The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Ah, sorry guys I can't make it, I will watch TSWLM tomorrow in honour of @barryt007 and I'll read your comments when I'm watching.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ah, sorry guys I can't make it, I will watch TSWLM tomorrow in honour of @barryt007 and I'll read your comments when I'm watching.

We could re arrange and watch it tomorrow? see what @ToTheRight thinks.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 508
    It's not the day, it's the time. It's ok I'll do a group watchalong next time. It's more important that @Mathis1 sees it with you as he/she missed them multiple times.
    It's not the day, it's the time. It's ok I'll do a group watchalong next time. It's more important that @Mathis1 sees it with you as he/she missed them multiple times.

Cheers, mate (and its "he" btw 😁)
    I could probably do tomorrow evening, and if I was to pick, i would go with ToTheRight suggestion of TSWLM!)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I could probably do tomorrow evening, and if I was to pick, i would go with ToTheRight suggestion of TSWLM!)

Tomorrow evening sounds good, what's the earliest everyone can do so @Quantum_of_Tomorrow can watch along?

What do you think @ToTheRight?
  • Mathis1 wrote: »

ah, thanks, I initially went with "he" but you have to be careful about pronouns nowadays :)
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 15,870
    Sorry to get back to you so late, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'm free all day now and tomorrow as my schedule cleared up. If anyone wants to pick a time, I'm down. I'm EST time, zone, So I think I'm about 5 hours behind UK time.
    I'm on UK time, so only around 7pm would suit me!

That should be about 2pm my time. Perfect. Just to clarify, @Mathis1 ,you did say tomorrow's better for you?
    ToTheRight wrote: »

That should be about 2pm my time. Perfect. Just to clarify, @Mathis1 ,you did say tomorrow's better for you?

Yes, mate, but only at that time!
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,574
    7pm tomorrow that's great.
    Looking forward to it!
    Sounds a very good idea ( in my best Sir Roger voice).
    My appreciation for MR has grown tremendously over time. I think at one point it was my very last ranked film, but lately I've been having so much fun every time I put it on. So much beauty to look at throughout the scenes and sets, Barry with a tremendous score, the title song I have a big soft spot for, and Moore just being Moore. It's probably never going to break into that upper tier of Bond films for me, but there's lots to enjoy about it. For an epic, kind of silly, over the top Bond experience, it will scratch the itch.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    My appreciation for MR has grown tremendously over time. I think at one point it was my very last ranked film, but lately I've been having so much fun every time I put it on. So much beauty to look at throughout the scenes and sets, Barry with a tremendous score, the title song I have a big soft spot for, and Moore just being Moore. It's probably never going to break into that upper tier of Bond films for me, but there's lots to enjoy about it. For an epic, kind of silly, over the top Bond experience, it will scratch the itch.

In recent years MR is one of the films I put on the most, upscaled to 4K the cinematography is astounding, the set designs make it one of the most visually interesting Bond films. Barry's unusual score gives the film a bizarre tone that works well.

MR is my second favourite Moore Bond film LALD is my favourite, both are in my top 10.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    My former brother-in.law had a film room with a huge screen,and on a visit there with my son I brought with me a Bond film since we had started watching them together. The one I picked for that big screen was Moonraker.
    My former brother-in.law had a film room with a huge screen,and on a visit there with my son I brought with me a Bond film since we had started watching them together. The one I picked for that big screen was Moonraker.

If there was one film that I would like to see on the big screen it would be MR I was only 3 years old when it was released.
    3E3CGTT.png
    ...7pm Tonight UK Time (2pm Eastern Time) a 'Bond...comments while you watch...' group watch along in tribute to @barryt007 all welcome.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    With all of the talk about ABBA coming back, I’ve spent the better part of the last few days reliving the sights and sounds of the late 1970’s. So TSWLM is really appropriate.
    5914-orig.jpg?itok=XshPdpMu
    Blu ray is in and ready to rock!
    @ToTheRight reporting for duty.
    I will be watching my digital version on Prime Video, will give it several minutes before we start for anyone else who wants to join in.
  • I'm going to be able to join for a bit! Very much looking forward to it!
    I will be watching my digital version on Prime Video, will give it several minutes before we start for anyone else who wants to join in.

I've the Blu-ray this time.
    I have the film paused on the MGM logo ready to go.
    I have the film paused on the MGM logo ready to go.

Same here
    Do you want to count us in ToThe Right?
    I'm going to be able to join for a bit! Very much looking forward to it!

Great stuff! The Moore the merrier!
    Do you want to count us in ToThe Right?
    I'm going to be able to join for a bit! Very much looking forward to it!

Great stuff! The Moore the merrier!

No problem.................

less than a minute........
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    My Blu-Ray from the BOND 50 Box set is ready to go!!!!
    ...........and rolling