The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I love the ice palace set, actually. Reminiscent of Ken Adam.
    How's that for a punchline?
    The infamous Icarus vs Bond bit.
    Bond dangling miles above the water. Bond is in deep s**.

Time for some CGI escapades........................
    here it comes.................
    wait for it.................

YES! The Para surfing sequence!

YAY!

Just think, young kids who have grown up on Marvel and expect all CGI to look like it did in THE AVENGERS will NEVER watch a Bond film older than say, 2008. If they saw this they could automatically assume all CGI looked this bad and all movies made before their time probably looked like crap.
    Kind of a shame. Thanks, Tamahori,
    I do love the ice chase scene, though.
    I remember my deceased girlfriend loved this sequence.
    I had told her DAD was my least favorite film in the series, and after we watched it together she came to the conclusion that if this was the worst Bond entry, then there were really no outright bad Bond films, Each movie in the franchise had something to offer. I've always felt that way (even though certain choices made in the series really piss me off).
    Here we come to the climax of this film.
    Bond and Jinx get into these little weird flying thingy's.
    This reminds me of a film a saw recently.

Bond effed up and missed his target, Now they sneak aboard the plane.
    DIE HARD 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like their camouflage outfits here.
    The plane looks bigger on the inside than on the outside.
    The Bond/Graves fight was more entertaining this time. Same with the Jinx/Miranda fight.
    So ends the final Brosnan Bond film and the last time a James Bond movie ends with our hero getting laid.
    Good comments as always, ToTheRight!
    Dont think I could do DAD, too painful to watch! Agree about the sword fight though, Dalton would have been fabulous in that sequence!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sat down in my cinema room 4K TV check! Dolby Atmos sound system check!

NTTD ready to initiate...

Occurred to me i cant really do a proper Comments.. as too many spoilers.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Total chills on the sound and look of the Gun Barrel, rental was £15.99 it was worth it for that, this is my third watch of the film.
    Love the reflection of the opening icy shot on the retracting gun barrel fantastic touch seeing the tree's reflection rotate.
    No spoilers the opening sequence is incredibly well done.
    Sound design is phenomenal
    Chills again, god I love James Bond.
    This film does take liberties, though it grabs me emotionally from the off so happy to go along with everything.
    Got some Sergio Leone vibes during a particular scene.
    The explosion at Vespers grave is technically brilliant, very disorientating.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,407
    PTS is bloody intense DC is on fire, DC really reminds me of Robert Shaw in certain instances.

One moment got a Whoa shouted out loud it surprises me every time lol
    Invited friends to come round and watch NTTD, will resume Comments another time.
    Deleted.

I was ranting my apologies.
    Deleted
    Deleted.
    NTTD pre title sequence is the best part of the film, great mini movie.
    NTTD is in Brosnan territory, so judging it by those standards it's good I guess.
    DC first 2 films are miles above the three after. Wow NTTD is bad, I think covid and not seeing a film at the cinema for 2 years affected my initial judgement.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Murdock I think the long awaitrd cinema experience and hearing OHMSS themes duped me.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I got duped when they used it for the Spectre trailer. I wasn't falling for it this time. What a sad time to be a classic Bond fan that's for sure.
    Murdock wrote: »
    @Murdock I think the long awaitrd cinema experience and hearing OHMSS themes duped me.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I got duped when they used it for the Spectre trailer. I wasn't falling for it this time. What a sad time to be a classic Bond fan that's for sure.

Hopefully we will get a full reset ie traditional old school Bond.

Watching NTTD pre title again now, wish they had maintened this tone for the rest of tge film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

Hopefully we will get a full reset ie traditional old school Bond.

Watching NTTD pre title again now, wish they had maintened this tone for the rest of tge film.

While I would hope for that, the cynic in me knows that's never going to happen. It's only going to get worse from here.