The Youtube Thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Nice track and nice video, @MayDayDiVicenzo . Feels like Christmas, but not quite.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Classic 1961 historical epic with Charlton Heston and Sophia Loren:

https://ok.ru/video/353105873550

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,369

EL Cid is a great movie, I grew up on Heston films like the epic Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments and Khartoum. I need to get the latter on Bluray as well as EL Cid.

EL Cid is a great movie, I grew up on Heston films like the epic Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments and Khartoum. I need to get the latter on Bluray as well as EL Cid.

Me too. And The Big Country.

I think Sophia Loren is my favorite of Heston's leading ladies:

856d9c000aa96370b71d03337f960e83.jpg

I rank Heston's Don Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar & Loren's Dona Jimena alongside the likes of Rhett & Scarlett and Rick & Ilsa when it comes to great classic movie couples.

Plus, that magnificent score by Miklos Rosza(Ben Hur and King of Kings):

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I rank Heston's Don Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar & Loren's Dona Jimena alongside the likes of Rhett & Scarlett and Rick & Ilsa when it comes to great classic movie couples.

Amazingly I have only watched EL Cid on VHS and TV I recall the VHS I had with a dull colour pallette, I really should get this film and revisit it.

Loren was stunning I remember watching her in The Fall of the Roman Empire also that was in the 80's, though that film was a laboureous watch I recall.

I had the Ben Hur Soundtrack on vinyl in fact I think I still have it I'll try to find it.
    @PrinceKamalKhan these are the only LP's I have left,, all great scores Ben Hur is epic one of the best soundtracks ever composed.

DSC_0025.JPG
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    @PrinceKamalKhan these are the only LP's I have left,, all great scores Ben Hur is epic one of the best soundtracks ever composed.

DSC_0025.JPG

Agreed. You have Elmer Bernstein's The Ten Commandments score as well. That's another impressive Heston film soundtrack.

Amazingly I have only watched EL Cid on VHS and TV I recall the VHS I had with a dull colour pallette, I really should get this film and revisit it.

Loren was stunning I remember watching her in The Fall of the Roman Empire also that was in the 80's, though that film was a laboureous watch I recall.

That's also on youtube at the moment:

Interesting trivia. Samuel Bronston initially wanted Heston to play the role eventually played by his Ben Hur nemesis Stephen Boyd. Also, when I saw Gladiator for the first time I thought it seemed very familiar then I realized midway through it's a remake or semi-remake of the 1964 Bronston epic.

edited August 2018 Posts: 23,369

DSC_0025.JPG

Agreed. You have Elmer Bernstein's The Ten Commandments score as well. That's another impressive Heston film soundtrack.

That's also on youtube at the moment:

Interesting trivia. Samuel Bronston initially wanted Heston to play the role eventually played by his Ben Hur nemesis Stephen Boyd. Also, when I saw Gladiator for the first time I thought it seemed very familiar then I realized midway through it's a remake or semi-remake of the 1964 Bronston epic.

I need to watch remastered versions of these older epics, I recently bought alot of classic war movies on Bluray and was pleasantly surprised by the digital restorations.

Good spot regarding Gladiator and Fall of the Roman Empire, alot of similar themes run through many of these Epic movies.

Hasten to add I did not watch the recent Ben Hur remake of a remake, the modern take looks poor from the trailers I saw.

I have come across a few nests myself though nothing like this.
    @PrinceKamalKhan , thanks for that YouTube link to The Fall Of the Roman Empire. I bookmarked it for a later watch.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns here is another pest control video.

@PrinceKamalKhan , thanks for that YouTube link to The Fall Of the Roman Empire. I bookmarked it for a later watch.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns here is another pest control video.

I remember this cartoon can't beat them, I have some of the cartoons on dvd somewhere I thought it was on the movie dvd boxset though they are not.
    The ones from the 60s and 70s are pure gold.
    The ones from the 60s and 70s are pure gold.
    The only ones worth watching.
    Hasten to add I did not watch the recent Ben Hur remake of a remake, the modern take looks poor from the trailers I saw.

I had no desire to see it other. IMHO, it was done right back in 1959 and I can't picture any actors playing those characters from the 1959 film. I did buy the 2003 animated version of it where Heston reprised his role doing the voice of Ben-Hur but I haven't watched it yet.

You're welcome.

For more Heston, check out this film co-starring CR '67's "Sir James Bond" himself aka David Niven and Bond series vets Walter Gotell and Eric Pohlmann:

For more Sophia, check her out in this seventies disaster film co-written by Bond series veteran Tom Mankiewicz:

Incidentally, both of these films feature Ava Gardner also.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,291

Where is this taken from?

:))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    His special effects budget has improved. =))
    Murdock wrote: »

His films are crazy lol
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

His films are crazy lol

I've only seen bits and pieces of them from Red Letter Media. :))
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,369

His films are crazy lol

I've only seen bits and pieces of them from Red Letter Media. :))

They reviewed one of his films on Best of the Worst I was in hysterics, I was compelled to look at some of his other films, totally barking :))

Edited: Just found the Best of the Worst review of Double Down Max Landis is on this one, Breen is obsessed with Laptops and tins of tuna in his films. :))
    Is that meant to be serious?

That bit when Pink Panther throws the Little Man down the hole nonchalantly... :))