Who do YOU give 11/10? (final appreciation)

Comments

• Go with the crowd. Connery!
  • Daniela Bianchi. Beautiful, sexy, held her own as the 2nd Bond girl and carried the plot very effectively.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 23,562
    FILM 3 Goldfinger
    edited October 2011 Posts: 23,562
    Has to be the great John Barry for me because, wow, he's on FIRE in this film. Barry's score for GF changed the sound of film music in more ways than English vocabulary is able to express. With everyone doing what they do very well, Barry's performance is downright exceptional. He gets my 11/10.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 584
    Richard Maibaum, for writing:

"Do you expect me to talk?"
    "No Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Shirley Bassey for the very sultry main title song.
    Frobe and Collins for Mr. Goldfinger
    The old lady with the machine gun.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Desmond Llewelyn.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    John Barry.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Gert Frobe
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Gert Frobe
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Shirley Bassey tied with John Barry (Barry for the song itself and Bassey because I cannot think of anyone else who could have so brilliantly pulled off this really different sounding, amazingly appropriate, song).
    FILM 4 Thunderball
    I'm going with Peter Hunt here. His editing is superb. I love the action scenes in TB; they rock all the way.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am sorry, but I nominate Sean Connery again. His performance in this movie is the most self-confident and cool acting in the entire cinematic history. I have never seen a cooler person than Sir Sean in this movie.
    Richo Browning

And the guy from the Navy who called Peter lemont and asked how the rebreather worked....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am sorry, but I nominate Sean Connery again. His performance in this movie is the most self-confident and cool acting in the entire cinematic history. I have never seen a cooler person than Sir Sean in this movie.
    I have to go with @DC on this one. Sean was just "the man" in this film, and his performance adds to the cool 60s spy film that his character helped jump start.

• Luciana Paluzzi, for creating the best female fatale ever and paving the way for many other actors to come.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Sean Connery

as I said in the old monthly movie reviews - this was the performance that defined Sean as James Bond in my opinion.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Barry's pounding, relentless score. Just epic. For all those people who slate the underwater heavy visuals just sit back and listen instead. Wonderful stuff. :-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Connery.
  • barry, sean was good but thunderball wasn't his best outing (thats not too say that it wasn't awesome)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Yep, Paluzzi. The best part of the film.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Another Paluzzi vote. Lucianna wrote the blueprint for femme fatales in future Bond films.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes! Lucianna for sure.
    FILM 5 You Only Live Twice
    Here's my 11/10 for Ken Adam, the Midas touch to this film. That volcano set is just brilliant!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Not a person as such but Little Nellie rocks my world. :-)
    =cough=update title=cough=

Ken Adam