The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Mayhem!
    Sanchez is almost foaming at the mouth in rage!
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 6,855
    Bond is still sowing seeds of doubt in Sanchez.
    Pams angel moment! I must admit, I didnt get that on initial viewings!
    "SWITCH THE BLOODY MACHINE OFF!" 🤣
    My favourite climax in the series. This tanker chase is so well put together, with great thrills, and stunts!
    The tanker crashing down on the jeep is a great moment!
    The explosions are really impressive
    A gruesome death for Sanchez!
    Dangerous stunt fo our Tim
    Dalton here conveying the revulsion he feels is a terrific moment!
    Bond and Pam in a final clinch! Lovely finish, and a great end theme song too!
    Love this film. Still tremendous Bond movie. It gets criticism for its lack of visuals, but it has its moments. And its more about story, character and action, which it delivers in spades!
    'JAMES BOND WILL RETURN'
    If only..we deserved a third Dalton movie! Ah well, two brilliant films, more than some got!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    The helicopter landing pad uses a very convincing foreground miniature!
    Forgot about that one. From memory, the only real giveaway was the shadow to the side. A few of us were trying to think of what other 'forced perspective' tricks have been used throughout the series. FYEO's Univex helicopter exiting the factory and OP's Acrostar exiting the hanger being two other examples.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    The helicopter landing pad uses a very convincing foreground miniature!
    Forgot about that one. From memory, the only real giveaway was the shadow to the side. A few of us were trying to think of what other 'forced perspective' tricks have been used throughout the series. FYEO's Univex helicopter exiting the factory and OP's Acrostar exiting the hanger being two other examples.

Yes, both of them are really good!
    I've got YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE playing.
    Been a month since I popped in a Bond and spur of the moment randomly chose this one.
    I remember taping this one from an ABC Sunday Night Movie airing back in 1986.
    Oddly, that particular airing didn't edit much out. ABC was notorious for butchering the Connery Bonds.
    Horrendous transfer, though.

I'm at the climax.
    When I was a kid this film was pretty popular with me, though nowhere near the first three films.
    Pleasence is superb.
    He may be back to being my favorite Blofeld. He's pretty scary.
    Blofeld was my favorite villain when I was a kid.
    Right now I'm liking Connery's look in this film.
    Pretty good haircut and I'm digging that gray turtleneck.
    Superb volcano battle. We haven't had a big climactic battle in a Bond film for decades.
    Although a faithful adaptation of the book would've been nice, I do like Bond films wriiten around formula on occasion. This is pure fun.
    Here we go.........the rather lame fight with Hans. Barry's score makes up for the sequence's shortcomings.
    Yeah. This is going to be upped in my rankings. I've been longing for a fun enjoyable Bond movie with an epic score.
    This hits the spot.
    Poor Bond. Two films in a row his time with the leading lady is interrupted.
    Moneypenny's enjoying this too much.
    I may be back on here more often after my Bond break.
    Been easing my way back into this.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 13,999
    Continuing on with only the anniversary films - this weekend it's LALD. A personal favourite, I think it was the first Moore entry I owned on VHS. 1996 collection. LALD had the purple background with Bond amongst the palms holding his platinum revolver. Samedi in the background. Been looking forward to watching this for about half a year.

Old school UA logo with the steel look. Gunbarrel music is great. Robert Dix on the footpath. A friend of Roger's from, I think, before this film. Watch behind Hamilton, the two old ladies across the street standing still, waiting for their cue to walk towards the road when the brass band begins. The ladies end up dancing amongst the others. The guy who stabs Hamilton, he's a trumpet player from this band I think. Hamilton's fedora and accent - such a classic style that I miss in the films. "Whoseuh, funeral is it?" Shane Rimmer on vocals. Not a bad PTS for one without Bond.
    Miss Caruso: "One more time?" Bond: "Swallow me." I take it that means yes.
    Moneypenny: "Chow below." Lots of consumer talk going on here.

Solitaire lays out the cards. A few of these cards were not in the 1973 LALD collector's deck. Card titles are also larger on the screen-seen deck. Really enjoy the Boeing in flight overlaid with the tarot reading. Something we don't really see in modern film making. Both the overlaying effect and the plane footage. Adds to the travelogue feel that all Bond films should have. Here, we get the full experience, with plane taking off, up in the clouds, landing with a screech, Pan Am ticket folder, baggage tag and Bond exiting the airport with luggage. Black leather gloves on. A great look for Roger.
    Whisper's poison dart is bigger than it looks in the side mirror. Not just all Chevys on the road, but all Bel Airs from the look of it. The Corvorado is nice, but I would prefer the rear wheels positioned further back.

Bond enters the voodoo shop. I have several of the items seen here, but sadly no plush snake! The music is great and memorable. In fact, this soundtrack is one of the absolute best, with such a colourful mix of tunes.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 15,845
    Time to ease back and relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax.

I'm watching the great LIVE AND LET DIE.
    Moneypenny helps Bond get laid.
    Great M scene.

Easy, Charlie. Let's get there in one piece".

Love this Bond.
    Always loved the NY section. I'm starting to get back into Bond.
    Making several Bond references today at work among my co-workers who are only JUST out of high school.
    I was quite proud of them as they got it and they get Bond.
    That makes my day.

I love Kananga.
    My favorite "Bond, James Bond" in the series.
    I love Roger Moore's haircut in this one. He looks great.
    I've always love hotel sequences in the Bonds. I love scenes where he's checking his suite for bugs. When I was a kid and just getting into Bond I was drawn to these scenes, especially in DN and FRWL. This is a great one.