The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Bond effs up and drops his PPK. I love that bit.

Great battle in the shark pool.
    "Now you can tell about the one that got away."

I'm watching the audio track with that line.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 15,818
    Bond and Fiona get down.

I need Bond to get some action. One of my least favorite elements of the Craig era was the lack of scenes such as this.
    "Vanity has it's dangers".

Great line. That could almost be a continuation novel title.
    The shot of the dog taking a pee with the 007 signs in the background goes by so fast you'd miss it if you didn't already know it was there.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, more dancing please. I suppose he has a brief dance with Moneypenny while sitting next to her on her chair, and as someone pointed out, Roger does a very subtle bop when arriving at the Fillet of Soul.

Love TB - one of the best for sneaky Bond and romance, and one that was difficult to collect for due to all the expensive and rare scuba gear. However, I've watched the TB collection blossom over the last two years and now the room is looking much like Pinder's shop.

Would be amazing to see it on the big screen, super jealous there.

Loads of trivia in this one: Bond points the same long silencer at Quist as seen on the train in FRWL; before Bond drops the PPK off the roof in Palmyra, he is briefly using a PP during the shootout.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Yeah, more dancing please. I suppose he has a brief dance with Moneypenny while sitting next to her on her chair, and as someone pointed out, Roger does a very subtle bop when arriving at the Fillet of Soul.

Love TB - one of the best for sneaky Bond and romance, and one that was difficult to collect for due to all the expensive and rare scuba gear. However, I've watched the TB collection blossom over the last two years and now the room is looking much like Pinder's shop.

Would be amazing to see it on the big screen, super jealous there.

Loads of trivia in this one: Bond points the same long silencer at Quist as seen on the train in FRWL; before Bond drops the PPK off the roof in Palmyra, he is briefly using a PP during the shootout.

Great info, @QBranch . Never knew that.

Here we go.......Bond dancing with Fiona. Another great scene.
    Connery really pulls off these scenes.
    We get 2 dance scenes in this Bond.

I suppose you could almost count Craig's little jiggle as he ascends the stairs to the hotel in the SPECTRE PTS. I'll have to look for Roger's bop next time I watch LALD.
    This track has Pinder's "Manta Ray" line.........even though he isn't with Bond and Felix.
    My favorite continuity error in the entire series is Felix's switch from black pants to shorts. It's great.
    Domino is great.
    ........and we get to the great underwater battle. I love this climax.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 15,818
    I love that Largo as a villain is a good physical match for Bond. Although the fight aboard The Disco Volante has that sped up back projection, I love it regardless.
    Great stuff and a great viewing of this classic!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Some people say Kutze is still floating in the ocean, waiting to be rescued.

But everyone forgot about him, and Bond moved on to his next assignment.
    Excellent write-up @ToTheRight
    Last year, TB was one of the Bonds I was so looking forward to seeing on the big screen when they were all re-released. Had my ticket booked...and then last minute couldn't go!! Was so disappointed.
    You're right about this thread being too dormant. A couple of times, I was going to do one, but I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to. Bank Holiday here next weekend. Hopefully, I will try to do one then!
    For Your Eyes Only (1981)
    May Bank Holiday here, so has to be Bond. (Though our main TV channel is showing NTTD tonight!) Plan to watch OP for its anniversary in June, but lets start with John Glens first of 5!
    Nice set up for what was possibly going to be a new Bond, as Rog was playing hard to get!
    Cool shots of the helicopter flover London
    Stuntman Martin Grace doubling for Rog. Little did he know he would be nearly killed on the next one!
    The delicatessen lines! What on earth were they thinking?
    Love this title sequence
    DoP Alan Hume used to work on the 'Carry On' movies!
    Great model work of the sinking trawler by Derek Meddings. John Glen states in his book that when Cubby had a meeting and was talking about who could direct, Meddings piped up. "How about me!"
    There was some nervous laughter!
    I do think they should hsve cast a new M. I know they left M out as respect to Bernard Lee, but I would have liked to see Robert Brown debut here
    Carole Bouquet is gorgeous
    The killing of Melinas parents is more hard edged than we're used to!
    Great idea of Glens to focus in on Melinas eyes!
    Said to say, Lois is looking her age!!
    "As M's away!" 😅
    This is such a comforting Bond time. Bond gets his mission, and away he goes.
    The Lotus returns