The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Lea looks gorgeous....again and again!
    The Meteor Room!
    Great intro for Blofeld!
    "Touch it..you can touch it if you want!" Ooh, er, Missus!
    Christoph Waltz is a great actor! But he has done this villain role. It would have been better to cast someone unexpected! Not sure who though?
    The torture sequence! From the 'Colonel Sun' novel!
    I really must get that book! I dont like the Gardiner or the ithe other follow up authors, but I heard this does Fleming justice!
    When I think of Blofeld in DAF when he instructs his minions to search Bond right up to the last follicle on his head.....here Blofeld leaves Bonds exploding watch with him!
    Blofeld gets blown out of his socks.....oh wait...he's not wearing any!!
    Biggest explosions!!
    Think the ones at the end of LTK were more impressive!
    "Its not over yet!" says Bond, but it should have been! Big mistake to return to London!
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,953
    Still really enjoy this movie....up to this point, and that's nearly 2 hours more than some Bonds, but even though there is still a couple of brief good moments to come, am really disappointed with this finale!
    First cool moment,
    Bond getting out of those wrist ties and shooting fhe bad guys!
    Second cool moment
    " Now we know what C stands for!"
    Third cool moment,
    Bond and Madeleine jump into the nets!
    Fourth cool moment,
    That great shot of Bond on the bridge as he walks away from Blofeld at the end!
    Nice one, Hoyte!
    And so Bond and Madeleine drive off!
    Little did we know we would have such a long wait to see what becomes of their relationship!!
    Really enjoyed this viewing, even the final section this time!
  • Great write-up @Mathis1! Just wondering, what do you think of Newman's "original" score?
    Great write-up @Mathis1! Just wondering, what do you think of Newman's "original" score?

Gosh, i didnt even mention it, did I?
    That says a lot about it, doesnt it? 😆
  • Mathis1 wrote: »
    Great write-up @Mathis1! Just wondering, what do you think of Newman's "original" score?

Well it's the only thing I really don't like in Spectre so it sticks out to me a lot :))
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Well it's the only thing I really don't like in Spectre so it sticks out to me a lot :))

To be honest, I wasnt keen on his SF score either, so maybe thats why I was indifferent second time around!!!
  • Mathis1 wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »

To be honest, I wasnt keen on his SF score either, so maybe thats why I was indifferent second time around!!!

Yeah his SF score was very similarly repetitive. I do like the "New Digs" track though.
    The music didn't bother me on my last viewing. I do wish we'd get a little more Bond theme interwoven here and there. It's great during the PTS as Bond is walking along the rooftops.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    The music didn't bother me on my last viewing. I do wish we'd get a little more Bond theme interwoven here and there. It's great during the PTS as Bond is walking along the rooftops.

Yes, it is
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN

Sir Sean's birthday today and this is one I felt like popping in.

Watching the earlier 2000 DVD before it got the Blu-ray treatment back in 2009.
    The audio levels are quite a bit lower than the later transfer, however the colors are more vivid here.
    I love the Shrublands fight with Lippe. Great stuff. The wonderful Pat Roach.
    Pettachi's false eye is pretty disgusting actually. I remember that moment looking pretty creepy in the cinema.
    The music as the missiles are loaded doesn't quite have the John Barry suspense.
    However the jazz that plays in Pettachi's car is rather catchy.
    I love the music in Domino's dance studio. It's pretty damned funny.
    HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

You must be Mister Bond, right????????????

That

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

reminds me of Seinfeld.
    Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers on the dance floor.
    I like the Styrofoam the motorbike is encased in.
    The bit in the tunnel as Bond if forced into the back of the semi is great.
    The Fatima demise is a wonderful scene, She refers to herself in the third person.........just like Truman-Lodge in another SEINFELD episode this film reminds me of.
    Okay, I'm popping in the other DVD to compare the Fatima death scene.
    The later version is certainly sharper. Edge enhancement maybe?
    Hmm. Maybe this is the better version afterall?