The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,393
    I may have to sit out the Watch-along later today, I ended up spending all day in bed yesterday with bad toothache. Its not so much the toothache though the medication I am taking is wiping me out I keep falling asleep. I will see how I am closer the time, the swelling has gone down a bit so not too bad at the moment.
    I may have to sit out the Watch-along later today, I ended up spending all day in bed yesterday with bad toothache. Its not so much the toothache though the medication I am taking is wiping me out I keep falling asleep. I will see how I am closer the time, the swelling has gone down a bit so not too bad at the moment.

Sorry to hear that @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Believe it or not, I will be out today, and I am not sure I will be back by 4 pm! So let's postpone it. Hopefully, you will recover by then, and maybe @ToTheRight might be able to join us too?
    I had to work today at 4pm Eastern Time Zone.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Sorry to hear that @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Believe it or not, I will be out today, and I am not sure I will be back by 4 pm! So let's postpone it. Hopefully, you will recover by then, and maybe @ToTheRight might be able to join us too?

Cheers mate, it's my own fault been pushing myself to get back in shape and over did it I think, started taking antibiotics which is helping. I am still on leave so will just rest next day or two.
    After being completely down and out in the dumps this week, it's time for Bond to cheer me up.
    What better choice than NO TIME TO DIE to get me out of a slump?

That PTS is amazing. Holy crap this film looks good on my upgraded television.
    Gorgeous colors.

I LIKE ANIMALS

The greatest line in movie history.

Actually the NTTD 2 years later thread inspired me to re watch this epic.
    So many varied opinons in that thread. I was among the negative posts.
    Let's change that with this viewing shall we?

What's this character's name? The obnoxious scientist? Valdo-of course!
    Nodding my head.
    I love this Jamaica section.
    I think Craig looks his best in this final film.
    The Bond/ Felix night club scene is pure Fleming, IMO.
    Great stuff here.
    Thats not gooooooooooooooooooooood.
    Once again, and like a broken record, I must acknowlege how much I love Fiennes' look in this film as M.
    I really like his haircut in this one. I think this is Fiennes' best film as M.
    Long live Ralph Fiennes' Mallory!
    Paloma is adorable. Great character.
    Paloma guzzles her Vesper in one sip.
    I did that the day I turned 21. Then I realized the bartender had made my martini without vodka, so I ordered another and did it again. Fun night that was.
    Nomi on the roof with Valdo reminds me of that 1991 Timothy Dalton LARK commerical.
    Hate to see Felix get it.
    :(
    If this were John Terry's Felix I wouldn't give a sh*t.
    This reminds me of Vesper's death scene.
    Great M/Bond scene.
    Whishaw was a superb Q.
    Safin is underrated, IMO. I think he's a solid villain.
    Nomi wears 2 belts. I should so that and see if anyone notices and says anything.
    The great Blofeld/Bond prison scene.
    Q has a nice dish for his gummy worms. I'd just eat them out of the bag.
    One of my least favorite candies.
    I'm not allowed to indulge in sweets anyway. Doctor's orders.
    Oddly enough I had a follow up physical last week and my exercise/diet regimem seems to have worked in my favor. I lost several pounds and God knows how many free radicals.
    I do like Craig's long coat during the Norway section.
    Robert Brown's M! Yay!
    The chase sequence in Norway is pretty good.
    I like Zimmer's score but it there aren't many hummable tracks.
    Imagine what Barry would've done with this chase scene. I'm picturing something along the lines of "He's Dangerous" from AVTAK.........something with a catchy melody.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »

But if it had been John Terry's Felix, the "party" would now be cancelled. And I, for one, would like to party with those young ladies! :D
    Dwayne wrote: »

But if it had been John Terry's Felix, the "party" would now be cancelled. And I, for one, would like to party with those young ladies! :D

Haha! Good point. :D
    The last section of this film is nearly an hour.
    I believe this climax could've been trimmed by a good 20 minutes and tightened the pacing.
    That said, this is my favorite climactic locale of the 5 Craig Bonds. I love Safin's island and the WWII setting. Great stuff.
    I far prefer this to the Venice sinking building, Greene's hotel, Bond's childhood home and whatever the hell they were doing in SPECTRE. This is so much more Bondian to me.
    WWII era sub pen. Superb location.
    WWII is my favorite war.....and this is now my favorite Craig climax.
    Bond's demise not withstanding.
    Valdo's whining gets old fast.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I believe this climax could've been trimmed by a good 20 minutes and tightened the pacing.
    That said, this is my favorite climactic locale of the 5 Craig Bonds. I love Safin's island and the WWII setting. Great stuff.
    I far prefer this to the Venice sinking building, Greene's hotel, Bond's childhood home and whatever the hell they were doing in SPECTRE. This is so much more Bondian to me.

Agreed.

BTW: Why no tears for Mathilde's Dou Dou? Wasn't Bond holding it as the missiles rained down?
    The dialogue bit between Safin and Bond is good, but does go on a but too long.
    Dwayne wrote: »

Agreed.

BTW: Why no tears for Mathilde's Dou Dou? Wasn't Bond holding it as the missiles rained down?

Dou Dou has my upmost sympathy.
    Reminds me of a plush dog I had when I was Mathilde's age. I called him Wah Wah.
    :D