Best moments in your least favorite Bond film

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited November 2016 Posts: 8,034
    The elevator fight with Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever springs to mind.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Silva's dying scene in Skyfall, the bloody most hilarious scene of the franchise, I'm in stitches every time I see it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TWINE: The ending credits. I always feel an overwhelming sense of relief, in those instances when I'm able to get that far.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Bond's dialogue with M in the last scene of TMWTGG.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Bond sneaking through Krests warehouse.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The first half of DAD up until Iceland.
  • Bang!!! I never miss... TWINE
  • The elevator fight with Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever springs to mind.

This, as well as Bond's ascent up the Whyte House, and Blofeld joking that the destruction of Kansas would go undiscovered for quite some time.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    TWINE - Bonds' killing of Elektra.
  • GBFGBF
    Probably the Q scene in Die another day. I still think Cleese would have been a good successor of llewelyn.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    QOS: While I dislike the film immensely, that last scene in the desert, has a satisfying feel to it.

• GBFGBF
    QOS: While I dislike the film immensely, that last scene in the desert, has a satisfying feel to it.

Back in 2008 I really wished Greene left Daniel in the desert and we could have had a new Bond for Bond23.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    John Barry space theme - Moonraker.
    Discounting NSNA and CR'67

Die Another Day - sword fight, Title Sequence, car chase on ice (would be even better without the MTV editing style)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    GBF wrote: »
    Probably the Q scene in Die another day. I still think Cleese would have been a good successor of llewelyn.

He was perfect.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The elevator fight with Peter Franks in Diamonds Are Forever springs to mind.

This, as well as Bond's ascent up the Whyte House, and Blofeld joking that the destruction of Kansas would go undiscovered for quite some time.

Some glimpses of goodness in an otherwise rubbish entry.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Die Another Day - sword fight,
    Agree with this. An outstanding encounter, despite the severe pouting between the two combatants.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    DAF

The fight in the elevator.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    MR: the PTS minus the ending.
  • The scene is so bad it's good, find this hilarious...

edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @fire_and_ice, that scene always seems to be a caricature of the similar intro scene in NSNA for me, I've always thought that DAD was homaging it. They jump to a vigorous sex scene shortly thereafter in both entries as well.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,432
    @bondjames now you mention it, it is very similar to the scene from NSNA never considered that previously.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @fire_and_ice, even Jinx's dive from the top of the cliff in Havana is reminiscent of Bond and Domino jumping with the horse at Largo's location in Palmyra in NSNA.

If I recall correctly, a boat picked them up in both instances.
  • @bondjames I think you are right I remember the boat, I must confess I have only watched NSNA a few times in last few years the film never grabs me like Eon films. It's a film everytime I watch it I forget how it ends, I do like the sequence of Bond finding Nicole dead and subsequent Chase.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2016 Posts: 2,721
    DAD - having rewatched this recently I intentionally looked out for scenes I liked.

- I've always liked the visual element of the opening titles - (but the song ruins it.)
    - the sword fight. (Although I'll never know how they showed the restraint to just let this go without packing it with one liners.)
    - Bond entering soaking wet into the hotel. Very Roger Moore.
    - the Cuba medical centre scene from Bond entering until Jinx's green screen dive. I was surprised at how much I was invested in the snooping around by both bond and jinx - but it is telling that their best scenes are when they're separated.
    - I actually like the Q/Bond scene. I think in general Cleese has a much better handle on the character in DAD than in his tone deaf introduction scene in TWINE.

One caveat change to my DAD positives. And sorry to add a 'negative' to this thread but...
    - I've often said Rosamund Pike was the best thing in this film - but on rewatching it is she's actually not that good. In general as an actress I think she's excellent - and I've often thought if she was cast as Christmas Jones it would improve TWINE exponentially. But Miranda Frost as a character is actually not as strong as I initially thought. That mashed in scene with M and her telegraphed, ridiculous seduction of Bond not to mention the logistics of her character's deception. I only mention it because until last watch she would appear in this positive list immediately for me.
  • - the sword fight. (Although I'll never know how they showed the restraint to just let this go without packing it with one liners.)

-"Rattling the saber, are we?"
    -"You should know, isn't that your forte?"
    -"Your rapier wit is slaying me. To the hilt."
    -"Good to know, I was on the fence about that one. Thought I'd take a stab at it anyway."
    -"Always knew you could hack it. Must be that sharp mind of yours. Still I'd hate for you to lose your nerve and epee your pants in front of everyone."
  • TB: First, Bond being actually defeated by Locque and saved only after a desperate plea for help. Then, the Junkanoo, crapping dog included. Such a seriously tense scene. These two moments show that Connery's Bond is still human and can be scared shitless, a thing we see a lot in the novels but not in the movies.

DAD: Bond entering the clinic room and casually wishing a good day to the family inside, who happily wish the same to Bond. All the audience laughed histerically to that when I saw it for the first time,
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Brosnan meeting M in GE (he is my least favourite Bond actor). Brosnan in the hotel room with Paris (and waiting for her). Brosnan knocking out Onattop.
    The interrogation scene in TLD.
    The car chase in the snow.
    And I am partial to Bond v Whitaker at the end of the film.

Also the PTS is pretty awesome.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The interrogation scene in TLD.
    The car chase in the snow.
    And I am partial to Bond v Whitaker at the end of the film.

Also the PTS is pretty awesome.

See, you like it more than you thought..! ;)