Blofeld Theory

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just like solid continuity between films. I wouldn't want another DAF completely ignoring OHMSS situation.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Oh dear another continuity thread. Easiest answer is, it's a Bond film.
    There is no continuity other than the occasional reference to a character or place, or the events of a film long past. And generally with a different lead actor in the place of the one that the reference is towards.
    It's nice to have a 'connection' to other films at times, but to look into things too deeply is only going to drive you nuts. And then potentially cause you to post those thoughts on the internet. Clearly showing you to be...well nuts.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe Bond has face blindness that keeps popping up every now and again during most inconvenient times. It would explain why he has sex with so many different women: in his head they are all the same person, but because of his condition he can't realize it's not.

Have you been reading Raymond Benson's novel Face Blind (2003) by any chance?
    Benny wrote: »
    Oh dear another continuity thread. Easiest answer is, it's a Bond film.
    There is no continuity other than the occasional reference to a character or place, or the events of a film long past. And generally with a different lead actor in the place of the one that the reference is towards.
    It's nice to have a 'connection' to other films at times, but to look into things too deeply is only going to drive you nuts. And then potentially cause you to post those thoughts on the internet. Clearly showing you to be...well nuts.

But the Craig films have had continuity between films and Spectre ties them all together.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'd really appreciate it if the movies stayed away from pregnancies.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2015 Posts: 17,804
    Murdock wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

Offspring would only be born to have to be killed off anyhow, so I too see little point in going down that road. Past experience in the Bond films and novels has surely told us that anyone who gets too personally close to Bond dies a grim death so he's better off left as a lone wolf.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.

Offspring would only be born to have to be killed off anyhow, so I too see little point in going down that road. Past experience in the Bond films and novels has surely us that anyone who gets too personally close to Bond dies a grim death so he's better off left as a lone wolf.

Yeah it's just pointless. It would just be Death Wish with Bond.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I feel that it does work, but only as a dropped plot thread. It's worth that payoff, that the audience is left knowing that this offspring exists, yet also that Bond never will. I think that's far preferable to the expanded information that we've gotten about Bond's past in these past couple of films.

It would probably work better with a new Bond actor's run instead of Craig's. (Whether or not he does another one.) But other than that, it's one thing I could really go without.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Maybe Bond has face blindness that keeps popping up every now and again during most inconvenient times. It would explain why he has sex with so many different women: in his head they are all the same person, but because of his condition he can't realize it's not.

Have you been reading Raymond Benson's novel Face Blind (2003) by any chance?

Can't say that I have.

And that's almost what we would have gotten with a Paul Haggis QoS script. How he wrote CR and then wrote something involving that plot line is just...unbelievable.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't mind the idea of Bond getting someone pregnant ala YOLT, my issue would be that some dickhead director, further down the line, would have his son return as a twenty-something villain.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2015 Posts: 15,690
    RC7 wrote: »
    I don't mind the idea of Bond getting someone pregnant ala YOLT, my issue would be that some dickhead director, further down the line, would have his son return as a twenty-something villain.

Hire Jai Courtney for that role and the film will be a winner. ;)
    I think using The Man With the Golden Gun as the basis for Bond 26 and the introduction of the next Bond would be a very good idea, and the way I would go about making the film if it were up to me, but I can't see EON going for it.

The next actor is already going to have his hands full taking over from Craig anyway, but then to be saddled with a storyline that is about having to find his identity again and that would invite that kind of self-doubt to be a cornerstone of the performance of the character, I can't see them doing that for a debut film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond didn t really lose any mental abilities in Spectre. It was just a drill.