Let the mayhem begin!
Discussion-wise, that is....
:D

Comments

• SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    jumping across the alligators in LALD.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 40,371
    I rag on it a lot, so here's a good moment: Using the flare to find the way out when trapped under the ice in SF.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    WHat was the point of that exactly? To see which way was up?
  • I think honestly that the intuitive use of the gun of the guard behind him to break the ice beneath and escape from Silva is more worthy of applause.

Jumping across the alligators in LALD is another good moment. Classic, and could only have worked in a Moore film. One of the best Bond moments actually.

My favourites are the Bilbao TWINE escape, using his shoelaces to climb up the cliff in FYEO, and cleverly persuading Goldfinger to switch off the laser in GF.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    The best example is probably the alligator bridge in LALD, because we see Bond's gadgets failing him there and he's forced to rely on himself. Brosnan's Bond was also quite smart in TWINE when he escaped Bilbao in the PTS.

Craig has been quite resourceful as well.
  • Yes, that is exactly what I like about the alligator sequence, because Bond uses his gadget and you expect that that is how he will escape, but then it fails him, and then he has to get away by using the danger itself as a method of escape.

Craig's resourcefulness is very easily summed up by the Madagascar chase in CR, which in addition to being enormously thrilling was also useful in setting up his character.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    A little thing but I always like when George rips the pockets out of his trousers to climb the cable in OHMSS.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    and cleverly persuading Goldfinger to switch off the laser in GF.
    Interestingly, he tried a similar trick while stuck on the conveyor belt in LTK. It worked momentarily, but Sanchez didn't go for it ultimately. Thank goodness for Bouvier showing up when she did.
    Craig's resourcefulness is very easily summed up by the Madagascar chase in CR, which in addition to being enormously thrilling was also useful in setting up his character.
    Agreed. I was sold on his Bond after that, the card game, and his seduction of Solange.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    What about FRWL?

Ok he does use a gadget but you can see Sean's mind working overtime as he tries to engineer a situation where Grant will open the case.

And even getting him to open the case only gets him as far as a fight to the death with a formidable assassin.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sark wrote: »

It was to show where he had fallen through, so he could get out.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Sark wrote: »

It was to show where he had fallen through, so he could get out.
    Yes, otherwise one ends up in the same situation as Stallone's character in Cliffhanger....stuck under the ice freezing to death and being pulled by the current.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I know a lot of fans think otherwise, but the cello case sequence in TLD. Using it as a means of possible escape, shows Bond thinking on his feet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Bond taking a quick second to calculate he will have enough velocity to catch the falling plane in GE's PTS is an extraordinary demonstration of wits mixed with big balls. ;)
    I love to see Bond thinking off the cuff in difficult situations. They should do it more often!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I love to see Bond thinking off the cuff in difficult situations. They should do it more often!
    Bond saying 'Time flies' in Latin was cute, but it was no laser table scene.