The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited January 2022 Posts: 2,161
    I love GF, and I believe it will always be my #1, but I realize I've just seen it too many times. Then again, I have thought that in the past and still managed to have the occasional viewing that felt surprisingly new and fresh. It was just kind of there this time, like familiar furniture. I know it too well.

If only we could erase these films from our minds, so we can have that initial experience all over again. The guys on JBR have mentioned a similar fantasy in the past. I've often wished that about the books.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I love GF, and I believe it will always be my #1, but I realize I've just seen it too many times. Then again, I have thought that in the past and still managed to have the occasional viewing that felt surprisingly new and fresh. It was just kind of there this time, like familiar furniture. I know it too well.

If only we could erase these films from our minds, so we can have that initial experience all over again. The guys on JBR have mentioned a similar fantasy in the past. I've often wished that about the books.

Great observation. My father used to say he felt the same way about The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I tend to keep that in mind when rewatching films now, so that I don't rewatch them too frequently, but of course it all depends on the film. And I really treasure the first viewing.
    GF is one I tend to watch less often than some of the others. I give it some breathing room so that it feels fresh each time.
    In other words, I only watch it maybe 3 or 4 times per year.
    I’ve toned down my rewatching of GF in recent years a lot too. Been trying to give some of my less watched ones in general chances lately.
    I'm in the mood for a Bond movie that has a GREAT Gunbarrel sequence.

LIVE AND LET DIE fits the bill.

This was also my late girlfriend's favorite Bond film.
    What a superb way to introduce a new Bond actor with this Gunbarrel.

Could this feasibly be my favorite Binder title sequence of all?
    Quite possibly.
    Sir Roger's Bond wakes up with the lovely Madeline Smith in his arms.
    I think future Bond films need to return to Bond getting laid more often.
    I d like Roger's haircut in this one. Pretty much how mine's looking these days.
    So I'm actually going with the newer 5.1 audio this time rather than the mono track.
    Just has more power , though I do detest the re mixing of Martin's score in a few scenes.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Quite possibly.

Don't forget Paul and Linda's (co-written) theme song. ^:)^
    My favorite actor, Arnold Williams.
    Dwayne wrote: »

Quite possibly.

Don't forget Paul and Linda's (co-written) theme song. ^:)^

Absolutely. This could well be my favorite song in the series.
    Speaking of favorites, here is my favorite "Bond, James Bond" delivery in the series.
    I love how Martin's rendition of the Bond Theme kicks in. Also, Sir Roger's casual glance around the room as he speaks those famous words.
    I love 1970's New York.
    007 arrives in New York, has a quick trip to Harlem, and immediately is whisked away to San Monique. he probably didn't even get to lunch with Felix.

Another favorite in the series: the hotel sequence. I love Martin's music as Bond is checking his suite for bugs. Again Roger Moore's hair is perfection.
    Whenever i shave I try to do it exactly like Roger Moore here. Sometimes I don't finish the job.
    You knew the answer before it was given....................
    I love this score. So different from Barry, yet so Bondian and iconic.

My favorite one.
    One of the elements I love about this film is it's simplicity. The story more or less written around the locations and set pieces. For me it works.
    The legendary double decker bus chase.
    One of my favorite scenes in the series: Bond's second encounter with Arnold Williams.
    Today is your lucky day, Jim! you're going skydiving.

My favorite one.

They really rocked out on the gunbarrel. The musicians probably had a blast recording it.
    It's the coolest pose of the lot.
    "Holy sh*t" is my new favorite swearing phrase. I try to use it whenever the opportunity arises.
    Hmm. Never noticed the other instruments during the Filet of Soul LALD rendition.
    I hooked up some additional speakers and this film now sounds great on my system.
    It's the coolest pose of the lot.

I think so, too. His walk is perfect as well.
    Kananga's pretty disappointed that Solitaire lied.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Roger’s performance in LALD works precisely because he doesn’t attempt to emulate Connery. He is his own man. Yet the script plays it down the middle (IMO), half serious, half humorous. We aren’t in the “double-taking pigeon” territory quite yet.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Roger’s performance in LALD works precisely because he doesn’t attempt to emulate Connery. He is his own man. Yet the script plays it down the middle (IMO), half serious, half humorous. We aren’t in the “double-taking pigeon” territory quite yet.

Precisely. I actually think the humor works all the better for it. Nice balance of thrills and laughs.
    Ten fingers on the fender!
    I have to back it up and watch the Billy Bob scene again. it's pretty funny.
    The wedding scene is even funnier.
    Bond likes to eff up other people's weddings. He does it again in AVTAK.
    Tommy Lane was great.
    AH BA BO!!!!!!