Daniel craig is hopeful to film bond 25 in Greece

2»

Comments

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    gt007 wrote: »
    Who wouldn't want to see a face off between Bond and some SPECTRE agents in the coliseum? If done well, that would make the movie.

I think Dan's interest alone in shooting in Greece bodes quite well for the chance that the next film will take place there. If EON trusts his word on other acting talent like Bardem and even greater, directors like Mendes, then location choices seem rather small beans in comparison.

And the location would offer some great chances to play with themes grounded in Greek mythology, as SPECTRE itself is still so mythic and eerie.

Except the Colosseum is in Rome... ;)

He probably meant Acropolis. :)

RC7 wrote: »
    Athens is one of the great cities of the world, yet to feature in a Bond. I'd welcome it with open arms. (Yes, I understand this article is fluff).

I've visited Greece numerous times, and Acropolis aside, I was a bit underwhelmed by Athens compared to Greek islands, Thessaloniki, Volos, The Corinth Canal... That said, I was in Athens exactly 20 years ago on a school trip, so my impressions of it might not be too accurate.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    gt007 wrote: »
    Who wouldn't want to see a face off between Bond and some SPECTRE agents in the coliseum? If done well, that would make the movie.

I think Dan's interest alone in shooting in Greece bodes quite well for the chance that the next film will take place there. If EON trusts his word on other acting talent like Bardem and even greater, directors like Mendes, then location choices seem rather small beans in comparison.

And the location would offer some great chances to play with themes grounded in Greek mythology, as SPECTRE itself is still so mythic and eerie.

Except the Colosseum is in Rome... ;)

He probably meant Acropolis. :)

Yes, a minor mental flub. I must have subconsciously been thinking about how much I wanted it to feature in SP's Rome sections at the time I posted.

With an Acropolis shoot Bond 25 could do what Blood Stone did, by having a bombing planned for an international summit that Bond has to stop. Or just have it as a cool shadowy meeting place. Of course it visually might feel too similar to SP and its Rome sections, so they might shy away from filming there.
    Well i guess Tenerife will double for Athens then in Bond 25?!!!! ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    RogueAgent wrote: »

They tried that already with Greece standing in for Madrid in FYEO! :))
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Lol! True!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Lol! True!

Yes, all they needed was some inexpensive whitewash! ;)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    They could get away with filming the 'Spain' scenes in Corfu because neither country has cars with indicators.
    Or they may as well not have, in any case...
    AceHole wrote: »
    They could get away with filming the 'Spain' scenes in Corfu because neither country has cars with indicators.
    Or they may as well not have, in any case...

As Roger Moore might have said, "Spanish drivers!" :))