BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote: »

If Brosnan get change to make another Bond movie with his actors i wil go twice to movie. Even with return of Jinx and Falco as villian.

I hope your dream comes true.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Forgive me for being ignorant (or stupid, I'm not entirely sure which adjective applies here); how exactly do you read this?

D1fgQDZ.jpg
    vzok wrote: »
    I think people discount it because it's not an EON film. And then there's McClory to consider, as well, and the classlessness he stands for.

Yep. Must admit that these things make it more difficult to like NSNA as much as one could do. Still entertaining, though.

For many, like me, I don't even think it's that. I know some that can enjoy it, as I can very well, it's just that in this discussion of official Bond films, it doesn't fit the bill, as it's an outside of EON product. I don't think that's a cheap judgement to make, just an honest one.

But it was included in this vote, so this wasn't a vote on just official Bond films. I guess people don't like it that much.

@Gustav_Graves presented an option to vote for it, yes (along with CR 67 and 54), but us, the voters, didn't see any of them as being worthy to be in a Top 10, and even more didn't feel it was a true Bond film in the first place.

Or we just didn't like it.
    81dUQbu.jpg
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I am not surprised :-)
  • HellerHeller London
    Worst of the Eon Bond films, no question. Fully deserves its position.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    It should be beneath NSNA and CR67
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    If I try to look at it objectively I can agree with DAD being last but TMWTGG, DAF, QOS and AVTAK would be strong contenders for the last spot in the ranking for various reasons.
    Even if QOS is my No 9 for instance.
    That is not a healthy development.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Forgive me for being ignorant (or stupid, I'm not entirely sure which adjective applies here); how exactly do you read this?

D1fgQDZ.jpg

@PropertyOfALady, the far right box there is the ranking of Bond films from most votes to last that Gustav did in the past, with GF at the top, followed by CR, FRWL, SF and so on. The left side of the data screen just listed all the films in order and how they were rated in various ways from various outlets.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119

D1fgQDZ.jpg

@PropertyOfALady, the far right box there is the ranking of Bond films from most votes to last that Gustav did in the past, with GF at the top, followed by CR, FRWL, SF and so on. The left side of the data screen just listed all the films in order and how they were rated in various ways from various outlets.

No. It's solely the rankings of major movie critics and film websites. On the right you'll find the totals. The lower the total, the higher it was ranked.
    The lower the average, the higher it was ranked on average.

Stop confusing me!
    The lower the average, the higher it was ranked on average.

Stop confusing me!

It's very simple really. Each placing on that score table is added up.

For instance, that editor of Indiewire gave OHMSS a 1st place, ScreenCrush gave it an 8th place. 1+8 =9. And so on.... All placings added up together.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Did all these sites utilize a mass ranking of the films, I'm assuming? Because it would be hard to judge separate reviews otherwise, given that numerous people post articles on those sites.
    A 1st place plus an 8th place = 9th place?

Netherlands, you must prohibit marihuana smoking in school at least.
    Netherlands, you must prohibit marihuana smoking in school at least.

Where would be the fun in that?!
    Hemp is bad for the plastic industry.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    And for the timber industry.
    But good for the prison industry.
    Probably the healthiest drug. Alcohol is probably the worst, next to heroin. Cheers.
    VTkMPPo.jpg
    TMWTGG is alot better than all the Brosnanfilms. Another scandal.
    TMWTGG is alot better than all the Brosnanfilms. Another scandal.

Yeah, I agree hehehe :-P. Personally, I really like TMWTGG. I was quite stunned that it's in the Bottom 5 now :-(. Perhaps we should prosecute @DaltonCraig007 :-P. *just joking*

@Gustav_Graves, just to make sure I'm reading it correctly, those members with a '12' next to a film rate that as their #1, and those with a '1' next to a film rank it as their #10, yes?
    TMWTGG belongs there no doubt, next will be DAF, QOS and AVTAK for sure.

@Thunderfinger you will be in for quite a few other "scandals".
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves, just to make sure I'm reading it correctly, those members with a '12' next to a film rate that as their #1, and those with a '1' next to a film rank it as their #10, yes?

Yep ;-).

Yet 14 out of 120 voters put TMWTGG in their TOP 10.
    I am sure GE will be the biggest scandal of all.
    I am sure GE will be the biggest scandal of all.

In what way? :-P
    The biggest scandal will be that dreary bore of a film called Skyfall ending up in the Top 10 or God forbid even in the Top 5.
    SF belongs in the top ten. GE belongs in the bottom five.