nightfire sequel

edited September 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 12,837
afew years back EA announced they were planning a follow up to nightfire in everything or nothings style. one word. awesome. nightfire was and still is my favourite game of all time. i was so looking forward to that game, but then brosnan stepped down and we got FRWL and (ugh) rogue agent. i was just wondering, next time they're inbetween bonds, would anybody else like to see the nightfire sequel made??? (starring brosnan of course)

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I don't mind as long as it's a good game.

However, we can forget about Brosnan I'm afraid. If any face is used, it'll be Craig's.
  • I'm on your boat, @thelivingroyale. As I have a sequel written for the Nightfire follow up and is named after the project's original title "Phoenix Rising",starring Brosnan in his type of era in 2010s and not like Bourne/Craig dark era. I agree with you 100%. Let's roll in!!!!
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 12,837
    I don't mind as long as it's a good game.

However, we can forget about Brosnan I'm afraid. If any face is used, it'll be Craig's.
    i mean after craig leaves the role and they're inbetween bonds (like when we got connery in FRWL). bear in mind craig is in his 40s so its not like decades will have passed by the time he leaves the role. i love craig but nightfire was brosnans game
  • I'm on your boat, @thelivingroyale. As I have a sequel written for the Nightfire follow up and is named after the project's original title "Phoenix Rising",starring Brosnan in his type of era in 2010s and not like Bourne/Craig dark era. I agree with you 100%. Let's roll in!!!!
    you have it written??? id be really intrested to read it
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 12,837
    i have an idea for "pheonix rising": a group of terrorists are plotting a deadly attack by working with the newly rebuilt pheonix corporation, which is now run by raphial drakes cousin leanardo drake. pheonix have reactivated thier old space station but they plot to stage a terrorist attack with the terrorists, they will destroy the station by using a bomb that will take down the station but not destroy it, sending it crashing onto drakes old private island, which is being used for a peace conference with all the world leaders. pheonix will blame the terrorists and the terrorists will take responsibilty to show the world how dangerous they are. unfortunetly mi6 send bond to investagate the theft of the bomb, leading 007 to uncover the whole plot and save the day from the pheonix corporation once again.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 2,107
    I wish I lived when there was a time when they weren't talking about Bond games. Alas, I was born in -85 and now everyone's talking about the games. Can't we just enjoy the movies as they are? Not thinking how the games should differ from the movies. So far I love the Craig era and don't want some generic Bond games, but games that are true to the current era.
    afew years back EA announced they were planning a follow up to nightfire in everything or nothings style. one word. awesome. nightfire was and still is my favourite game of all time. i was so looking forward to that game, but then brosnan stepped down and we got FRWL and (ugh) rogue agent. i was just wondering, next time they're inbetween bonds, would anybody else like to see the nightfire sequel made??? (starring brosnan of course)
    You are simply awesome!!!! Nightfire IS the best Bond game there was, is, and will ever be! I would definitely want a sequal! One of my friends and I have a common dream of Nightfire being made into a movie one day. Yeah, it would be heavily compared to YOLT and MR, but whatever. It has EPIC potential!
  • I wish I lived when there was a time when they weren't talking about Bond games. Alas, I was born in -85 and now everyone's talking about the games. Can't we just enjoy the movies as they are? Not thinking how the games should differ from the movies. So far I love the Craig era and don't want some generic Bond games, but games that are true to the current era.
    I can appreciate this, I don't play console games so feel a bit left out of discussions such as these, but realize some people have real fun with their buttons and are always eager to see what will be released for each respective game machines etc

Admittedly I did have a few goes on the old PS1 years back when they had TND and TWINE games and back then it was quite difficult to get the hang of and the graphics were a bit questionable but realize today things are considerably improved and much more better than back then, it's just that I don't play them.

Imagine if back in 1979 when I had a Binatone and if the internet was available, I would maybe get involved in an online discussion about how awesome a game of 'block soccer' was.

:-))

