Hitman (2000-Present) Game Series

13»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    They're all on Steam, yes. And Absolution fits in between Blood Money and Hitman 2016.

Oh ok where should I start what universes are what? @Creasy47

I'd say it's all following the same storyline. The 2016 title is the sixth installment of the series but the first in the new World of Assassination Trilogy. If you really want the whole story, you'd have to start with C47 on the PC.
    They're all on Steam, yes. And Absolution fits in between Blood Money and Hitman 2016.

They are all the same universe as far as I know hitman has never had a reboot
    Risico007 wrote: »

They are all the same universe as far as I know hitman has never had a reboot

This is correct, though I wonder if they won't go that route for the next inevitable installment. I'll be eager to see where they take the series next (though with them working on the next Bond title, I'm sure this won't happen for a very long time).

I'd say it's all following the same storyline. The 2016 title is the sixth installment of the series but the first in the new World of Assassination Trilogy. If you really want the whole story, you'd have to start with C47 on the PC.

@Creasy47 ok 👍

@Creasy47 ok 👍

Keep us posted here, regardless of where you dive in! Those games were a huge part of my childhood (and even my username here) so I'm always excited to see gamers getting into the series for their first time.
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 118

@Creasy47 ok 👍

Keep us posted here, regardless of where you dive in! Those games were a huge part of my childhood (and even my username here) so I'm always excited to see gamers getting into the series for their first time.

Yeah it remains me of Craig's bond or bond in general except he's bald haha 😄
    I've no doubt that Bond's in the right hands with them. I'm eager to see what they bring to the table for his first game outing in way too long.
    I've no doubt that Bond's in the right hands with them. I'm eager to see what they bring to the table for his first game outing in way too long.

Yeah I'm excited too I think they are a good fit. The game will look gorgeous and the game play has the potential to be excellent hopefully we have more news soon but it will probably be a long wait like bond 26 will be.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    I'm curious to know, has anyone seen the Hitman films?
    One was released in 2007 and the other was released in 2015.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2023 Posts: 13,894

I have. And I would suggest not bothering to see them, they are nothing like the games. They are run of the mill action movies. A Hitman film should be modelled on The Day Of The Jackal.

I have. And I would suggest not bothering to see them, they are nothing like the games. They are run of the mill action movies. A Hitman film should be modelled on The Day Of The Jackal.

This. The 2007 version is only better because Olyphant is a brilliant performer, Olga Kurylenko is gorgeous in it, and it sticks much closer to the lore of the games. I did finally check out the 2015 version this year and it's one of the biggest piles of waste I've ever seen. I didn't have a single positive thing to share about it. Past a random marketing shot from Blood Money and the suit/Silverballers, it's like an entirely different, DTV sci-fi script that was translated into the world of Hitman (and not even well).
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 987
    When i first played Blood Money, i found an interesting easter egg:
    Whenever after completing a level, the target will appear on the main menu attending to the funeral.