The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The underwater scenes sound design for the Lotus wow.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Peak Bond.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,450
    40 years plus since I first watched this film the underwater sequences still capture my imagination.

Bond had many peaks though this was RM peak.
    Watching LTK, I remember being at he cinema and being in awe of that gun barrel sequence and theme.
    Visually stunning first shot's. I recall at the time of release I complained it was too much like Lethal Weapon. Decades later I am happy how dark Bond went with this film.
    I stop commenting when I watch LTK I get dragged into what is going on, underacted Bond film.
    How many DC Bond films are better than LTK if any?
    The sky dive scene from LTK s amazing.,
    Gladys Knight great theme, I spent weeks trying to catch this track on the radio so I could record it on tape
    I have said it before Dalton deserved more films.
    The Sanchez escape has been ripped off so may times in other high profile movies.
    LTK is a far better film than DC's last 3.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I'd agree with this. It's so unique yet so straightforward all at the same time.
    Gladys Knight great theme, I spent weeks trying to catch this track on the radio so I could record it on tape

For some reason it seems to be played a lot on the radio recently, heard it several times! Its hugely underrated, Gladys Knight was a great choice, really belts it out!
    I still think the 2 best action sequences in Bond films appear in TSWLM, I don't need to point them out they are just perfect.

I reckon LTK has that honour, with OHMSS a close second, TLD is in there too! Not surprisingly my top 3 Bond films!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'd agree with this. It's so unique yet so straightforward all at the same time.

LTK has a darker edge though it is still fun, the more time passes the less I like 3/5th's of DC's tenure.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

For some reason it seems to be played a lot on the radio recently, heard it several times! Its hugely underrated, Gladys Knight was a great choice, really belts it out!
    I still think the 2 best action sequences in Bond films appear in TSWLM, I don't need to point them out they are just perfect.

I reckon LTK has that honour, with OHMSS a close second, TLD is in there too! Not surprisingly my top 3 Bond films!

I just think TSWLM action sequences are tighter, incredibly well shot.

Fair enough, we wont fall out over it mate!
    My enjoyment of an action scene is how well its constructed and shot. The Seaplane set piece, and tanker truck finale in LTK are a case in point. The pts of TLD also. For OHMSS, its the superb ski sequences, and the bobsleigh chase that are original and well thought out, I also think the stock car sequence is excellent. The pts car chase of QOS would be another that is also well put together!

Fair enough, we wont fall out over it mate!
    My enjoyment of an action scene is how well its constructed and shot. The Seaplane set piece, and tanker truck finale in LTK are a case in point. The pts of TLD also. For OHMSS, its the superb ski sequences, and the bobsleigh chase that are original and well thought out, I also think the stock car sequence is excellent. The pts car chase of QOS would be another that is also well put together!

All great examples of Bond at its best, OHMSS and LTK both in my top ten Bond movies.

There are some sequences in other John Glem directed films that should be in consideration, alas Glen's tendancy to add hokey humour often undermined potentially greater scenes. Saying that I will take any practical stunts over CGI.
    LTK has one of the best finales I like how it differs from the other films, it is so much more than Bond sieging a villains base.
    There is an effective dynamic between Bond and Sanchez, in another life there is a sense that they would get on, or Bond is just incredibly convincing.
    .........well I'm going with The Daltonator's other Bond adventure: THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS.

At the sequence where Bond is spying on Kara as she gets arrested on the tram.
    Bond then goes to the can where everyone watches him.
    People wait until they go back outside before zipping up.
    I hope 007 doesn't do the same.
    I love Kara's crappy apartment. Not all Bond girls can live in Octopussy's palace.
    Been a few weeks since I posted here. Haven't been posting much at all lately.
    I love Bond's impatience with Kara as she gets her cello.
    Bond has a Philips stereo and key ring finder.
    I bought a Philips television last year in honor of Bond.
    This Bond epic really looks good on my Philips.
    I love frozen lakes. This is a great scene. I'm actually looking forward to winter time.
    Love John Rhys-Davies.
    Dalton's delivery of "shaken, not stirred" here is my favorite in the series. No contest.
    Necros has always been one of my favorite henchman.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »

He also has great taste in music. That said, I don't want him delivering my milk.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

He also has great taste in music. That said, I don't want him delivering my milk.

Excellent taste in music!
    The Pushkin confrontation scene is great. Dalton is excellent.
    I love Barry's score as Bond escapes on the rooftops. I may be one of the few fans that really likes Bond's beige outfit in these scenes.
    Bond seems to wear his shoulder holster over his bare chest under that blue shirt though.
    Kind of odd and I never understood why.