nightfire sequel

2»

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Regenerating health is the most annoying aspect in games nowadays in my opinion. It often ruins so much of the fun they once had, for me.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Regenerating health is the most annoying aspect in games nowadays in my opinion. It often ruins so much of the fun they once had, for me.

Regenerating health isn't something that bothers me alot, but I do prefer games when they dont have it. Unfortunatly pretty much every great game has it now.
  • JamesBond wrote:
    I can't find a bad word to say about Activision from past experiences as they gave us some fantastic releases (at the time) such as the Pitfall games, Decathlon and HERO

Showing my age but back in the day they were immense

Well, Call of Duty series spoiled the gaming universe, adding regenerating health, spoiled stories, QTE system, first-person perspective cutscenes.... which I call them disgusting.

NightFire is the top of all video games in the world.

First person cutscenes are one of the things I hate most about todays games
    JamesBond wrote:
    I can't find a bad word to say about Activision from past experiences as they gave us some fantastic releases (at the time) such as the Pitfall games, Decathlon and HERO

Well, Call of Duty series spoiled the gaming universe, adding regenerating health, spoiled stories, QTE system, first-person perspective cutscenes.... which I call them disgusting.

Here here! Nightfire can not be beaten!
  • 00Beast wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:

Here here! Nightfire can not be beaten!

That's exactly how I feel about it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JamesBond wrote:

I'm not going to say COD "spoiled" the gaming universe. Regenerating health takes some challenge away, but it also takes away the tedious search for medpacks that often plagued games back in the day (I speak of Syphon Filter, and, sadly, Doom). My main problem with COD stories is that they're told primarily from the point of view of a briefing/loading cutscene, which is pretty annoying. I prefer to see the characters interact, not quick flashes of a map showing which way the enemy is moving. That said, Black Ops was okay. First COD to tell a story. I don't know what QTE stands for, so I've got nothing on that. I can deal with the first-person cutscenes, but only just because I have other games that don't have first-person cutscenes.

NightFire stands as the best of EA's first-person Bond games (it's superior to AUF only because of story presentation, as gameplay is largely the same, and lords over GERA for reasons I shouldn't have to name), but Everything or Nothing is better than NightFire (if for no other reason than having the real Brosnan).
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

Don't forget about Vigilante 8 games. They rock.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:

And Activision Classics for the PS1, a great compilation of old Atari 2600 games.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
  • oo7oo7
    i'd rather they followed up on bloodstone's loose ends
    Take-Two Interactive is the next Bond buyer. In 2014, Craptivision's license will expire, and Take-Two expressed lots of interest in taking over the 007 license. I just know it. It's not just a hunch, not an expectation. It's complicated. But, I know it. Take-Two will take the rights for developing and publishing a Bond game. That's all. We'll get proper games, once again.
    As much as a lot of us (myself not included) hate what Activision has done to the Bond license, you'd be a f*cking moron to deny that their Bond games have sold to a wider audience than the EA games did.
    I beg your pardon?
  • Isn't Rockstar still a part of Take-Two? I always thought R* would do wonders if they were to develop a Bond game. They've been very good with characters being mo-capped by their actors in a full role. Could be interesting to get at least Craig involved. My ideal Rockstar Bond game would likely be a combination of GTA driving/some freeroam, the weapon physics, cover system, mo cap and run & gun mechanic of Max Payne 3, the investigation/tailing missions of LA Noire (I know, they weren't the developer of that one per se but it's obvious Team Bondi had them help out in certain aspects).

It would at the very least be interesting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Oh, the memories. I haven't touched the original 'Vigilante 8' games in a long, long, long time. Those were incredibly fun.
    JamesBond wrote:
    I beg your pardon?

Overall, Activision's games (QoS, GE2010Wii, Blood Stone, GEReloaded) have been more successful, critically and commercially than EA's. I'm sorry to say, it's mostly because they're COD clones (except Blood Stone, which still has COD elements), but it's still truth.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Not critically. Bloodstone and QOS didn't get as good reviews as Nightfire or Everything Or Nothing.
  • RC7RC7

Overall, Activision's games (QoS, GE2010Wii, Blood Stone, GEReloaded) have been more successful, critically and commercially than EA's. I'm sorry to say, it's mostly because they're COD clones (except Blood Stone, which still has COD elements), but it's still truth.

Sorry to disappoint but EA sold far more units than Activision have.

RC7 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint but EA sold far more units than Activision have.

There are also 8 EA games as opposed to 3 1/2. I read something on some website long ago that compared the individual sales of QOS, GE2010Wii and Blood Stone to those of AUF, NF, and EON, and the only one that actually came close was EON.
    @Agent007391 I will be forgetting about your being offensive at the first time, and just move on. Second, it doesn't matter whether Activision will sell better than EA or not. "Call of Duty" retards are too lot by numbers on this planet, so, they will be buying it. But, true gamers these days are rare, as most of them left the gaming universe when the COD-crap got popular because of some retards. That's why Activision's titles have been sold better than EA's. Tell me if this new Crap Reloaded was better than Agent Under Fire or Nightfire. Tell me if Blood Stone was better than Everything or Nothing.

Well?
  • RC7RC7

There are also 8 EA games as opposed to 3 1/2. I read something on some website long ago that compared the individual sales of QOS, GE2010Wii and Blood Stone to those of AUF, NF, and EON, and the only one that actually came close was EON.

Well whatever you read was incorrect. QoS was the best Activision performer, about 3.5m across all platforms. Same as EoN. AUF and NF both had sales of over 5m. Bloodstone and GE: Reloaded couldn't even break 1m each.

RC7 wrote:

Well whatever you read was incorrect. QoS was the best Activision performer, about 3.5m across all platforms. Same as EoN. AUF and NF both had sales of over 5m. Bloodstone and GE: Reloaded couldn't even break 1m each.

To be honest, I can't remember what the site said about Blood Stone (I honestly can't even remember what the site was, I found it while looking through Google for about three hours, and I wasn't even looking up anything Bond related - it was a totally weird find that day), but I can remember that QoS and GE2010Wii had sales numbers higher than two of the EA games (can't quite remember which two of those three it was, though). Also, GEReloaded wasn't on there yet, as the game wasn't out at the time. I'm pretty sure I found this site in early 2011.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Does anyone know if this is getting close to actually happening?

EDIT: Whoops, sorry about that, I was thinking of another thread on here which was talking about some guys inspired to re-make Nightfire like they did for GoldenEye.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    00Beast wrote:

There's not a chance in hell we get a Nightfire sequel, sorry to disappoint. Look at the opening post, it's only a wish.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

There's not a chance in hell we get a Nightfire sequel, sorry to disappoint. Look at the opening post, it's only a wish.

Yeah, I had mixed up this thread with another, where someone had posted the link to a website where some guys were hoping to make a Nightfire re-make and take suggestions about it from people online.
    Nightfire's rights belong to EA. Like @Samuel001 said, it's impossible we could get a sequel.
    Not necessarily. If Activision contacts EA, they could approve the creation of a Nightfire sequel from Activision, especially considering they don't exactly need to reference Nightfire's story to make it a sequel. Look at OHMSS to DAF - it is a common assumption that Bond is going after Blofeld because he murdered Tracy, but it's never outright stated.