BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

Really, it just show how difficult it is to make a top ten ranking!

And that's the fun of it all :-D. You're being.....'forced' to put 16 films out of your TOP 10 hehe.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    lol
    I was talking about more representative compared to the general consensus out there.
    lol
    I was talking about more representative compared to the general consensus out there.

And what is the general consensus in here then :-P?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    GE will be in the top ten (tragically).

Spot on.
    lol

And what is the general consensus in here then :-P?

Brosnan is crap and should never have happened, Craig is the Saviour of the world :P
  • GBFGBF
    TND is like TMWTGG a film that few People really dislike. However, TND is also so generic that it does not stand out very much and is therefore Not in the top10 very often.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Well, I'm shocked that TWINE best those two. Sad to see DAF go so low.
    Same here. It's personally very disappointing to see TWINE higher than the bottom to be quite frank.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Oh damn, I was hoping that TND would climb a little higher.
    "out there" whatever it means, TND is generally on spot 17 in rankings. I'd say that's where it ends up most of the times.

But hey, the 120 voters have spoken. Maybe they will be kind to QOS then, that would warm my heart.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Oh damn, I was hoping that TND would climb a little higher.

I've always considered TWINE the more intelligent, more complex Bond film as compared to TND :-). One simply has to adore the PTS of TWINE. IMO the best of the Brosnan-era. And the Bond-Elektra relationship is executed wonderfully. And a good preparation to the later Bond-Vesper relationship.

Perhaps GE is the best Brosnan-film, but I do believe that Brosnan's portrayal of Bond works best in TWINE. In fact, I consider it Brosnan's best outing as Bond. It's emotionally rich, and Brosnan doesn't come across so 'macho'.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This thread is turning into the elimination games where members get upset when folks vote a certain way. This isn't supposed to be representative of the world, it's supposed to be representative of this forum and its tastes when it comes to Bond. So far, this fits.

I expect TWINE and MR coming soon. After that it'll be more interesting as only good to great to magnificent Bond films are left beyond this.
    wLlHgpT.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Sounds about right.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Yes, nothing too different from my own ranking thus far. Almost 100% the same films, just in different order.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Moonraker seems to have fared well, where TND, not as much as I thought it may have done, especially as TWINE is still to be ranked here.
    TWINE and QOS will be next, unless there will be another random slip in the statistic.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,347
    Thoughts on recent developments:

First off bravo to @Gustav_Graves for creating a triumphal success of a game. I was skeptical of how this would turn out at the start, and while I am often in the minority against consensus opinions (RIP Moonraker!), I can't help but wait in anticipation to see how the results pan out for each film.

It is a nice change-up from the elimination games, which are also fun, but usually you see the end results coming from a mile away and it's just a matter of letting time elapse. There are already surprises from me on this and the scoring system is different and adds an unknown.

I wouldn't mind seeing this style of game implemented for other main ranking categories (villains, bond girls, henchmen, etc). Well done again GG!

24 - DAD: No surprises here and for the first time DAD is now at the bottom of my rankings as well. It's very close and likely to bounce between 22-24, but unlikely to ever achieve higher.

23 - TMWTGG: First surprise for me. I expected TMWTGG to be in the 15-18 range given the reverence that Christopher Lee pulls around these parts. His performance must earn a lot of 11-15 rankings, but few top 10s.

22 - AVTAK: No surprise for me. While this film has started to get a little more support than it did in the 00s, it will always be critiqued for its generic plot and old Rog.

21 - DAF: Spent a solid 2 years at the bottom of my rankings and was the one film that I could never understand how someone would put it #1. Now I get it. This film has a lot of fun things going for it and it has risen a solid 4-5 spots in my ranking within the last year. Cheers to @timmer for putting DAF in the top spot.

20 - TND: Surprise number 2! Not a big surprise, but I certainly expected TWINE to be below it.

19 - MR
    : Alas, my personal favorite. Fairing a bit better than I expected, as I was keeping up with the thread, I was pleased to see @fjdinardo @chang @Parents_of_Bond @SaintMark rank MR so high, along with others that gave it votes. Was hoping it would beat out TWINE, SP, and QoS, but I know QoS has it's ardent supporters.

Looking forward to 18!
    Three of Rogers movies already appearing! Am quite shocked at TMWTGG is positioned. I really thought AVTAK would be below it! It will be interesting to see where OP finishes!
    No surprises at TND and DAD of course! Can we safely declare it worst (official!) Bond movie ever?
    LzqRJZ1.jpg
    Blimey, another surprise! Mind you the last few times i watched YOLT, i really struggled.I t was a bit of a drag, spectacular and all that it is! Maybe its because most fans acknowledge that Connery does indeed look tired of the role!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    YOLT does suffer from being overblown.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited October 2016 Posts: 732
    First real surprise to me (YOLT, that is)! It ranks quite low within my own list - but I thought it would have more fans than it actually has and shows. I loved it in younger years - today it's kind of a drag to me - yet the sets are still just awesome :-)
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,151
    Thought this may have been, ever so slightly, higher. I know it wasn't going to be the most popular but maybe an extra space or 2 up would have been my guess.
  • GBFGBF
    It is another one of those who have only few die hard fans. As you see it hardly has any top5 votes. That's why it suffers in this game where only the top10 is counted. I guess only very few people had this film in their bottom 5 list.
    Shocker!! I'm surprised there was not one first or second place vote as in the past Ive interacted with at least a handful of bond fans who had YOLT as their favorite.

YOLT has gone down a bit in my rankings in recent years. I love all the stuff in Japan and the volcano lair. It's the latter half of the second act that loses me (little Nellie through the marriage).
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    "out there" whatever it means, TND is generally on spot 17 in rankings. I'd say that's where it ends up most of the times.

But hey, the 120 voters have spoken. Maybe they will be kind to QOS then, that would warm my heart.

I gave a very generous amount of points to TND but still wasn't able to save it and Die Another Day as well but it went to be at the very bottom. Still i saved for not having any points at all.

Im having Good hopes for The World is not enough it might get much closer to the top 10 than i thought

My next few predictions

17.) TWINE
    16.) SP
    15.) OP
    14.) QoS
    13.) LALD
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Szonana wrote: »
    Im having Good hopes for The World is not enough it might get much closer to the top 10 than i thought
    I can only hope that this is for our amusement and disbelief.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Pleasantly surprised that TWINE has lasted this long
  • GBFGBF
    Me too. I don't understand all the hate for TWINE. It is a pretty intelligent Bond film if you can overlook Dr. Jones. The plot and its twists are really good. Elektra is great, too. I find it to be much more interesting than the generic TND.