The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I think Bond got a trim between Portugal and reporting to MI6.
    His hair is shorter in the Moneypenny scene.
    Love the shot of Tracy driving to Draco's birthday brouhaha.
    Bond's helicopter ride to Piz Gloria never ceases to amaze. Wonderful score. Great scene.
    Ah, the Angels of Death.
    Already this film is back in my top 5.
    My favorite ski chase in the series.
    I love scenes where people fall off cliffs.
    I wonder how high this precipice was? I imagine someone has tracked this location down?
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 15,870
    I really like the plaid jacket Bond steals. I should try and find one like that for winter.
    As Tracy backs up and Bond hides to avoid being spotted by SPECTRE , I image Roger Moore doing that nod/smirk expression he often did to taunt his adversaries.
    The classic Bond theme for the last time.
    Very moving ending. The subtlety in George's performance only enhances it. He really nailed this scene.
    A masterpiece Bond epic.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's been my favorite for years . A masterpiece indeed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I love Lazenby's facial expressions while Draco talks.
    I like to make the same faces when someone is talking and I pretend to look interested.

Haha, that s clever.
    Great write up as always, ToTheRight!
    I dont think i could do this for my All time favourite Bond movie, as I like to watch every frame!
    Am hoping to do Moonraker soon, as I just got a new 50" telly, so would be appropiate to view a Bond spectacular like that!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Bond puts on Tracy's bathrobe. I must admit I used to do the same thing with my late girlfriend's robe when she was working nights. The things we Bond fans do just to be like George Lazenby.

@ToTheRight. Enjoying your comments as always.
    I’ll be giving OHMSS a re-watch myself as part of a mini (pre NTTD) Bond-a-thon in another week or so (*).

As to the scene in question: I’ve always assumed that the bathrobe was Bond’s since they actually meet in his room. In any case, Dame Diana Rigg wears it very well…….

4269e9e8de0df3a2c0723a2edfc3091b.jpg

(*) Along with GF, YOLT, TSWLM, FYEO, TLD, TWINE, CR and SF.
    Thanks, @Dwayne. That's a good point. It was probably the hotel suite robe and Tracy put it on.
    I may do more Bond viewings as we get closer to NTTD..
    Don't have a set list of films, though as I've watched many of them recently now.
    In honor of @barryt007,
    I'm popping in

OCTOPUSSY

which was indeed the first Bond film I commented on in this thread back in 2016.
    I believe he had this as his number 1 spot.

Great gunbarrel. This PTS is easily one of the best.
    I'd love to see something like this again in the future.

Roger looks good here.
    Mischa in the titles doubling for Bond.
    At least that's who it looks like to me.
    A curly haired Bond figure dancing.
    I remember these titles in the cinema back in '83.
    As a little kid I really thought this was suggestive.
    Please, please! I'm trying to concentrated.

Always thought that line delivery sounded as though it was in the past tense.
    I 100% love Roger's deliver of " Bond.....JAAAAAAAAAAMES Bond" in this one.
    He is so bad ass here.
    I love Bond fighting with the torch. Here, catch!
    Vijay thinks Bond's immature needling of Q and perving on the woman in the background is funny.
    Ingrid Pitt.

In. out!
    The jungle sequence is pretty damned funny.
    I love the Tarzan yell.
    Sir Roger and Maud Adams have wonderful chemistry.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Octopussy was my first cinema Bond film, the Astro Jet sequence is good, I have not watched many Bond films lately though when I have time I will do a Bond Comments Whilst I watch.

Octopussy was my first cinema Bond film, the Astro Jet sequence is good, I have not watched many Bond films lately though when I have time I will do a Bond Comments Whilst I watch.

You should! It would be great to read your comments. I haven't done as many this year as I normally do, mostly due to time, but am getting back into it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

You should! It would be great to read your comments. I haven't done as many this year as I normally do, mostly due to time, but am getting back into it.

It's been a few years since I have done one, we should try to do another group watch of one of the films see if any other members would be interested?

It's been a few years since I have done one, we should try to do another group watch of one of the films see if any other members would be interested?

Great idea. Maybe pick a night that works for everyone and vote on a film? It was fun doing those group viewings.
    Another classic viewing of OCTOPUSSY. I love it just as much now as I did when I was eight. Superb entertainment.

Great idea. Maybe pick a night that works for everyone and vote on a film? It was fun doing those group viewings.

This Friday, Saturday or perhaps that is too soon maybe some notice is a better idea to build the numbers up?