False memories in Bond

13»

Comments

• I used to think the Car jump in TMWTGG was fake, that awful sound effect does it no favours wish they would remove it.

It is very easy to believe that the car jump is fake because it is so perfectly done, it is very hard to believe that something like that can be pulled off in real life.

Rewatched the Bluray documentaries for TMWTGG last week, Hamilton mentioned Cubby thought it looked too perfect therefore unreal. The suggestion of doing it again was quickly dismissed by the stunt driver. Great stunt, terrible sound effect.

Exactly.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Gerard wrote: »
    Yes, she presses the ink release and the mine release buttons.

Thanks! Knew she pushed a button in the car!

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Murdock wrote: »
    There was a time where I thought GoldenEye was the very first Bond movie.

Seriously? Not true in the UK. Bond has always been a cultural icon in the UK despite the production gap. Most people here were just confused by the delay.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    suavejmf wrote: »

Seriously? Not true in the UK. Bond has always been a cultural icon in the UK despite the production gap. Most people here were just confused by the delay.

Sometimes I think that @Murdock still believes that! :)) ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I watched The World Is Not Enough when I was nearing five years of age in 1999. It wasn't until years later (2003) that I watched the film again and started going smooth with the series. But, until that, I used to remember in the Bilbao bank, Bond was wearing his X-Ray sunglasses instead of the detonator one as I remember it being advertised too much.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Well to be fair I was Six years old when I first saw GoldenEye and I'm from the USA where he isn't as widely celebrated. :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Well to be fair I was Six years old when I first saw GoldenEye and I'm from the USA where he isn't as widely celebrated. :))

No, it was just my little (naff) joke, friend as I know you love The Broz. I like him too of course. ;)

That makes sense. In the UK I think we actually like to think Bond actually exists. e.g. last Olympics.

I knew of some people who thought GE was going to be and meant to be the last Bond movie.
    Ludovico wrote: »

I knew of some people who thought GE was going to be and meant to be the last Bond movie.

In the US surely? Not in the UK?
    Ludovico wrote: »

In the US surely? Not in the UK?

In Canada.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 5,131
    Ah right. Why? As GE was a blatant recharge/ relaunch of the franchise.