Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Completed Teardown on the PS5 the other day, best $30 I've sunk into a game in a long while. What a blast that was.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,457
    I have played The ABC Murders (I have the other two; First Case and London Case ready). I am not overly keen on the cell-shaded style art of of ABC, but overall it was ok.

I will give ABC a go its only £3 cheers.

---

Just bought for £1 each a few old 360 games from charity shop...

Army of Two
    Wolfenstein
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

It has bee some time since I played any of them.

Also bought Mad Max going cheap in Xbox sale.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have played The ABC Murders (I have the other two; First Case and London Case ready). I am not overly keen on the cell-shaded style art of of ABC, but overall it was ok.

I will give ABC a go its only £3 cheers.

---

Just bought for £1 each a few old 360 games from charity shop...

Army of Two
    Wolfenstein
    Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

It has bee some time since I played any of them.

Also bought Mad Max going cheap in Xbox sale.

For £3 I think it's worth taking a chance on. Mad Max is a good game, but I didn't realise just how good it is, until I watched Fury Road a few months back.

Sniper Elite 3
    I have unfinished business with this game, so I started an Authentic difficulty (minimal hud, full ballistics, no tagging, increased damage from all sources and no saving) playthrough. Lots of sneaking, stabbing, waiting and using my Welrod, I made it through the first mission.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mad Max is quite atmospheric just made my way through the car grave yard, Fury Road is a great action film.
    H2x1_NSwitch_AgathaChristieTheAbcMurders_image1600w.jpg

Enjoyable so far with some decent puzzles with an atmospheric score.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

You did buy it then? Let me know what you think as you play through it.

As it happens, I finished Murder On The Orient Express (2023) this morning. And without giving anything away, I really enjoyed it. The puzzles are well thought out, the contemporary setting works to set this version apart, but the new twist.... I can't make my mind up as to whether I liked it or not. I hope we haven't seen the last of Poirot, we needs more of these sort of games, they're a welcome change of place.

You did buy it then? Let me know what you think as you play through it.

As it happens, I finished Murder On The Orient Express (2023) this morning. And without giving anything away, I really enjoyed it. The puzzles are well thought out, the contemporary setting works to set this version apart, but the new twist.... I can't make my mind up as to whether I liked it or not. I hope we haven't seen the last of Poirot, we needs more of these sort of games, they're a welcome change of place.

I have got up to then end pf B. investigated the death of Betty on the beach, thankfully the puzzles are becoming more challenging. I will likely buy the other Poirot games after, First Cases sooner rather than later as it is still on offer in the sale.

There is enough going on to keep me interested in the story and I don't mind the animation. the elaborate puzzles are amusing in that who would ever own these items lol

Edited: Just purchased Hercule Poirot First Cases, good job I checked as the 75% offer ends in 11 hours.
    Has anyone gone from a Xbox One X to a Xbox Series X, the reason I ask is trying to decide if I will benefit from the upgrade at this time when my TV is 4K and only 60hz? Should I just wait until Xbox Series X2 is released?
    Just completed the Resident Evil 4 remake, my very first playthrough ever of the game. It was a lot of fun but I do think those glowing reviews over the past many years had it overblown in my estimations. I did think it was a bit overlong and some chapters stretched on for too long, but the level design and exploration and variety in enemies was a real treat. Damn good stuff. Going to start my first NG+ playthrough soon in my pursuit of the Platinum Trophy before moving on to the Separate Ways DLC.
    I played the early sections of Resident Evil 4 years ago, but I felt the pace of the game was too slow for my taste. I guess I'm conditioned after years of fast-paced FPS games.
    I think I felt it was very similar to RE: Village too, which I semi-recently played. This one felt like a retread of that (though I know RE4 one came first). Still very fun, already on Chapter 2 of my NG+ knife/pistol only run (while simultaneously avoiding the merchant for that trophy).
    Alekhine’s gun: honestly the last time i played this everyone said its a bad hitman rip off and while they are right its still a lot of fun and entertaining plus the 1940’s-1960’s storyline is really too notch and cool
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Alekhine’s gun: honestly the last time i played this everyone said its a bad hitman rip off and while they are right its still a lot of fun and entertaining plus the 1940’s-1960’s storyline is really too notch and cool

It has its problems but I had a real good time with it. Felt like a more political version of Hitman, albeit quite janky.
    Playing a bit of Jedi Survivor, forgot about this game I have only just acquired force push ability's so a lot of the game to go still.

A giant ice troll monster keeps beating the crap out of me lol I definitely need to evade this enemy.