It's Just things have moved on now somewhat. :-|
  • I've set the story a few years later from the real NF, Raphael Drake's brother, Winston Drake shows up to take the lead of "Phoenix" corporation, and wants to avenge his brother, by killing Bond. I brought some homage to "Nobody Lives Forever" novel where the main villain puts Bond as a target in the villain world. Well, after surviving ambushes, betrayals, brutal attacks, Bond finally gets to Drake and kill him for good, just like he did to his brother back in "NightFire". The plot involves with nuclear viruses and we see the climax in Australia. By the way, the main Bond Girl is Zoe Nightshade once again.
  • I've set the story a few years later from the real NF, Raphael Drake's brother, Winston Drake shows up to take the lead of "Phoenix" corporation, and wants to avenge his brother, by killing Bond. I brought some homage to "Nobody Lives Forever" novel where the main villain puts Bond as a target in the villain world. Well, after surviving ambushes, betrayals, brutal attacks, Bond finally gets to Drake and kill him for good, just like he did to his brother back in "NightFire". The plot involves with nuclear viruses and we see the climax in Australia. By the way, the main Bond Girl is Zoe Nightshade once again.
    that sounds awesome, i always thought that nightsahde was a movie quailty bond girl.
    When playing through Nightfire, you actually feel like you are inside a Bond movie! I love the characters, the locations, and the plot. All of them weave together very nicely. The cutscenes are actually enjoyable to watch, especially when Kiko gets fried in the exhaust pit!
  • When playing through Nightfire, you actually feel like you are inside a Bond movie! I love the characters, the locations, and the plot. All of them weave together very nicely. The cutscenes are actually enjoyable to watch, especially when Kiko gets fried in the exhaust pit!
    i liked the cutscene where the snowmobile smashed throught the helicopter. and the cutscenes in the pheonix fire level are awesome, especially when dominique dies and bond rolls of the roof, and at the end when bond is being shot at and alura crashes in out of no where.
    @thelivingroyale: Exactly! Those are really epic! I also enjoy the one at the beginning of Chain Reaction where we see Drake pretending to be a devoted enviromentalist to the reporter, but secretely calls Rook to assemble the snipers; also, the end bit where Bond knocks out the sniper and takes his rifle is pure Bond!
  • @thelivingroyale: Exactly! Those are really epic! I also enjoy the one at the beginning of Chain Reaction where we see Drake pretending to be a devoted enviromentalist to the reporter, but secretely calls Rook to assemble the snipers; also, the end bit where Bond knocks out the sniper and takes his rifle is pure Bond!
    yeah that was awesome, the cutscenes in space are also really cool. And bonds flirting with nightshade was the equivalent of a moneypenny sequence imho. The cutscenes on paris prelude and the exchange are awesome.
  • NightFire is my Number One Best James Bond Video Game. It makes you feel 100% that you've been launched inside the 007 universe.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    As much as I liked NF, as was shown with Cold Winter (my favourite FPS / one of my favourite games), some games are better left as standalone. So no, I don't think there should be a sequel to NF.
  • well, not a direct sequel, but at least a follow-up, post-Craig era, returning of Brosnan's tenure as 007 in Bond's persona and the universe.
    Brosnan has had his run. If they should and could use any former Bond, they should try to use one of those chaps, who are in their autumn years. Like Moore.
    I wouldn't want any other Bond actor to take Brosnan's place in a Nightfire sequal. It wouldn't be Nightfire without him!
  • I wouldn't want any other Bond actor to take Brosnan's place in a Nightfire sequal. It wouldn't be Nightfire without him!
    agreed, its bad enough they did the goldeneye game without him
    @thelivingroyale: Exactly! That was quite disappointing. They really butchered the original plot to seem more "relevant" to the present day. Honestly, did the original plot have anything wrong with it? Does it outdate itself now? No, it didn't! Xenia shot Ourumov, Boris wasn't even present, Zukovsky was killed by Xenia, and so on.
    That's true.
    @JamesBond: It just takes away the originality and the real quality of the original movie with the newer changes to the plot. However, the gameplay is really awesome, and the online multiplayer is perfect for a guy who doesn't want to pay for Xbox Live!
    Well, the thing is, when you change something from a project that changes its aspect, it gets spoiled. For example, the death of Zukovsky is GE2010 was a complete homage to Jason Bourne type films which I personally hate. Its dark concept likewise in Craig's films were awful. I mean all of us expected GE2010 to be better than Bloodstone, but the opposite happened. Just imagine if they put someone else in OHMSS instead Lazenby, o hell no, the role was specially written for Lazenby and that could spoil the legendary film.
    I quite liked Nightfire, had quite a good intro, the game was generally very well made and the graphics for the time was good. I thought the multiplayer was a lot of fun and there's one bit in the game which is hilarious. It's when you're in the snow cabin I think and the CIA agent turns to Bond, lowers her voice and says "you touch me in all the right places" or something like that. It's comical as anything. Anyone remember it? The only thing was getting used to Pierce Brosnan voiced by Maxwell Caulfield.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The greatest thing about this game is that the Multi-player allows you to play alone. You don't need a brother/friend to play, this is just awesome.
    That's why i included some missions of this game in my project "Hellfire". This game is good, it could be re-launched in HD like Goldeneye. No doubt it would sell as well as Blood Stone.
  • Since Activision handled the 007 license we saw Call of Duty games and not Bond games.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    JamesBond wrote:
    Since Activision handled the 007 license we saw Call of Duty games and not Bond games.

[x2]
  • I can't find a bad word to say about Activision from past experiences as they gave us some fantastic releases (at the time) such as the Pitfall games, Decathlon and HERO

Showing my age but back in the day they were immense
  • I can't find a bad word to say about Activision from past experiences as they gave us some fantastic releases (at the time) such as the Pitfall games, Decathlon and HERO

Showing my age but back in the day they were immense

Well, Call of Duty series spoiled the gaming universe, adding regenerating health, spoiled stories, QTE system, first-person perspective cutscenes.... which I call them disgusting.

NightFire is the top of all video games in the world.