The General Music Thread

1777879808183»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
  • AWMAWM
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 15 Posts: 13,410
  • AWMAWM
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'll share some of the amazing music I've been reveling in this year, mostly recent stuff.

Chromeo - (I Don't Need A) New Girl (2023)

Love Chromeo, been fixated since experiencing 'Needy Girl' back in 2005, and their sound has been very consistent. Classy fellas every time. In this clip, the guys cruise the streets in a miniature low rider. Cool effects with the seamlessness of micro/macro and fish-eye lens. Tight song too. Standout lyric: Let's talk about loyalty, instead of lawyer fees

Some Nia Sultana with 'Ambience' (2021). It's sensual and luxurious. Her flow is silky and the lyrics impressive. Nia drives back to her place, gets changed and then pours a drink. It's at this point when the vibe gets a little more arm-bee-aunt as Nia dances, imagining her partner being there. The activity in the clip seems low key, but somehow all so captivating to watch. Relatable lyric: your friends told you I'd be a good look for you - you can't force that; Inspirational lyric: No need to go anywhere, room feelin' like a palace

Ha Vay, with 'Baby I'm The Wolf' (2024). How magical is the scene at twilight? Very strong Kate Bush inspiration going on, so you know it's gonna be good...

mqdefault.jpg
  • AWMAWM
  • AWMAWM
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Been enjoying Fabiana Palladino with her classic sound. Some of her work has an 80s vibe. This one employs a bit of piano and i love the retro intro.

Stay With Me Through The Night

• AWMAWM