more realistic demands of those media. With the decline of the circus, the clown has been deprived of his natural habit and has become unusual, unaccountable, and scary.

That's a great analysis.
    To be honest, I thought most clowns had just moved in to politics. ;-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    latest?cb=20150520002023

A Clown that kills by clogging the arteries
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Ronald McDonald. Still not as scary as The Burger King.

When OCTOPUSSY is eventually remade they'll have to make OO7 infiltrate a a Star Wars convention to defuse the bomb.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Revelator wrote: »

That's a great analysis.

It certainly is.
    Did you know, cannibals never eat clowns because they taste funny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Never got the fear stimulus that clowns serve for people. I guess being a kid that grew up watching TV and movies and reading comics that had one of his favorite characters in it that just so happened to be a clown neutralized me to the fear so many people feel for clowns. There was a better chance of me having a fit over a Santa Claus as a kid, as I felt they were trying to take me away from my parents and they wanted me to sit on their creepy lap to tell them what I wanted from them (really messed up, no?). When I see clowns I just think, "Yep, you're annoying," and move along with as little a headache as I can muster. I guess that the amount that I'm tempted to punch a clown is the same general amount that some others want to scream when they see a clown, fluctuating for me for however long I'm around said clown.

But I'm not really quick to scare about things in general, and certainly not over those irrational sorts of things. I'm one of those guys who goes into a haunted maze and tries to prank or screw around with the people dressed up to scare everyone else, tugging on their costumes and prodding or poking at them where they're trying to hide at in the shadows. If I sense that one is going to try and grab me, I grab at them first or get down low so that they look foolish; it all becomes an amusing game and it's entertaining to be a nuisance. And that's essentially my whole mood when it comes to things people find scary: I laugh or make light of it as so much of it is a joke. I can't believe people get so scared over haunted mazes and things of that ilk that they know aren't real or full of dangerous people. My mind has the logical response of realizing, "None of this is real and has zero capacity to hurt me to any extent whatsoever," so I just get on with it and enjoy myself.

If a killer clown and myself crossed paths, there's a heavy chance that one of us (take a guess who) would be walking away from the encounter with heavy scarring. And I don't mean the emotional kind of scarring, either.

image.gif?w=500&c=1