The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Q keeps yacking away in Bond's ear, distracting him. No wonder he gets killed in this one!

"I know, I know!"
    I love Craig's annoyance here.
    I love Primo's demise. Great fight scene.
    This is where Bond effs up.
    Rami Malik really reminds me of Udo Kier at the end of ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN when the Baron is impaled and his heart dangles on a spear in 3D. He delivers a long hilarious speech as he dies.
    Rami Malik is the Udo Kier of today's generation.
    This interminable Craig death scene is kind of funny, though.

Then again, I also think it's funny when the powerless Clark Kent gets beaten up in that diner in SUPERMAN II.
    :D

I think "Go get your shinebox" from GOODFELLAS was funny, etc

I hope we get another Bond movie some day, though.

I do strongly think by the time Barbara and Michael get around to developing another movie, the world's cinemas may have closed, and they'll have to stream it anyway.
    :(

Oh well. So much for that.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @ToTheRight. One issue that few people have discussed about "Bond 26" is the matter of the budget. NTTD cost in the range (IIRC) of $ 250-300 million. While it is possible that Amazon/MGM say "OK. Spend whatever it takes on Bond 26" there is also a possibility that they may want a budget somewhat lower. If so, how does that impact on the plot and casting?

Food for thought.

In any case, after your rough week I hope that NTTD was an agreeable watch.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    @ToTheRight. One issue that few people have discussed about "Bond 26" is the matter of the budget. NTTD cost in the range (IIRC) of $ 250-300 million. While it is possible that Amazon/MGM say "OK. Spend whatever it takes on Bond 26" there is also a possibility that they may want a budget somewhat lower. If so, how does that impact on the plot and casting?

Food for thought.

In any case, after your rough week I hope that NTTD was an agreeable watch.

Yes. I wouldn't mind a lower budget for the next film. I'd like the next frilm to be more low key and have an espionage vibe.
    I still think Barbara and Michael might sit on this long enough that the movie going experience will be a thing of the past. When I when to the theatre a few weeks back there was hardly anyone in the multiplex. A far cry from 10 years ago when theaters were packed.
    Maybe they are waiting to see how well Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny do at the box office before shaping Bond 26 - as both received Bond like budgets.

One thing to keep in mind was that Top Gun: Maverick only cost around $170 million to make (not including marketing costs), so a really quality action film doesn't have to cost $300+ million to make.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Maybe they are waiting to see how well Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning and Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny do at the box office before shaping Bond 26 - as both received Bond like budgets.

One thing to keep in mind was that Top Gun: Maverick only cost around $170 million to make (not including marketing costs), so a really quality action film doesn't have to cost $300+ million to make.

Very true. I really need to watch Maverick. I have a feeling I'd love it!
    I'm watching FOR YOUR EYES ONLY as a follow up.
    So far this one hits the spot more.
    Great espionage thriller.
    I like the Bibi character.
    Kristatos is a solid villain.
    I'm loving the snow sequences.
    Worked 6 days straight this week. I'm working tomorrow evening, so tonight I'll stay up a little late just for some Bond.
    One of the great ski chases in the series, IMO.
    By comparison to NTTD, this feels like pure Bond and pure Fleming.
    This really hits the spot.
    I was only going to watch the PTS, and here I am sittung thru the entire film.....rivetted and enthralled.
    Even though Craig was playing an older, retired Bond in NTTD, he still looked like he was at his peak, IMO.
    Roger Moore works better as an older, seasoned Bond, IMO. He seems more in danger in this film, and lo and behold he survives.
    I love the naturalistic look of this film.
    So why is Bond giving Luigi a ride, and to where?
    Were they planning to leave Cortina together when Bond stopped off to talk to Bibi?
    Bond's getting pounded here. I'd like the Brooklyn Stomping scene from the DAF novel to make it into a film some day.
    Roger Moore looks great in this film.
    Ah, the wonderful Topol.
    25 years ago I was in a theater production of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF. One of my closest friends was cast as Tevye. I played the Constable. One of those rare occasions I didn't have to audition as the director gave me the part.
    My buddy made an excellent Tevye, and was a film buff as well. His favorite Bond would eventually be Craig in CR. In terms of friendship and mentorship he was kind of my personal equivilent to Kerim Bey. A delightful man with a sharp wit. Sadly, we lost him to covid in 2020.
    Roger Moore has great chemistry with Topol. These are great scenes.
    Topol has the greatest facial expressions.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 15,818
    The rock climbing section is epic.
    I remember summer of '82 catching the PTS on either Cinemax or Showtime. I had to go to do something and didn't catch the rest of it until the ABC Sunday Night Movie had it's premiere in 1983.
    By then I was hooked on Bond. I had seen OP and NSNA in the cinema and was dying to see all the Bond films.
    When this aired it was easily my favorite Roger movie, although TSWLM came close.
    Although I didn't really rank the movies when I was eight I can say my favorites were probably DN, FYEO, NSNA, TSWLM, MR and OP. The next Bonds that aired on ABC that season were GF and DAF, both which I loved.
    Apostis falls to his death. I love those types of scenes.
    :D
    Great Bond double bill tonight.
    FYEO hit the spot more than NTTD but both were enjoyable.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ah, the wonderful Topol.
    25 years ago I was in a theater production of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF. One of my closest friends was cast as Tevye. I played the Constable. One of those rare occasions I didn't have to audition as the director gave me the part.
    My buddy made an excellent Tevye, and was a film buff as well. His favorite Bond would eventually be Craig in CR. In terms of friendship and mentorship he was kind of my personal equivilent to Kerim Bey. A delightful man with a sharp wit. Sadly, we lost him to covid in 2020.

A great story @ToTheRight. FIDDLER ON THE ROOF is an all-timer among musicals. When I was younger, I never missed it when it was broadcast on TV. And as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate the "dark" under current in the film (especially at the end). Here in New York, there was (is?) a production of FIDDLER in Yiddlish which I wanted to see (for those of us that don't know Yiddish, they translate it somehow IIRC).
    Scooby Gang time.
    Instead of going to bed after a long work night I've popped in

SPECTRE.

My least watched Bond film.
    Compared to previous years, so far Bond has been taking a back seat.
    Perhaps my enthusiasm for Bond has waned since we're yet again in the early stages of yet another gap?
    Perhaps as there is no current incumbent Bond I feel a void, and hence have put 007 on the back burner for a bit?
    Who knows? But when I do watch a Bond it tends to be a less popular entry.
    Hence this one.

Bond has snuck into White's domain.
    This scene is pretty dramatic.
    Aside from the yellow filter in many scenes, this Bond advencture seems to have a naturalistic look. The Mr White scene is almost lit like a noir with subdued colors. Very natural in the flesh tones.
    I have to say, I'm appreciating the look of this film more and more.
    Every other scene is a Scooby Gang scene.
    Controversial opinion: Madeleine is my new favorite Craig era Bond girl.
    Sorry, Vesper. :(
    Not the sort of thing that looks good on a foooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.
    Tangier scenes and more yellow filtering. This scene in the hotel makes the pacing of the third act in TLD look like the PTS of QoS.
    Bond and Madeleine just arrived at the hotel.
    I'm going to travel the world by foot, swim across the Atlantic, hitch hike home, and by the time I get back Bond should be chatting with the little mouse.
    Damn the Hinx fight was good.
    Can't believe I never appreciated it as much before.
    I'm also loving Blofeld's lair. This section is pretty classic and traditional.
    Reminds me of DR NO a bit.