Edited: I have just hijacked a ATAT walker on Kashyyyk, now this is what I am talking about.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It has its problems but I had a real good time with it. Felt like a more political version of Hitman, albeit quite janky.

The lighting on the xbox one x is almost comical i cant bloody see anything

However i am a spy game guy starved for espionage content

The lighting on the xbox one x is almost comical i cant bloody see anything

However i am a spy game guy starved for espionage content

I do think it's so barebones and has such a small budget that I can't imagine further console generations will make it look any better, this one included.
    Up early this morning so having a blast on Blood Stone before the festivity's begin.
    Super Metroid, for the 4th or 5th time. Might be the best 2D video game ever made.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I’m playing the XIII remake. It was £4 on the PS store. For a cheap bit of nostalgia it does the job. Had a few glitches and bugs but nothing major.
    Mallory wrote: »
    I’m playing the XIII remake. It was £4 on the PS store. For a cheap bit of nostalgia it does the job. Had a few glitches and bugs but nothing major.

I have both versions of XIII on STEAM, only played a few of the early levels of the remake.

FoxRox wrote: »
    Super Metroid, for the 4th or 5th time. Might be the best 2D video game ever made.

I bought Asteroids Recharged the other day for Xbox, you can't beat some of the retro 2D games. Being a kid in the 80's I had a lot of the hand held electronic games.

Mallory wrote: »

I got it for about $7-8 earlier this year on sale on the PS Store and the nostalgia factor alone was worth the price.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Half Life: Darkstar very enjoyable Half Life mod set on the USS DARKSTAR, the game is a lot longer than i was expecting which is great.
    edited January 7 Posts: 23,457
    Bought Fallout 3, I want to get some context for the new upcoming TV show. Fallout 3 is a very bizarre and extraordinary game, I have just escaped the vault.

I am hiding from a giant Radscorpian, there are some seriously dangerous mutated creatures in this game.
    Bought Fallout 3, I want to get some context for the new upcoming TV show. Fallout 3 is a very bizarre and extraordinary game, I have just escaped the vault.

I am hiding from a giant Radscorpian, there are some seriously dangerous mutated creatures in this game.

My favorite installment in the series. I'd love a remaster/60 FPS version of it on the PS4/PS5. I know they're doing a Fallout 4 remaster at some point this year, hopefully in the coming months so it can launch alongside the new Amazon series.

My favorite installment in the series. I'd love a remaster/60 FPS version of it on the PS4/PS5. I know they're doing a Fallout 4 remaster at some point this year, hopefully in the coming months so it can launch alongside the new Amazon series.

i went blindly into the wastelands and ended up fighting a lot and no idea you had to collect caps lol I finally figured out what I should be doing, it took me a while to realize why I was walking so slow.

Finally gone to Megaton and found the sniper riffle. Re traced a lot of my steps to recoup all the caps from people I have killed. I am hooked on the game was playing it past 2am last night, for a 15 year old game its impressive,

I have Fallout Vegas also though will play that after I completed Fallout 3.

I need to check if its the remastered version I have, it probably is at the game looks good. Edited: a remaster of Fallout 3 is due this year apparently.
    Megaton is a really great introduction to the politics and scheming of the world (plus, it's got a dormant nuclear bomb right smack dab in the middle of it. What more could you want?)
    I killed the Overseer when escaping the vault will that impact the overall game? His daughter was not happy lol I need to explore Megaton more, I have already found a Nuke.

Three giant crabs just jumped out of the water and killed me lol
  • edited January 7 Posts: 12,277
    Been absolutely loving the remake of Super Mario RPG on the Switch. I never even played the original version, but top to bottom this remake has been pure joy, and while incredible itself, it stands as a sad reminder of how Nintendo games used to be more magical. I think too much focus has been shifted into making just the technical aspects of games as great as possible, and away from the little things - intangibles, personality, charm - that made the SNES-N64-GameCube era the peak. The NES, while fun, was a tad too simplistic for me overall, while the Wii had a few certified classics but a ton of shovelware, and the less said about the Wii U the better. The Switch has objectively the best library largely thanks to all the remakes and ports, but sadly it is those things I find myself looking forward to more than brand new experiences. Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid Dread are a couple exceptions at least.
    I killed the Overseer when escaping the vault will that impact the overall game? His daughter was not happy lol I need to explore Megaton more, I have already found a Nuke.

Three giant crabs just jumped out of the water and killed me lol

I think past some initial character reactions and a miscellaneous quest later on that'll change depending on whether you killed the Overseer or not, there's nothing major to worry about. His daughter being pissed is about the only difference when it first happens. Later on, it's also different behaviors and attitudes, nothing game-changing thankfully.