The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I must say, good color palette here. The warm yellow/ gold hues compliment the surroundings, whereas in SP it seems to mute the atmosphere.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years the films gets a remastered edition on whatever format is popular in 2037- and ends up tinted blue as per that crummy OHMSS release in '06.

Then the next generation of forum members can argue which version looked the most like the cinematic prints back in 2012.
    Severine seduction...........

if she had her Beretta, and Roger were here he could have said "a water pistol?".
    Beginning of "The Scooby Gang syndrome". After the shower we cut to Mallory and M
    By the next film it would seem every other scene is a Scooby Gang scene.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 15,818
    Aboard the ship heading towards the island.............again good colors reminiscent of the early 3 strip Technicolor process.
    For those who haven't seen any golden age Technicolor films on the big screen (Adventures of Robin Hood, Gone With The Wind, etc) the colors really pop and the flesh tones are spot on. SF in many scenes has that quality.

Silva!

Bip Bip
    oof

Birdleson wrote: »
    It's a cool fight. The only reason it doesn't quite go to the top tier for me is that it is so blatantly choreographed.

I thought i was the only one who thought that.
    That fight in SF has garnered a lot of praise on here but i've always had that opinion. Its waay too choreographed! The moves are blatantly telegraphed. SP train fight slays it imho.
    I like Bardem's villain a lot, however I do feel the writers could have given him a stronger name. Silva sounds ordinary, like a villain's name in a 1980's Cannon Film or something. Oh well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Love how the Bond theme plays in the background when Draco insists that all Tracy needs "is a man to dominate her." :))

It sounds sinister, too, probably because of the line's politically incorrect nature.
    Absolutely. There was a member here who in fact did take offense to that (I can't remember who now).
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It's a cool fight. The only reason it doesn't quite go to the top tier for me is that it is so blatantly choreographed.

I thought i was the only one who thought that.
    That fight in SF has garnered a lot of praise on here but i've always had that opinion. Its waay too choreographed! The moves are blatantly telegraphed. SP train fight slays it imho.
    I've always felt it was intended to be that way. Staged and artsy. Like the opera chase in QoS. Not intended to be realistic or visceral but rather a moody and exaggerated visual & auditory statement.
    The Patrice fight is very pretty to look at. In a way the visuals do call attention to itself. Whereas the staircase fight in CR is more in the moment.

Tunnel sequence...........possibly my favorite section of SF.........
    For the sake of variety, perhaps B25 could not have a scene where Bond has an earpiece and is chatting with MI6 while in pursuit.

OPEN.....THE DOOR..........
    M getting reamed out in court setting..............Tanner has some amazing facial expressions here.............
    Bond decides to take a jog in the middle of the street.
    Court battle sequence...............Mallory, Moneypenny, and Bond all participating in the action........and what's Tanner doing? Hiding under the table.
    Aston Martin!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!
    Tanner having a drink with Q after his big court fight. He's had a rough day.
    I like the Scotland section..............Albert Finney -one of my childhood actor heroes.
    I wonder if Bond keeps some extra clothes packed in the truck of his Aston Martin? Or did Kincaid happen to keep some outfits in the closet just in case Bond were to come back some day?
    Either way, Danny looks cool in that jacket, scarf and blue sweater.
    Skyfall night battle...............Silva arriving by helicopter............well we get an idea on SIlva's taste in music there.
    The shot of Silva walking towards Skyfall with his buddies behind him kind of reminds me of Denis Leary in Judgment Night. Maybe it's the haircut and black jacket?
    Bond's Aston destroyed. I think he should have had a Lotus in the garage as a back up.
    Instead of the obligatory villain's headquarters being blown up, we get Bond's headquarters blown up here. Twice actually ! Once at MI6 and here. That tweaking of formula I don't mind and I love it here.
    Gunbarrel ! Finally!

Great viewing of SF. I'd up it in my rankings, but I think I did recently.
    Cool. I love SF; it hasn’t left my Top 5 since I first saw it in 2012.
    I always have a blast with it too and it's been a firm fixture in my top 10 since its release. It's not going anywhere soon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I like Bardem's villain a lot, however I do feel the writers could have given him a stronger name. Silva sounds ordinary, like a villain's name in a 1980's Cannon Film or something. Oh well.

Not sure at all why he couldn t just be Tiago Rodriguez? In both Mendes films, the main villain has an unnecessary alias.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Not sure at all why he couldn t just be Tiago Rodriguez? In both Mendes films, the main villain has an unnecessary alias.

Indeed. I prefer that name as well. I dislike the alias bit- feeds fuel to the code name theory.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Mr. White, Mr. Green(e) and Mr. Silv(a)er
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yeah, I was going to post something similar. Silva/Silver.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yeah, I was going to post something similar. Silva/Silver.

Rauls Royce Silva Shadow.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Nice. Now there are just two more Bond films to connect Silva to.