The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Michel Legrand's dance music for Domino is hilarious.

I had to wear a tight black leotard just like Domino's dance instructor for a play once.
    Luckily I had a long black coat over it that looked like something Christopher Lee's Dracula might wear and black boots.

I do like the Algernon incarnation of Q. Solid chemistry with Connery.
    It's gonna be your ass, James!

Thank you.
    The Domination game scene looks considerably better here on blu-ray.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I still hate that scene!
    I have that bluray, it does improve greatly to the dvd! I really disliked NSNA when I saw its first release in the cinema, but have warmed to it a lot lately, particularly for the cast!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I still hate that scene!
    I have that bluray, it does improve greatly to the dvd! I really disliked NSNA when I saw its first release in the cinema, but have warmed to it a lot lately, particularly for the cast!

That scene never bothered me, though as a rule, I'd rather see Bond play chemin de fer.
    In some aspects it's ahead of it's time as video games became even more elebaroate and popular in the ensuing decades.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    This fight sequence is terrific. Great use of props!

Best thing in the film IMO. Not a favourite...
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    The docks set piece! Thrilling aerial shot! Last good sequence until the finale!

Yes. Apart from the fight a great sequence. And Barry's score.....hubba hubba!!!!
    LIVE AND LET DIE

Need to get my Bond fix. Getting an upgraded television set is a perfect excuse to go thru all the Bond films again, just to see how they look on my new screen.

This Blu-ray is beautiful.

Roger Moore is a suave as one can be.

Tee-Hee's clothes really pop on my new set.

Damn this is great!
    The sound is amazing, too.

Arnold Williams is my favorite actor!
    Bond strolls into the Fillet of Sould and everyone stops what they're doing.

My favorite "Bond, James Bond" in the series is this one.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

And one of my favorite retorts:
    “…. names is for tombstones…..”
    Dwayne wrote: »

And one of my favorite retorts:
    “…. names is for tombstones…..”

YES!
    Bond doesn't get to finish his shave.
    Sometimes I do that if I'm in a hurry.

Roger Moore has the greatest facial expressions of all time.
    The bedding on Bond's bed matches his curtains.
    Interesting interior decorating.
    "You might've even killed me if youd taken off the safety catch".

Bond's facial expression there reminds me of Ward Cleaver.
    RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!
    Tommy Lane has some great facial expressions, too.
    Mr Blinker called Bond a "sonuvabi+ch".
    So after Bond runs atop the crocodiles, I've noticed the guitar levels are lacking in the DTS audio track. However, they're in full blast in the original mono.
    I wonder if that had to do with the Lowery restoration?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    So after Bond runs atop the crocodiles, I've noticed the guitar levels are lacking in the DTS audio track. However, they're in full blast in the original mono.

That reminds that here in Chile, a TV channel has been running a Bond film marathon since June. I don't remember the last time that happened; probably in the mid-nineties. They're up to AVTAK now; they also aired CR'67 but apparently they're going to exclude NSNA. Anyway, I've noticed the audio downmix on several of these broadcasts appears to be wrong, as it seems to be biased toward the center channel. As aired on TV, the AVTAK gunbarrel had very little brass on it, but prominent triangle and woodwinds. Also, there was no trace of California Girls as Bond snowboarded his way down the mountain. Some people would call that an improvement, I'm sure!
    mattjoes wrote: »

That reminds that here in Chile, a TV channel has been running a Bond film marathon since June. I don't remember the last time that happened; probably in the mid-nineties. They're up to AVTAK now; they also aired CR'67 but apparently they're going to exclude NSNA. Anyway, I've noticed the audio downmix on several of these broadcasts appears to be wrong, as it seems to be biased toward the center channel. As aired on TV, the AVTAK gunbarrel had very little brass on it, but prominent triangle and woodwinds. Also, there was no trace of California Girls as Bond snowboarded his way down the mountain. Some people would call that an improvement, I'm sure!

Very odd. There are some substantial differences or Lucas like changes in the audio tracks, notably in THUNDERBALL. Certain sound FX had been added to the later stereo DTS versions. For instance, as Largo enters the SPECTRE meeting his footsteps had been muffled and a new FX sound of the door opening added.
    This isn't a new practice really. For SUPERMAN THE MOVIE's original DVD release, some new audio FX were added. Reeve does the iconic \S/ reveal and we get the sound of his shirt buttons ripping off. That was never in the original film.
    I love Bond's outfit during the climax. I don a black turtleneck quite often thanks to Roger Moore's style.
    I've got a couple of huge scratches on my arm like the wounds Kanaga inflicts upon Bond here. One of my cats has been rather clingy and as she leapt from my lap her back claws got me good.

I love the ending fight scene with Tee-hee. A great Guy Hamilton tradition.
    I'd love to see a scene like this again in a future Bond film.

Superb viewing of LALD.
    Back to being my fave Roger.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited September 2022 Posts: 6,733

Very odd. There are some substantial differences or Lucas like changes in the audio tracks, notably in THUNDERBALL. Certain sound FX had been added to the later stereo DTS versions. For instance, as Largo enters the SPECTRE meeting his footsteps had been muffled and a new FX sound of the door opening added.
    This isn't a new practice really. For SUPERMAN THE MOVIE's original DVD release, some new audio FX were added. Reeve does the iconic \S/ reveal and we get the sound of his shirt buttons ripping off. That was never in the original film.

I also remember the ending of the film Sorcerer, where a gunshot sound was inserted for the Blu-Ray mix. Rather unnecessary if you ask me.

I also remember the ending of the film Sorcerer, where a gunshot sound was inserted for the Blu-Ray mix. Rather unnecessary if you ask me.

In many ways it's tampering with the original artists' intentions.
    The cat's meow in the PTS of DAF that segues into the titles really bothers me in the DTS stereo version. Completely different recording. Certainly not true to the original release prints.
    I love the ending fight scene with Tee-hee. A great Guy Hamilton tradition.
    I'd love to see a scene like this again in a future Bond film.

Superb viewing of LALD.
    Back to being my fave Roger.

I've said that for ages! Loved the villain/henchman turning up for a final reel showdown.
    They missed a trick in SP by not having that awesome Hinx fight at the end!
    DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER

An updated television is a superb excuse to rewatch the Bonds.
    Dr Tynan looks quite a bit like my barber from my youth.
    Wint and Kidd are great. I love these desert scenes. The Blu-ray looks considerably different than the Lowery restored DVD version. Different color timing?

I've seen this in the cinema in 35mm two or three times years ago.
    Working multiple days straight between 2 jobs right now. Granted, they're easy jobs but I just keep taking extra shifts. Don't have to be to work too early tomorrow so I'm relaxing with some lazy Bond. Perfect film for this occasion.
    I love the bits at Tiffany's flat.
    Connery had great chemistry with Jill St John.
    Considering Connery isn't as trim here as he was in THUNDERBALL, he certainly has a lot of energy in this one. He's great in the elevator fight.

I still maintain that Bond's physique is the result of his off screen mourning of Tracy. This film picks up as Bond has gotten a hold of himself and is ready to get back into action.

As I get older Connery doesn't look too bad here, and his tailoring compliments him.

It also helps that Felix is portrayed as middle aged.

I like Norman Burton's rapport with Connery.
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 15,818
    I love the cremation sequence. It's pretty damned funny.
    As a kid I loved that this particulr film had several "Bond in peril" moments.