BOND POLLS 2016: The Top 10 JAMES BOND-007 Film Ranking Contest (Results: winner!, on page 60)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    QOS at 15!! A catastrophe!
    Shame on you people!!
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    I thought QoS would surprise and be higher... as flawed as it is, it still has things to offer (as Daniel said)

QOS at 15!! A catastrophe!
    Shame on you people!!

This is why this topic is already so much fun :-P.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That's three of my Top Ten gone already.

LALD, YOLT and DAF?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    QOS is the only victim for now of my Top 10 although in my revised Top 10 it just fell out. So that Top 10 is still intact.

1 SP
    2 GE
    3 TLD
    4 OHMSS
    5 CR
    6 OP
    7 GF
    8 DN
    9 FRWL
    10 LTK
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Quantum is the first part of my top 10 to go.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    My top ten are still intact.
    I think there are some steady scoring runners coming up next. OP, FYEO and SP
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 3,336
    My top 12 are still in the game :)
    My Top 10 is intact as well. I'm actually surprised SP is 14 or higher. I suspect it's up next.
    I have SP at 14 so that would be fitting
    SP is better than 14 for sure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    My top 10 is still intact. It's likely to fall shortly though with OP or LTK likely coming up soon.
    bondjames wrote: »
    My top 10 is still intact. It's likely to fall shortly though with OP or LTK likely coming up soon.

No, no, no.

OP undoubtably will make the Top 10 !

No, no, no.

It'll be next.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

No, no, no.

I hope! It's sure to be LTK, OP or DN from my top 10 that fails to make the cut here, imho.
  • GBFGBF
    @GG

You are righ of course that the difference is not that big. But, I guess if all votes (also between 11 and 26) counted, LALD would certainly be higher than QoS. Thanks to your great statistics it is pretty obvious. QoS gets much more high votes since there are some die hard Craig fans out there who like this film very much (like my work mate). However, I guess that probably 40 to 50% of the voters have QoS in their bottom five. Hence a top5 vote together with a bottom five vote is not more than two 12th places (typical vote for LALD). However, in your voting scheme. the controvercial QoS scores better than the generally accepted but also less often beloved LALD.
  • GBFGBF
    And please don't get me wrong I don't intend to criticise your very interesting statistics and accounting method. There is absoluitely nothing wrong with it. I just try to find some explanations why some more controvercial Bond films score better on your game than expected.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,444
    I hoped my 10 points wil have made difrence, but not. If i given my 10 points to Twine and LALD 4 points QOS stil end only 1 place above them with 147 points.

On this moment i rated QOS 16/23 but for my new Top 24 i am stil consider to let it return to 14th place (balanced between Spy and LTK). Higher then this i never go with movie. 13th place i only can do if i give Spy more credit (from 13 to 12) and move DAF lower (From 12 to 14). Last time with lower rank i did because i get feeling i under rated Yolt and after Skyfall i not realy have much hope. But Spectre give a litle bit more trust back, not so much as QOS give me some trust back too after DAD aftermatch and CR.
    12 POINTS: FRWL
    10 POINTS: OHMSS
    08 POINTS: TB
    07 POINTS: DN
    06 POINTS: LALD *
    05 POINTS: YOLT *
    04 POINTS: CR
    03 POINTS: TLD
    02 POINTS: LTK
    01 POINT: MR *

That's three of my top ten gone, I like QoS though it slipped out of my top ten. Funny thing is with Bond films I nolonger agree with the top ten I posted CR should be higher in my list. :))
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2016 Posts: 2,721
    I like this - good suspense. LALD was the first film on this list that I gave points to! And the first one that I'm surprised at its position. Although I would have thought SP might not fare as well as this considering the 'controversy' around here on it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have QoS at #5, and that's been the only miss for me, but I refuse to put it middle of the table. I'll suffer from rating SP closer to the top too, but again, I refuse not to.
    The Dalton films won't be ranked as favorably as I have them, either, which is a shame.

My bottom nine are YOLT, LALD, DAF, TWINE, TMWTGG, TND, MR, AVTAK and DAD, which has matched what we've got up to this point, so I'm satisfied. Now only the great ones are left.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Not surprised that LALD was so low, but a shame! Very overlooked entry that starts the era of incredible action pieces. The boat chase scene really took Bond action to a new level and goes very underappreciated!

QoS makes sense in its spot. A lot of people dislike this one, but it has it's cult following as you can see the many top 3 spots it placed here.

Very surprised we haven't seen SP yet, any second now I imagine. My next 5 (ever changing) guess

14.) SP
    13.) OP
    12.) FYEO
    11.) LTK
    10.) GE
  • Disappointed that QOS is so high but certainly not surprised.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I am disappointed (but not surprised) SP is ranking higher than QoS
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    I am disappointed (but not surprised) SP is ranking higher than QoS

Well, I am not surprised at all. I think the general/average consensus is, that SP is (slightly) better than QOS. Film-wise, story-wise and acting-wise.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I am surprised that QOS made it this far. I still have 8 of my top 10 to go.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I think QoS wins out against SP in a lot of areas.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Same here
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I enjoy the fact that the last three Bond films seem the most divisive - after 50 years we're still having heated debates about the series and its latest entries are the ones that are providing the fire!
    I put Sp ahead of QoS in my list, but could easily be the opposite.QoS really is that Bond movie that improves with each viewing. Was expecting it to be near the bottom with DAD, which of course it doesn't deserve to be anyway near that rubbish!