Daniel Craig used to be homeless?

CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
in Actors Posts: 1,003
So I randomly found a ton of articles claiming Daniel Craig was homeless and slept on park benches!
What!! Is this true? Has he ever mentioned this? I knew he worked a lot in restaurants while doing theater but
sleeping on park benches?

http://thechive.com/2014/06/09/celebrities-you-may-have-not-known-were-once-homeless-26-photos/

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/celebrity/ten-actors-who-had-it-tough_5.html


http://www.smashinglists.com/10-celebrities-who-were-once-homeless/

Comments

  • Posts: 1,296
    Come on now now, I don't think this needs to be discussed in a post like this? What is there to
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe Given the circumstances
    Posts: 7,346
    This really doesn't surprise me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Posts: 23,883
    I feel for his past troubles (if true) but from what I've heard and read, he's doing rather well these days (and good for him), so my sympathies are short lived.
  • Posts: 676
    Why does this matter?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 2,998
    I've heard this before and wonder if it is true. If so, homeless-to-Bond is quite an inspiring story of success and turning one's life around.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    I've heard this before and wonder if it is true. If so, homeless-to-Bond is quite an inspiring story of success and turning one's life around.

    Exactly what I was wanting to know!
    So many negative comments. If this is true then it's super inspiring to go from homeless/broke to becoming James Bond. I have been having a Craig Bond marathon and starting to really appreciate his acting.

  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Edited: Poverty builds character and makes you appreciate money if your life changes for the better. Craig has a edge and toughness to him so this would not surprise me.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,510
    There seemed to be conflicting reports on this.

    One report is that DC was sleeping on park benches in 2015, just prior to getting the Bond gig. If I remember correctly, DC denied that he was homeless at that time, and I think he explained that he'd had a late night drinking and passed out in the park.

    But there's some truth to him being homeless when struggling in the 90s.

    What's funny is that some outlets confused these periods and suggested he was struggling and homeless at the time EON gave him the role, which was patently absurd. DC was actually working (on The Invasion) when the announcement was made. In 2005, DC was far from struggling.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 3,333
    When I met Dan, coincidentally when he was filming Lara Croft, he was living in his own pad in Kensal Rise. I believe it was only a one bed apartment which he has since passed on to his daughter. I doubt there's much truth in the "park bench" story, other than he most likely lived in a squat with fellow upcoming artists when first starting out before moving into his own digs. I believe, though I'm not 100% positive, it was the paycheque from Our Friends in the North that afforded him his first property in Kensal Rise. A 1 bed apartment then would've cost about £50,000
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Posts: 3,140
    This is pure rubbish Dan has never been without a home .
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,510
    bondsum wrote: »
    When I met Dan, coincidentally when he was filming Lara Croft, he was living in his own pad in Kensal Rise. I believe it was only a one bed apartment which he has since passed on to his daughter. I doubt there's much truth in the "park bench" story, other than he most likely lived in a squat with fellow upcoming artists when first starting out before moving into his own digs. I believe, though I'm not 100% positive, it was the paycheque from Our Friends in the North that afforded him his first property in Kensal Rise. A 1 bed apartment then would've cost about £50,000

    This.
  • Posts: 4,325
    Kurt Cobain was living in his car when Nevermind was released.
  • Posts: 2,483
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    This is pure rubbish Dan has never been without a home .

    There you go, folks. The matter is settled. We can lock the thread now.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,391
    This stems from a conversation he had while a guest on 'Parkinson'. I can't find the clip, perhaps @Germanlady might know where it is, but if memory serves me correctly, he merely said he crashed on a park bench or two after a night out, and that his mum will kill him, as he makes sound as though he were destitute.
  • CASINOROYALECASINOROYALE Somewhere hot
    Posts: 1,003
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    This stems from a conversation he had while a guest on 'Parkinson'. I can't find the clip, perhaps @Germanlady might know where it is, but if memory serves me correctly, he merely said he crashed on a park bench or two after a night out, and that his mum will kill him, as he makes sound as though he were destitute.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    This stems from a conversation he had while a guest on 'Parkinson'. I can't find the clip, perhaps @Germanlady might know where it is, but if memory serves me correctly, he merely said he crashed on a park bench or two after a night out, and that his mum will kill him, as he makes sound as though he were destitute.


    Yeah I thought it was something like that. I heard it somewhere in an interview.

  • Posts: 1,464
    Wasn't Stallone pretty much homeless pre-Rocky , he talked about sleeping on benches etc ?
  • Posts: 2,483
    Tracy wrote: »
    Wasn't Stallone pretty much homeless pre-Rocky , he talked about sleeping on benches etc ?

    Supposedly because he spent all of his time hawking his script for Rocky.

Sign In or Register to comment.