The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• edited March 2023 Posts: 2,161
    A couple of my favorite scenes in the whole franchise are in OP. But there are long sections of this film that just drag for me. Like Bond hitching rides and running around West Germany or the assault on Kamal’s castle. Like almost all of the Glen’s entries, you let me chop off about 20 minutes, lose a little bit of the wacky humor, and they are potentially Top Ten Bond films (all but AVTAK, that just has to be left as is, take it or leave it, there’s no better film inside there).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,446
    I have some Annual leave and its been a while since I watched a Bond film and did a watch-along, is anyone interested in doing a group watch-along at the weekend?
    I have some Annual leave and its been a while since I watched a Bond film and did a watch-along, is anyone interested in doing a group watch-along at the weekend?

I may be free Sunday afternoon, usually when the Missus is working every second Sunday, if I'm in the mood I will watch a Bond late in the afternoon!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I may be free Sunday afternoon, usually when the Missus is working every second Sunday, if I'm in the mood I will watch a Bond late in the afternoon!

Cool sounds good, I am not bothered which film as I have had an intentional break from the majority of the films.

Cool sounds good, I am not bothered which film as I have had an intentional break from the majority of the films.

Ok, I will know closer to the day. It probably be around 4 pm. ( Am in Ireland!)
    Am holding off in doing OP nearer its anniversary, maybe FYEO? Or if its Connery, possibly DAF?
    I'm working Sunday afternoon into the evening :( , otherwise I'd love to join.

Tomorrow is Daniel's birthday, so I'm watching

QUANTUM OF SOLACE right now.

I'm actually liking the song AWTD.
    Great title scene, too.

Daniel Craig at his peak.
    M at her peak.

Vesper's boyfriend at his peak, too.
    OK thats getting old.

Love the Mr White interrogation.

I kind of miss the 2000s.
    The 2020s suck.

Great action/chase scene here.
    Superb David Arnold score.
    I love the London M scenes here, with the rain and atmosphere.
    Daniel's hair is considerably longer in this film than in any of the others.
    Looks really good on him.
    Mickey G cameo!
    Olga! Yay!
    My favorite Craig era Bond girl alongside Madeleine.
    I like Dominic Greene. I think the Craig era had solid villains. More so than the Brosnan era.
    Olga is great.
    This is my favorite score of all the Craig films..... including CR. Great Arnold music in this one.
    The boat chase reminds me of LAST CRUSADE.
    I love it!
    Gregory Beam is amazing.
    The opera scene is another great section of this film.IMO.
    Elvis has some interesting facial expressions.
    I love the scene on the plane between Bond and Mathis.
    Bond and Fields get it on right away.
    Pity the Craig era didn't have more scenes like this. Evokes Connery and Moore.
    Unashamedly, I'm a strong supporter of my hero, James Bond 007 getting laid.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »

"Tastes like .... strawberry!" :D
    Dwayne wrote: »

"Tastes like .... strawberry!" :D

Haha! Good one.
    I'm pretty rivetted by this film.
    I was a huge fan back in 2008 when this was released.
    Everyone else I knew was disappointed, save for a few friends.
    My only real complaint was the gunbarrel ending.
    Craig and Olga had excellent chemistry.
    I love all the desert scenes.
    Bond and Camille take a bus back to town.
    That probably took a few days.
    The brief Bond/Felix scene is pretty good.
    Jeffrey Wright was a superb Felix.
    The fight between Camille and Medrano is pretty good. Same with Bond and Greene.
    These fights are akin to the DAD climax, but much better, IMO.
    .......and the infamous effing ending gunbarrel.
    Sighs. I do like the Bond theme here better than in any of the other Craig gunbarrels, though.

Ok, I will know closer to the day. It probably be around 4 pm. ( Am in Ireland!)
    Am holding off in doing OP nearer its anniversary, maybe FYEO? Or if its Connery, possibly DAF?

FYEO sounds good the tone of the film for the most part may generate some potential Bond 26 discussion.

FYEO sounds good the tone of the film for the most part may generate some potential Bond 26 discussion.

Ok, great. FYEO it is then. 4pm Sunday!
    Olga is great.

I totally concur!
    Your comments, great as always, were as speedy as mine! You really have to be quick to keep up with it! Probably not the most ideal ' comments as you watch ' film, but I love Quantum of Solace!
    Dare I say it will be rising in your rankings, after this positive watch @ToTheRight ?
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

I think that is about 11:00 AM EST (I'm in New York). if so, I may attempt to join the FYEO watch along.
    I have nothing planned on Sunday so flexible with the FYEO start time.