Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Coming 1984.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/epic-metal-gear-solid-5-e3-trailer-leaks-watch-it-now/1100-6420199/

For those that can view it with other links. Kojima, I like where this is going (apart from Sutherland, its hard to understand him a bit), excellent visuals! Nice music too
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, I'm going to actually give my impressions now. Read the spoiler below.
    Fuck me, that was intense. That was awesome. That was... not as hard to watch as Paz getting a bomb pulled out of her stomach with her goddamn guts hanging out, but, hey, that scene'll be tough to top (even tougher if they hadn't spoiled it in the trailers). I have to say, there was a soldier on the base that looked a little like an older Chico, so my hopes that the hilarious "Chico is Quiet" theory may have been true seem to have been crushed. I'm holding out hope, though.

Speaking of Quiet, she was pretty badass in that brief scene we saw her in. I can't wait to finally see her in action in the full game, but this glimpse was still pretty cool. I'm at a loss for words that it appears that Big Boss is complicit in Ocelot torturing Huey (and likely Quiet, as well). Theirs was a friendship forged by common goals and a belief in Santa Claus, and I was hoping that it would endure as Solid Snake and Otacon's has.

There is but one thing that has me a little angry: why the hell is Skullfuck--FACE! SkullFACE!--building Metal Gear REX twenty years before the Shadow Moses Incident I wanted something that could conceivably come before the TX-55, and seeing a REX, which will probably move, before the creation of what is widely hailed as "the first Metal Gear" by anyone without knowledge of classified materials... No. Do not want, REALLY do not want.

All in all, though, I'm even more psyched for the upcoming release, I want it sooner, and I can't fucking wait.

Spoilers rated M for
    Suggestive Themes
    Language
    Fanboy Rants
    edited June 2014 Posts: 784

OMFG this is gonna be awesome. Take my money now!!!!

Be sure to watch the 30 minutes of gameplay.
    Who else is going to have some outrageous fun using the Fulton system to capture sheep?
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 4,813
    How bout that- the guy who plays Code Talker is the same guy who played Vega in the 1994 Street Fighter movie. The things I notice on imdb....

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2013-Code-Talker.jpg
    Jay-Tavare-Code-Talker-Metal-Gear-Solid-V.jpg
    l.jpg
    The f*ck?! I'll never look at Code Talker the same way I still haven't again!
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Came across this recently- possible alternate looks they were toying with for Solid Snake in MGS4?

1795663_553193791463772_1350092303070246286_n_zps31af38ed.jpg

I actually like 1 & 3
    1 looks pretty much like slightly older MGS2 Snake, 2 looks very Hugh Jackman, 3 kinda looks like Keanu Reeves in 47 Ronin, and I can't put my finger on what 4 looks like...
    1 looks pretty much like slightly older MGS2 Snake, 2 looks very Hugh Jackman, 3 kinda looks like Keanu Reeves in 47 Ronin, and I can't put my finger on what 4 looks like...
    Well 4 is just the regular one :-/
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I like 1 and 2 the best.
    I prefer 1 & 2 myself. 3 looks wrong, 4 looks normal.
    Holy crap-- in case anyone is on the fence on picking up a PS4......

I had Ground Zeroes on the PS3 and enjoyed it- unfortunately the system got the dreaded yellow light of death. It had a good run; I got it in 2007, first generation. RIP.
    Rather than get a new one I took the opportunity and upgraded to a PS4 instead. I re-bought the PS4 version of Ground Zeroes and from the moment the title screen showed up I was astounded at how much better it looked!!!

The 'comparison pictures' you see online don't do it justice. SOOOOOO READY FOR PHANTOM PAIN NOW!!!
    LOL Kojima never fails to come up with the most WTF moments in gaming. Have a look at this video- Big Boss can make your horse poop on command, and when the enemy jeep drives over it, it loses control and flips!

Also it was hilarious seeing BB use the fulton balloons on the sheep, and the entire jeep, complete with two occupants!!
    The fan remake of Metal Gear 1 was cancelled. G*ddamnit.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yep and Hayter was even doing voice work for it too.
    LOL Kojima never fails to come up with the most WTF moments in gaming. Have a look at this video- Big Boss can make your horse poop on command, and when the enemy jeep drives over it, it loses control and flips!

Also it was hilarious seeing BB use the fulton balloons on the sheep, and the entire jeep, complete with two occupants!!

What about when he used the fulton to blow up a fucking helicopter?
    Glad the game is coming to PC. I am looking forward to the ultra high settings to really see how it shines.

• Here's new footage featuring a baby wolf that you can Fulton back to base. It's in Japanese but it seems the wolf is named 'DD'. He's missing an eye just like Big Boss and it's pretty damn adorable
    Yeah I saw the extended quiet clip also where kaz and ocelot try to have tgeir guys apprehend ger and BB shows up like a badass boss on a gloriously MGS1 style sneaking suit ti handle the situation.

Apparantly we should be getting a new trailer tomorrow.
    This game is going to be so awesome. We need a release date now!
    2015. Hopefully nowhere near the date that I need to buy Resident Evil Revelations 2 on.
    2015 isn't good enough, I need a release date!!!
    Well, it's better than that original date that that one trailer showed, 1984.
    Kojima is the ultimate troll master.
    Joakim proved that awhile ago.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 11,139
    TGS stuff in English:

Quiet

DD
    I see nobody has posted this, so I figure I will.

And, Kojima was wearing a tee-shirt that read "Twenty-two and Sixth" (or something like that) in Swedish, possibly hinting at the game's release on June 22nd, 2015.
    I don't mind the wait, that will give them enough time to polish this up. Same thing happened with MGS4 with taking enough time to make sure it was ready....otherwise you get a rushed product and have re-releases like GTA5 and Last of Us trying to make it visual better. Just take enough time the first time around.
    GTA5 and The Last of Us were different, though. Those were released on then-current gen because they were designed for then-current gen, and the PS4/X1 weren't even considered at the time. The Last of Us was in development in 2009, the PS4 wasn't even a thought to them then. GTA5, 2008, right after GTA4. With MGSV, it's being developed on both PS4/X1 and PS3/360, so there won't be a port.

On the subject of that, MGSV is being developed on three consoles that run Blu-Rays, and one that runs DVDs. MGS4 couldn't be on the 360 because it would take 7 DVDs. Since MGSV is a significantly larger game running on significantly better software, how will it fit on one DVD for the 360?