what if........... mr white turns out to be blofeld

2»

Comments

• I can't argue the 'Old Men' bit :-))

If only Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon would still be alive...
    Nah. I can't see that happining. If it did happen it would be a letdown.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I think it could happen but I doubt it ever will nor do I want it to ever happen.

Blofeld is done and over. I wouldn't be opposed to a new head baddie blofeld type guy but it is time to move on and use an original character who hasn't been cheesed by Austin Powers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    nick_007 wrote:
    I think it could happen but I doubt it ever will nor do I want it to ever happen.

Blofeld is done and over. I wouldn't be opposed to a new head baddie blofeld type guy but it is time to move on and use an original character who hasn't been cheesed by Austin Powers.

Alongside that, think of how many people who would (somehow) be up in arms because the James Bond films would now be stealing from the 'Austin Powers' movies. You know it would happen.
  • RC7RC7
    I'm still flabbergasted by the number of people who seem to assume Blofeld has to automtically be a bald headed cat lover? Have none of you ever read the novels?

The OHMSS Blofeld of the novels is the greatest incarnation of the character IMO. They've never done Blofeld properly, he has an intriguing back story that is easily updatable.
    When I started this I thought the Craig movies were prequels in a floating timeline. I was wrong so the whole idea is pretty pointless now.

@RC7 I'd started reading the books but I hadn't read the Blofeld trilogy when I made this thread.

As I said in another thread, I'd like to see the YOLT Blofeld on the big screen. He'd just gone completely insane, he was Hitler in Samurai armour. I loved it and it's one of the reasons why YOLT is my favourite Fleming novel.
  • RC7RC7
    @RC7 I'd started reading the books but I hadn't read the Blofeld trilogy when I made this thread.

My comments definitely weren't aimed at the thread, I think Blofeld is up for grabs so having Mr. White turn out to be called ESB is a perfectly reasonable idea. I was merely referring to a couple of other comments above which insinuate Blofeld cannot return. He can return, just not with a slaphead and a persian.
    Is this thread not a little too over the top for yet another Blofeld thread? Mr White is a great charactor all of his own. I just hope he returns with Jesper playing him! [-O<
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RC7 wrote:
    My comments definitely weren't aimed at the thread, I think Blofeld is up for grabs so having Mr. White turn out to be called ESB is a perfectly reasonable idea.

Except you would have to devote half the film to showing how Mr White seized power of Quantum because from all that we've seen of him so far (and I'm sick of repeating this) is that he is an odd job man. Trekking out into the Ugandan jungle to act as middleman for some warlord and Le Chiffre? Executing the errant Le Chiffre? Salvaging a suitcase from a canal? Are these mundane acts something Blofeld would engage in or have one of his minions do?
    And at the Quantum conference at the opera he doesnt say a word whereas Blofeld does all the talking. For him suddenly to be revealed as Blofeld and in charge of the whole shebang would be absolute bullshit.

Frankly its a rubbish idea and now that we are in an era of being able to attract A list talent are people really advocating that casting Jesper Christensen as the main villain is something they would want to see?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 140
    from all that we've seen of him so far (and I'm sick of repeating this) is that he is an odd job man.

So your theory is that Mr. White is really Oddjob? ;)

Seriously, though, I knew I got this White-as-Blofeld theory from somewhere. I must have seen this thread before.

Personally, I feel that this theory seems to make sense at first glance, but less so the more I think about it. It would be an interesting twist, but not very plausible.
    Personally, I would like Mr. White stayed Mr. White. I'm not sure why everyone has to turn into someone. If they want to build White up further just make him Blofelds right hand guy. Plus, we know his identity, he's Larry Dimmick from Milwaukee, Mr. Orange already told us. ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yes, White is just a middle man; a lackey. I feel he's not even a #2 in Quantum at this point. Perhaps he could be promoted up the ranks, but I doubt we'll ever see him as the head of Quantum. Unless he leaves the organization and starts his own. I have to agree with Wizard that if Blofeld were to return in some form he should indeed be played by an A-grade actor. Someone distinguished, with a great deal of presence and the acting ability to match.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    What a crap send off for Blofeld in FWEO too. Bond's biggest threat, the leader of SPECTRE. Does he die in deadly fisticuffs as bullets and debris fly around in his exploding lair? NO. He gets dropped in an incinerator. Tisk tisk.... You don't kill the Joker by sending him off in a car crash do you?

sure its a crap sendoff.. but that's part of it's brilliance... especially when it's creator decides to file a lawsuit and make a rival film against yours, using not only said character, but James Bond as well - and not just any Bond, but Connery.... i like the fact that EON simply discarded the Blofeld character the way they did.... McClory wanted to be a hardnosed sob, EON did it in return... Bond is bigger than Blofeld, and his character is not vital to Bond's continued success..

RC7 wrote:
    My comments definitely weren't aimed at the thread, I think Blofeld is up for grabs so having Mr. White turn out to be called ESB is a perfectly reasonable idea.

Except you would have to devote half the film to showing how Mr White seized power of Quantum because from all that we've seen of him so far (and I'm sick of repeating this) is that he is an odd job man. Trekking out into the Ugandan jungle to act as middleman for some warlord and Le Chiffre? Executing the errant Le Chiffre? Salvaging a suitcase from a canal? Are these mundane acts something Blofeld would engage in or have one of his minions do?
    And at the Quantum conference at the opera he doesnt say a word whereas Blofeld does all the talking. For him suddenly to be revealed as Blofeld and in charge of the whole shebang would be absolute bullshit.

Frankly its a rubbish idea and now that we are in an era of being able to attract A list talent are people really advocating that casting Jesper Christensen as the main villain is something they would want to see?

Exactly. And why mess up two rgeat characters to mix them into one? That is soap opera stuff, as someone said. I want to see White, I want to see Blofeld again (revamped obviously), but not the two as one and the same!