The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

"BAAAHAA!"
    Our finale on an oil rig!
    Great idea, but will they make the most of it?
    Eh, no!
    She may have turned into a bimbo, but, man, Tiffany looks fab in that bikini!!
    "Search him from his toenails to the last follicle on his head!" Did Connery make it easy just by handing over his toupee?
    Blofelds army all look cute in their silly uniforms!
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 6,819
    The big helicopter attack! Apocalypse Now it aint!!
    Blofeld crashing around on a crane was an undignified end for hiim!
    Not so much "Die, Blofeld, Die!" as "Bounce, Blofeld, bounce!"
    Mind you, that final shot of the oil rig exploding is pretty neat!
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 6,819
    Love it when the henchmen turn up for a final reel showdown, this is a bit sloppy, but fun! Putter Smith was brave to do part of that burn shot himself!
    And so ends DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER!
    A low tier Bond movie that has its moments, but coming after OHMSS it was quite the comedown!
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 15,818
    Great comments, @Mathis1! DAF usually ends up in the lower tier of my rankings, but I always love it whenever I watch it. I tend to watch that one a lot, actually.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Connery in his pants....not a pretty sight!
    Sean obviously didnt think it important to get into shape for his return as 007!

I like to pretend 007 spent the last two years mourning Tracy, and therefore let himself go a bit. This assignment gets him back into shape for future missions.

Tonight I'm popping in my first Bond film this year, and since this is the 60th anniversary, I'm watching

DR NO

Connery looks lean and mean here.
    M's office looks good. I like the greenish hue to the paneling. The green curtains compliment the look.
    I must say, Lowery did a superb job on this film.
    Bond's flat has a green theme as well.
    Bond removes his shoes so he can become "sneaky Bond" in his own apartment.

I love Sylvia Trench. Superb Bond girl.

The stock footage of the Pan Am landing is in Seattle.
    SeaTac International Airport.

Perhaps Bond had a layover there and visited the World's Fair. He could've seen Elvis, become an extra in IT HAPPENED AT THE WORLD'S FAIR and had an interesting story to tell Moneypeny when he got back.
    M would've been quite annoyed for Bond to goof around on the firm's time.
    I really love the scene with Mr. Jones.
    I love the Norman score as Bond gives Mr. Jones a thrashing.
    Damn the colors look good here, and I'm only watching a DVD copy this time.
    FFS, I'm getting phone calls as I'm watching/commenting on my first Bond of the year.

It's breaking my concentration and it will take me time to get back where I was................

like Jack Nicholson in THE SHINING

maxresdefault.jpg

ALL WORK AND NO BOND MAKES @ToTheRight A DULL BOY.

Felix laughs when Quarrel mentions the dragon.
    Bond, on the other hand respects Quarrel's concerns and doesn't find this funny in the least.
    My favorite car chase in the series, Every time I change gears, (even though my car is an automatic) I like to make Connery's facial expressions here.

I think they were on their way to a funeral.

Bond's hair is blowing in the wind. His hair is quite long on the top and sides.
    My New Year's resolution was to grow some length on mine so I can style it like that or any classic old school style. My barber is holding me to that resolution.
    The Professor Dent scene.

I really love the set for Miss Taro's flat.
    Felix gives Quarrel sh*t for drinking. The man likes to needle Quarrel.

When I was a kid the Crab Key sequences were my favorite in this film. I love all these scenes on the beach.

Bond takes a nap. I think NTTD should've have ended with a cut to the shot of Bond awakening on the beach here, thus making the entire Craig era a dream. That would've been funny.

Connery breaks into song. He pulls it off quite well. He also sang in DARBY O GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE..
    If I recall, the framing on the older 1999 SE DVD was zoomed or cropped a bit on this film. I'm tempted to track down a copy of that older version and compare.
    Honey Ryder is great. The amazing Ursula Andress. Note to self: I need a copy of SHE.
    Bond is taken prisoner and barks orders at everyone.
    Bond in the shower. Too bad he isn't singing again here.
    The wonderful Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No.
    I do wonder if Safin was originally intended to be revealed as Dr. No?
    I'm against the idea, myself. I think that would've been a horrible concept.
    I have a hunch that was the original intention, though.
    Bond takes a beating.
    When I was a kid some city parks and school grounds had wooden playground sets you could climb on, slide down from, etc. I remember playing on one that had a metal cylinder tube you could climb thru that led to a slide. I used to pretend I was Bond climbing through the heating vent.
    I might rank Dr No's base exploding in my top 5 Bond explosions.
    I love this bit.

Wonderful viewing and a solid start to the New Year.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    When I was a kid some city parks and school grounds had wooden playground sets you could climb on, slide down from, etc. I remember playing on one that had a metal cylinder tube you could climb thru that led to a slide. I used to pretend I was Bond climbing through the heating vent.

Brilliant.
    You should have got someone to take a pic of you from the other side, and pretended you were doing your own gunbarrel!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2022 Posts: 23,375
    The pre title sequence for NTTD is Amazing

DC acting is phenomenal
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The pre title sequence for NTTD is top tier, the score is also phenomenal.

I often rewind this scene to appreciate greatness.
    DC is on another level of acting when the DB5 is being bombarded. DC is phenomenal.

The score is incredible 😳