The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I love the music as we segue to Auric Stud.
    Bond insults Goldfinger and immediately gets shown to his quarters.
    Great moment.
    I love Gert Frobe's reaction. Priceless.
    I love the Hood's Convention sequence.
    These guys all grew up on Warner Bros gangster movies starring George Raft, Edward G Robinson, James Cagney and Bogie. :D
    Mr Solo wusses out.
    Pussy kicks Bond's ass.
    "They are delightful............."

I should start using that expression.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I love the sneaky Bond scenes in this one. 007 dressed in black sneaking arounf Auric Enterprises.
    Great stuff here.
    I like his little backpack. The whole outfit and said backpack returns in the FRWL video game.
    QBranch wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I love the sneaky Bond scenes in this one. 007 dressed in black sneaking arounf Auric Enterprises.
    Great stuff here.
    I like his little backpack. The whole outfit and said backpack returns in the FRWL video game.

I love the backpack. When I was a kid I pretended to be Bond with my school backpack.
    Mickey G!!
    Oddjob's booking it!
    I love him running down the stairs.
    Bond is getting creamed.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Although I'm aware MGW is seen here, I haven't tried looking out for him. So he's standing next to the truck, then helps wheel in the bomb?
    QBranch wrote: »
    Although I'm aware MGW is seen here, I haven't tried looking out for him. So he's standing next to the truck, then helps wheel in the bomb?

cameos1.jpg

I believe so.
    Great viewing and this remains my number 1 favorite 007 film.
    Great comments as always, @ToTheRight.
    I feel like I've fallen out of love with GF, I should visit it again soon. It was after all, my first Bond film I saw (T.V.) and which made me a fan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Great comments as always, @ToTheRight.
    I feel like I've fallen out of love with GF, I should visit it again soon. It was after all, my first Bond film I saw (T.V.) and which made me a fan!

It really hits the spot for me. Superb score and a genuine sense of fun with a bit of suspence, thrills and humor. Doesn't go over the top , and doesn't get too dark either.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Resumed watching MR, this film is not just a great Bond film this is a Great film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,452
    Ken Adam's set's are phenomenal arguably his best. the cinematography is some of the most visually stunning I have ever seen, John Barry's score is ethereal and other worldly.
    I often ponder is MR the last Silver Age Bond film? I think OHMSSS is the last Golden Age Bond film...
    Drax is in my top 3 Bond villains.
    MR model work and practical visual effects looks far better than the majority of the modern crap .
    These films are special because of the craftsmanship that was involved, never forget it.
    Even though I know Bond destroys the last globe, the scene is still intense.
    Q's last line one of is best lol I love MR it is pure escapism.
    Watching the Lotus scene from TSWLM hand's down the best action scene in the series.
    The build up, Bond's acute awareness, then the theme kicks in. The Lotus scene is epic.
    What I love about the Lotus scene is the Game of Death element, Bond defeats one foe then another appears.
    I could watch the Lotus scene on repeat it is so bloody good, Bond did peak around this era..
    I still think the 2 best action sequences in Bond films appear in TSWLM, I don't need to point them out they are just perfect.
    The scene when the helicopter pulls up with the Lotus in shot, that is phenomenal.